28 coaches online • Server time: 02:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should there be niceness rating?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 22 ]
Whatever
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 109

peikko

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What abot... Coach rating according to other peoples opinion how they behave in games and after them? There could be option to give + - feedback to some coach with comment and from that Niceness factor could be calculated so it could be positive or negative. Of cource with comments. There have been couple *no names mentioned* coaches who seem to behave badly in most games they play. Quit games and not reporting played ones.
This will prolly divide peoples minds alot, theres definetly both good and bad things about this. It should also be possible for get this rating nulled in some cases with writing a nice letter to admins that one will change their behavior. Ive seen this kinda things on online auctions and it works well.
So, any thoughts?
tore

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be a nice idea, although you should not be able to rate a coach annonymously AND you should always have to give a reason for the + or -.

Additionally I think it would be nice, if you could only rate coaches who you've actually played - otherwise the system may be abused.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

True, this could be only available on uploaded game -screen.
But I wouldnt go to anonymous cause that could also lead into abusing, it shoudl note what is the rating of the commenting coach too.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there need to be comments.
Anonymous votes; positive, neutral, or negative; and a one coach one vote limit, which you are allowed to change after any future games against the coach.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A way to do it would be to add it to the match report screen, and make it possible for edit. The upload game screen would be too early for me. Sometimes I get really pissed (while not typing the angry messages) on my end because of my crappy dice rolls or misclicks, and my opponents willingness to exploit them. In a perfect world I should except the fact that it had nothing to do with him, but in reality some of that anger unfortunately gets projected on the guy on the other end. After some time to cool off, I realize the reality of it, and don't hold it against the guy on the other end, and more likely to be favorable.

I would suggest it like they do on game/book review boards. Have a rating at the very top on how the coach is doing (average of ratings), and a review of the coach.

As I type this, I realize that it should be both be anonymous, and necessary to have played the coach. Anonymous in order to avoid retribution. Necessary to have played the coach, to avoid abuse.

Also I think, in order to keep anonymity, this rating should not be shown, until they have played X number of games, and should only be updated after x more number of games. The first thing that comes to mind for x is 5.

Asperon Thorn

Last edited by AsperonThorn on %b %20, %2003 - %00:%May; edited 1 time in total
Chappy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's a prety cool idea. Rate the coach you played against after every game based on behavior and sportsmanship (not wether you won or lost) on a 1 to 10 scale. Gives you more of an idea of who you'll play, other than just having a team strength rating.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

See, the problem is how do you keep it to only rating sportsmanship, and not just how annoyed you are that you lost, or rolled 32 consecutive 1s, or that your favorite player died on a failed GFI.

The Finishing Touch
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I was saying let it be editable and done after after match reporting, and only refreshing x number of games. One person won't be able to skew it that much. As far as some people just giving sh***y ratings, because they themselves suck, that is just going to happen.

Do you not go see a movie because the jackass that works at your local newspaper gave it a bad review? No. Does it make the movie any less good? No. Yet professional critics still feel content bashing everything that comes out, and its a system that works. Not everyone will take it out on a coach.

If you add it to the match report, make it anonymous, and make it so people don't have to comment (but can) then it should give a farely accurate overall picture of what to expect.

We already get comments like these in the match reports: "He is a complete jackass", "Nice guy, fouls too much", "Great opponent, I would play this guy anytime." and "Plays too slow." For people like me that have too much free time on our hands, we use those to gauge opponents. But it would be nice to see a nice overall number (maybe evenlinked to the bowlbot) in order to choose opponents.

Asperon Thorn
AlphaX

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely you should get to put one vote in per game played. You shouldn't be able to change your vote later. (Like ebay.) But it should be 100% optional, so you don't have to put jack in. You should have like 72 hours after the game is reported to put in the feedback. And you should have an option so a negitive feedback sends you an email "asap"...

What would be MUCH nicer is to have foul statistics per player or team...

This is blood bowl - so expect folks to blitz your stunty / catcher / low av / low str players, expect them to foul your damn jump up+ag 5+leap+tackle+strip ball war dancer or your RSC/PO minotaur. What is kind of rude is when you are playing a team which is killing you in score, injuries and such -- and they stall.

oh yeah - over view of the coach - or viewing of the coach should show 2 statistcs. the reviews of the coach, and the average review given. so if someone gives everyone negitive feedback - they will mark themselves as a negitive reviewer.
AlphaX

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yeah -
the rating must be PER team. I don't usally foul at all with some teams, and other teams it can be a requirement to foul (for example, Axes of Evil...evil - evil...)
Dragoonkin

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the reasons AlphaX listed are exactly why there SHOULDN'T be a system like this.

Quote:
What is kind of rude is when you are playing a team which is killing you in score, injuries and such -- and they stall.

See, that's your OPINION. You don't like it when people play that way, but it's perfectly acceptable. But by saying you specifically don't like it when people do that, you've just biased any comments you give and made them worthless, if people don't play how "you" like.

Which is exactly why "peer-rating" coaches on the way they play will never be a good idea.

List the number of times they've bailed on games, failed to report, whatever...but there shouldn't be a "peer-rating".
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I can almost garantee that this will never happen. We have dicussed various systems like this before, and the reasons I listed above are just some of the many reasons not to do it. And for all the problems it can cause, it doesn't really solve any. We don't really have any "problem players". You can run into some problems with new coaches, but they would not be ranked in such a system anyway. Anyone who is routinely causing problems is not going to be with us long, as that sort of behaviour is not tolerated.

The Finishing Touch
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I stil would like a foul statistic added to each player, in addition to mvps, cas, etc.
It would at least give people an indication of what they are going to get themselves into against foulers. Sure you can look at the team but I have some woodies with 2 DP's and I rarely use them but most people would look and say I foul a lot because of those two players. Anyway it can be good for people who want to be the biggest fouler and those who want to avoid teams like that.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp is right. This league is more like a family. After you played 20 games or so, you know the names in the #fumbbl Channel or here on the board. And if a known player does creapy things, he'll loose his reputation.

But I would prefer general statistiks about my team. TDs, CASs, INTs, CMPs per game or something like that. Smile

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

How could you rate a player who quit if you only get to review after the game?

How about each coach having one + and one -, and placing them on the coach they would least and most like to play against. Anonymous ofcourse. And you should have played a certain amount of games before you could review someone. Each + and - could also have to have a comment.
 Jump to: