69 coaches online • Server time: 21:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tank

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite overall race is Orcs!
They tend to play well with others. Poundability, with the option of an unreliable but fun passing game Very Happy

ATM im experimenting with H/elves. Im finding them harder to play at low levels though...Maybe it's the lack of RR's or skills Confused Or because i just suck when it comes to elves. Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm my favorite race is Necromantic (although at high TR I suffer a shortage of flesh golems)

other good races
For High TR tourneys Lizardmen
Highelfs and Woodelfs are good at low TR but woodies suffer major problems with durablity

Starting your HE's with 10 linemen 1 thrower and 3RR's and high FF is best way to play well at low TR with HE's
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta agree with Brownrob, CD can be slaughtered if you concentrate on hitting hobbies, you'll go into the second half with huge numbers advantage, (unless you are a breakable team like woodies). And elves can dance around them. Orcs or a well developed Chaos rock. And dwarves should win by historical right . . . My team can't though Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, who won the race between the Flash and Superman? I never did get that issue.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
The Ultimates

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

They tied, naturally. Both of them got captured and were replaced by doubles (who had rockets on their shoes) in simultaneous attempts by two unrelated organized crime syndicates to throw the match and win big with the bookies.

Oh. You were being facetious... nevermind.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, but Logan aka Wolverine kicked the butt of that Lobo-biker-punk!

Best team is the one which gets the most games, right? And has a decent chance of not only winning, but surviving the game? Then I have to root for humans. Elves don't fear them the way they do orcs or chaos, so you'll get more games. Av 8 and the proper mix of skills can make them stand up to the aforementioned orcs and chaos. Good speed to run around, broad mix of skills to alter game-style mid-game, leads to adaptable playstyle to win games. Sure, they're not as good at passing as elves, or as good at bashing as chaos, but they're better bashers than elves and better passers than chaos. No real strengths, even fewer weaknesses. There's a reason there are so many human teams in fumbbl. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Before the last rules review, I would definitely have said Chaos Dwarves. I still say Chaos Dwarves, but now they're better balanced. Chaos Dwarves are strong at all levels of developement, their players fit perfectly for their roles, and they can play any team without being to scared about getting killed off (unlike, say Wood Elves). You'll win with Chaos Dwarves without having to be an Elf-chicken, and that's appealing. People also seem less scared to play against CD than against normal Dwarves.

The best starting team is almost certainly Dwarves, though - you can't go wrong with lots of block, lots of AV and lots of RR. Halflings are absolutely outstanding for the first couple of matches too, with a full team, obsessive fouling and investments in the chef.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all about Chaos.. they are one of the most interesting teams out there I think. They can bash with the best (if you're into the Claw/DP route) or they can effectively run and throw the ball. It may take a little time to come up with the type of team you're trying to develop but it is worth it in the long run.

They can also be very frustrating at times.. but that goes for any team really. Once you get that doubles though it's all gravy. Tentacles, VLL, Foul Appearance.. ahh good stuff. Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Halflings, thus.

I bet you ment Halfinks!
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but I am human. Thus I can't pull of a joke, etc, etc. Smile

-Mnemon
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My boring answers would say Orcs (hi av and fairly flexible) and Woodies

Interesting answers CDorfs and Skaven (access to all of the skill categories)
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Anything with enough DP to remove your opponents team ^^

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll base my answer to this question on how easy it is to get games with a team.

I'd say Chaos dwarf teams have the higest hell no ratio of all, so obviously they are considered the hardest team to get a good result AND survival against.

If I look at my own record: I always get creamed by the ratzz, so I think they are also great contenders.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves are the best. Durability, stability and skills to make up for it.

I hate Dwarves...
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody taught me new respect for the amazon team this morning , they battered be around and i hardly touched them , dodgy blocky girly gits , not playing them again until I have at least 14 tacklers , or till someone asks i guess but they were a pretty good team
 Jump to: