40 coaches online • Server time: 10:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
good idea?
Booo not another MU
75%
 75%  [ 37 ]
sounds ok needs tweaking
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
sounds amazin count me in
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 49

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

meh iv disbanded the group and ran back into my shell and untill i get a new idea

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Goooon my son!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

how is going EMU, Inqui?
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing It ended weeks ago Laughing

I'll get bunny to invite you to season 5 personally Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

d'oh.. EMU.. I guess I'll write that up now since i cant find a game Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

iv decided not to play bloodbowl but to run leagues and genrally annoy people

You do an excellent job

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

your sarcasim wont bring me down!

i shall continue to try and get drunk and make wacky leagues!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I say give people a bunch of bonus points for killing Dirty Players!

Since the only point of the mangling unions seems to be causing as many casualties as possible they are in this context the most valuable players on the pitch.

DP mangling union go!! Twisted Evil
Cynther

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm what's next? An Elven Mangler's Union?

"Tired of evil orcs hitting you just because of your pointy ears? Ever felt that the ogre that gave you that niggle just did it for fun? NOW is the time to stand up! Join the Elven Mangler's Union and mangle back!"

Maybe not.. Rolling Eyes
asperon

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to create BMU, The bashers mangling union, where you score points for killing players with bashing skills, like:

MB 1 pts
DP 2 pts
Claw/RSC 3 pts
etc..

and these add upp ofcourse.

then the xMU ppl can play each other.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 10:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

"Another twist if you play another league member (has to be in your chosen race target) add 15 points if you win AND out cas him

Play other Magling unions and win you get a bonus of 5points even if its not your race target"

These two paragraphs from the group page would disqualify it from running outside [U]. You are not allowed to run a system where the scoring is a function of group membership as that is considered a league.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

how about in drunk and disorderly you get bonus points for liver failure, vomiting, drunken fights, waking up in a ditch etc!
Funso

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quota, Fumbbl IS only for bashers.

This is a generalization, of course, but if you spent any time on the main bloodbowl website (Talkbloodbowl.com) and get to know the members there, you'd realize that Fumbbl is the butt of every joke. We tend to have very bashy players here, and some rudeness.

In the real world, fouling every turn is likely to get you a slap, or a sulking, realworld person at the table with you. So in the real world this tends not to happen very often. People simply don't do fouls on the last turn in realworld games, and people don't do last turn crowd pushes in these games. But here at Fumbbl, it happens all the time. You really think Wahun would foul every turn against a reallife person? Of course he wouldn't. But here, he can't see the opponent, and that causes him to become abstract.

The fact we have a free game client means we get a lot of idiots coming to play, and we have to accept this is going to lead to Mangling Unions and such.

All this bashiness isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. It just means that here there is a different atmosphere in games here than in the real world, and as a player our task is a little different as we have to adapt to different play styles.
Delta

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not too fussed on this idea. While it might be an attempt to group all of the MU's together in some way, shape or form, I just think that it's not worth the hassle. (and as Christer has pointed out, with the current group rules it wouldn't be allowed outside of (U) anyway).
If you are part of any MU then so be it. Let's not get too carried away with encompassing them all. Remember, most of the MU's will dissapear after a very short life-span anyway.

Personally DDF, I'd rather just nag you to carry on with sorting out the Emumu - especially with EMU Season 5 on it's way. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso: and to many non-TBBers, TBB is a desolate wasteland of loud mouthed blowhards revolving in a giant cosmic circle j*rk, who think they speak the word of god. I'll take the core fumbbl community over the core TBB community any day.

And this idiot plays the same way in RL that he plays on fumbbl. I play to win, and if you happen to leave a sweet player on the ground near my cage... I'm giving it the boot. In fact, RL i'm often worse as I really get into the role-playing aspects. Orcsies dun car what turn it is... dey droppin da boom on dem runtz!