46 coaches online • Server time: 23:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Paladin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same problem as many people seem to. My computer crashes just about every time i score a td, end the half, or end the game. I have read all the stuff about the conflict with the nic card drivers. I consider myself to be fairly competent in regards to computers and I can not figure out how that would work. Maybe you could help me out there? Anyhow, I am running windows 98 second edition. I have a linksys LNE100TX(Version 5) fast ethernet card with the most recent driver update. I am running internet explorer verion 6 SP1. I think the main reason i dont buy the nic driver bit is that there is no evidence that any one specific nic card driver has consistently caused a conflict. I spoke with someone today who used the same exact card as i use. Both of us have the same current drivers for the card, and he does not have any problems. That being said, there has to be another reason for these lockups. I really want to play this game so i am gonna do my homework here and try to figure this one out LOL. I think it is great that some people have been able to solve the problem by useing another driver, or card, but the results are just not consistant enough to warrant that as the only problem. Your thoughts???

Paladin
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I have the same nic card as you, and used to have problems. Seems it has something to do with one version of java and certain cards. You might want to try upgrading to the latest jre.

The Finishing Touch
Paladin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL go figure hehehe... well anyhow, where do i go to get the latest jre?
Paladin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL never mind THANKS!!!
 Jump to: