56 coaches online • Server time: 22:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
New slot for Ranked Division?
YES!
35%
 35%  [ 53 ]
NO!
64%
 64%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 151

Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

YES!
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont understand the question
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove all but one slot from ranked.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there is plenty.

Try Faction/Unranked/Ladder/DivX if you really need more teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

okay thinking i know what you mean know after everyone elses comments and i agree with jinxed 5 teams is plenty that gives you a chance to have a bash a medium and a quck team and 2 other teams to keep you happy if you is really desperate you can play in another division , personally i hate having loads of teams it stops you developing your favourite and people cherry pick your weak teams and wont play your hard teams ,
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the 5 max limit on ranked is good and should stay. What I'd love to see is a general fumbbl wide allowance. Like this:

5 max ranked, 2 max ladder, 2 max faction and you can have a total of 34 teams (which is the current maximum) that you can devide between all divisions within these set limits to your own choosing. I don't need my ranked slots but I'd love to have more in stunty, and likely would devote more teams to divx then I currently can, too.

-Mnemon
Azurus

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Down to 3 slots in ranked.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 5 slots are enough.
You can have a lot of teams in unranked, so there is no need to get one more in ranked.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

5 is good
Pelzmuff

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't fix...

I got 5 on it and so it should stay Smile.
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should there be a limit on ranked at all? Perhaps I am missing something.
I'm not sure what the status quo is, but I figured that we all get x amount of team slots.
You can use these however you like, in any division you like.

e.g. you have 4 slots in total and the only two divisions are Ranked and Stunty. You can have the following options:
0 Ranked 4 Stunty
1 Ranked 3 Stunty
2 Ranked 2 Stunty etc. etc.

So what's all the fuss about?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought it'd be really nice to have more than 5 slots in Stunty myself, but I'm fine with the other allowances.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar, the limit on stunty slots really is the one thing that annoys me. I want at least 10 teams in there - more the more races to choose from Wink.

-Mnemon
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

- i have nothing against other divisions than ranked, but what if i want to play my teams in an official LRB environment only ? 5 slots isn't much. what about allocating a total number of slots in R/F/L and letting player manage their teams as they feel ?

- in divX for example, you can hardly find a game for a new team. or you have to play exclusively Ogre teams. great.

- what about removing the "5 games minimum" rule in R ? does it serve any purpose worth the trouble ?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

That one only get games against Ogres in divx is not true. Check the past matches of any of my divx teams. What the problem is that people simply only focus on ranked. If no one makes teams in divx, of course you won't get matches. So get those teams, advertise and help make it more active.

Unranked is an LRB official environment if you shape it into one. You don't have to play against unofficial teams, you know. And as what happens on FUMBBL are one of games the history of the team you are playing against does not negate the fact that, as long as it is an offical roster, it is in line with the LRB too. There are no experimental skills in Unranked. All these arguments have been brought forward in the past of course.

The minimum 5 games before creating new team rule does have a purpose. One being to discourage people from needlessly retireing teams, the other to actually get people to play in divisions other then ranked, too. DivX/unranked/Ladder are at this point so inactive that I'd rather see it increased to 10 games minimum then seeing it removed.

-Mnemon
 Jump to: