46 coaches online • Server time: 10:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
[That is why stunty leeg is so bad. Fluff before team balancing.

As I already have said, that is not true.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
That is why stunty leeg is so bad. Fluff before team balancing.

It never was true throughout the entire history of my involvement in Stunty Leeg. As I stated earlier, Fluff, Uniqueness and Novel playing styles were the 3 criteria that were used when creating rosters. But I may be wrong, and someone not as extensively involved in Stunty Leeg may know better than I, what guided my decisions regarding Stunty Leeg.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
In Their Own Words

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Fluff, Uniqueness and Novel playing styles were the 3 criteria that were used when creating rosters.

And these are still the 3 most important elements to think when someone is thinking about proposing some team. Also if youre really wanting your creation see daylight in stunty fields (hmmm) someday it really gets megahyperbonuspoints if you have playtested your idea with various different rosters and team ratings.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

give gnomes 3 slayers!

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:

stunty leeg is just a petty excuse to attack other fumbblers, jus drop let the people do there thing

its 9am im tired aint slept yet i dunno if that even makes sence but i tried

I'm afraid not. Wink

/johan
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams that I'd be interested in seeing developped:
  • Bray: Beasts of Chaos inspired team. Not Ungors. Ungors are big and tough, not stunty! Brays are runty scavengers that hover around the fringes of the beastman community. I think they can bring something new to the Stunty Leeg by playing up their feral, infighting nature. A team with a lot of Bonehead and/or Wild Animal could be suitably mayhemful. Another unique feature would be to include Hounds (very fluffy). I'd like to see a roster that featured bashy Brays which would produce a very novel playing style. This goes to prove that all it takes is a little research to find a new Stunty Leeg concept that fits into the established background.
  • Horrors: Tzeentchian inspired team. I think a team featuring tentacled stunties would be very appropriate for the Lord of Change. I've tried several times to create a Horror roster, but have never been truly satisfied. I've yet to solve their Big Guy equivalent problem. If a unique Chaos Spawn could be developped, I'd love to see this kind of team implemented. Other fluffy additions to the team could be a retro Blue Horror with Big Hands. Truly, one of the few untapped parts of the GW universe that's worth exploring.
  • Circus: Very campy circus inpsired roster. Not one of the strongest from a fluff perspective but much stronger than other attempts at kludging a passing/dump off team into the Stunty Leeg. If it weren't for the strong uniqueness factor and novel playing style, I wouldn't being advocating very strongly for this team. But since it scores so highly on the other two factors, I don't mind the background story that Blood Bowl's dominance of the entertainment sector has driven the circuses to such desperation as to require them to compete on the pitch in order to survive financially.
  • Imp/Dark Familiar: Wizards have always figured prominently in the BB Universe (Cabalvision, Necromancer's Broadcasting Circle, Dungeon Bowl, etc.) that I think a sorcerers' familiar inspired team is worth pursuing. In the tradition of Blood Bowl parodying rea life acronyms, I thought the United Sorcerers' Familiars Legion (USFL) would be a very fluffy addition. I think an Imp would be a good baseline player for such a team. Giving it the fluffy skills of Horns and Prehensile Tail could give the team a real Unique feel. And that would leave the problem of creating a suitable Big Guy or Big Guy Equivalent. All in all, I think there's a core of a very fluff roster that's worth pursuing.
  • Gnoblar: It's probably a bit to early to start working on this one. But once the Ogre Kingdoms army book is out, I could see the possibility of developping a Gnoblar Stunty Leeg team. Again proving that you don't need to pollute the Stunty Leeg with teams whose background just doesn't fit into the Blood Bowl Universe.

There probably are a couple of other teams that could be added that are consistent with the Blood Bowl Backround (Goblin variants, Clan Eshin to name just a couple). But if just the above teams were added, the Stunty Leeg would have 18 teams. And with 18 teams it makes me wonder what Unique and Novel Playing Style could be developped to make a team worth adding to the Stunty Leeg, even if for some really crazy reason, it was decided that Fluff was an irrelevant criteria.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Warhammer World