45 coaches online • Server time: 13:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
should there be an undead stunty team
Yes , if its done good
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
no , whats the point
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no , we got plenty of teams already
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
dont care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no ,we got vamplings there kinda undead ish arent they
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

nazerdemus

Post 20 Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The short and the dead (again , i know )

As I sat watching another bunch of halflings /goblins /other short guys getting descimated , I thought to myself , wouldnt it be good if I could do something with all the spare parts scraped of the pitch at the end .Quickly clicking through my book of necromantic spells I had an idea .

Ok have been suggested before , but the suggestions seem to have been , little mummys, with little zombies (guilty ) with little wight , and little ghoul , so ive tried to come up with some newer ideas to refresh the idea slightly

First off no matter how big you are eventually you'll die , now are you gonna let that stop you playing ball , Monster Zombies generically razed from anything Big that played ball , (or you could have a choice of minotaur Zombie , Troll Zombie , Ogre Zombie etc

Next - A lot of players who die in stunty in my imagination die a bit more messier than your standard Death in bloodbowl , not always true but often enough it is so, Ive put together (lame pun ) a Scraper , these guys are put back together from various dead players parts , consequently they get a few extra bits ( im thinking Two Heads and extra Arms at the moment , with the option to graft on other bits as you go if the coach can be bothered )

Now if you havent got the time, strength or resources to nick whole corpses you can just nick off with the arms , cast some magic to animate them , and before you know it you got yourself a brand new star in the making , although they would probably be a bit rubbish .

Everyone Loves Werewolves , there cute and cuddly , but not many people talk about Wereferrets , they tend to be a lot smaller than the wolf Lycanthropes , but are a bit more dodgey and stunty , but still have there claws Smile

And because every team needs a boring player you have your zomblings -standard stunty corpes up and going again .

Little Necros

0-12 Zombling 's -Regenerate,stunty, dodge 4 2 2 8 (G) ,30K
0-2 Wereferrets -Regenerate , Claws,stunty,,dodge 6 2 3 6 (G, A),60K
0-2 Spare Part Zombies (Scrapers ) - Two Heads, , Extra Arms ,regenerate ,stunty,dodge , (G,Ph) 5 2 2 7 ,50k
0-2 Animated Arms (Creepy Crawlies) 5 1 3 6 - Tackle ,stunty , dodge ,regen (A,P) ,40K
0-2 Monster Zombies - Wild Animal ,Mighty Blow ,Regen, 4 ,5 ,2 ,10 (G,S) ,120k

Apothecary - dont be silly
Rerolls 60k

Special Rules - Kill a stunty ,bring it back as Zombling

Ok this is only a mock up any further changes or suggestions would be welcome, and whether it would be possible to set it to give back Zomblings for dead stuntys i dont know .

Also the costs are estimated and not worked out yet , any other ideas for postionals or other thoughts Smile
paradocks

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A stunty team with a possible 16 players with G access? Sounds a little bit overwhelming.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the concept is not the worst I've seen so far, but I'd suggest to go with the "rather make them too weak and improve"-philosophy that has been used with the latest additions to stunty.

I'd tone down the Monster Zombies. Reduce strength, and no mighty blow maybe or possibly remove general but give them physical instead - you already have the wereferrets starting with claws. Much too much general skill access across the team. The way they are they would be loaded with block and tackle - the two most harmful skills to have in stunty leeg. Take it away from Zomblings (ag instead) and spare part zombies (ag and ph instead). I'd reduce the agility of the animated arms. Ag3 plus tackle plus stunty makes for extremly powerful things that can crawl into cages too. Add the fact that they can get sidestep and diving tackle and that is too much.

Remove regenerate from the wereferrets if they are to be similar to werewolves, maybe increase to ma7.

As such, the concept needs more work Smile [And then a lot of playtesting of course].

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %27, %2004 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Azurus

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

That's no good! Where are the skellings? Zombies are dull, we don't need them!

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the over general access was a brian lapse , as was the regen for the wereferrets which i was just still typin regen , the monster zombies aint a lot different from trolls ,

Little Necros mk2 , at the mo im just trying to get a list for playtesting to see how they go

0-12Zombling 's -Regenerate,stunty, dodge 4 2 2 8 (A) ,30K
0-2 Wereferrets -Claws,stunty,,dodge 6 2 3 6 ( A),60K
0-2 Spare Part Zombies (Scrapers ) - Two Heads, , Extra Arms ,regenerate ,stunty,dodge , (A,Ph) 5 2 2 7 ,50k
0-2 Animated Arms (Creepy Crawlies) 5 1 3 6 - Tackle ,stunty , dodge ,regen (A,P) ,50K

Big Guys 0-2 from

0-2 Minotaur Zombies - Wild Animal ,Frenzy,Regen,Big Guys 5 ,5 ,2 ,9(G,S) ,120k
0-2 Ogre Zombies- Wild Animal ,Thick Skull , Regen, Big Guy ,4,5,2,9 (G,S) 120k
0-2 Troll Zombies -Wild animal , Regen , Big Guy , 3,5,1 ,10 (G,S)100k

I aint stuck on none of the postionals any suggestions for fun stunty undead ? please no "little (insert name of undead player from khemri , necro , undead)
annachie

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Animated Arms have you thought of giving them Tentacles instead of tackle? (A mass of arms just sewn together and animated. Smile ) Or perhaps prehensile tail?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

diving tackle?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What I like about Undead is the fact that they have access to very slow Big Guys without negatrait.

How about trying to come up with something like that?
No BG's but 0-2 ST4 without negatrait and mighty blow, or even 0-4 ST3 with no negatrait and not even general access?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as he is going "Necros" (and if in thought only) adding stand firm to those "big guys" might be worth considering.

-Mnemon
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg already has 3 regen-based teams: Nurglings, Strigoyan and Snotlings. I agree with Jinxed, I don't think we need another regen team with an "unreliable" Big Guy. I'd only like to see an Undead team if they have a unique feel and a good Blood Bowlish background. Can't say I'm terribly fond of the Adam's Family-ish team concepts proposed so far. I'd love to see someone come up with a good theme that doesn't involve adding -ling to an existing roster.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
United Sorcers' Familiar Legion