31 coaches online • Server time: 09:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should there be niceness rating?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 22 ]
Whatever
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 109

Artimus20

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of having a poll on "Would you play this player again?" or coaches that you would like to play most.
hodlum

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

why does everyone want this anonymous voting stuff? If you believe the other person did you wrong, you should let him know it. If his a reasonable kind of guy, he'll change his tactics and his rating will get better. If his going to continue his bad playing style and tries to seek retribution, well then, his rating will get so bad that no on will play him.

This way also, theres far less chance of abuse as we'll all know who voted for who and why.
Dragoonkin

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, from what everyone's saying, this is less of a "niceness" rating and more of an "Elfball" rating. If you go for Cas, if you Foul, if you do this that and the other thing that "I don't like", you'll get dinged. And other players who like to play touchy-feely-ball won't play you.
odi

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really understand why there should be a coach niceness rating. Because people will start to rate you about how they like your tactics, not exactly "about coach niceness".

Coach niceness rating should rate the coaches on things like how fun are they to play with. How talkative are they. For example, do they ask you to shut up, after you type "lol" after they throw triple skulls or stuff, or do they laugh with you. I've had fun games, even with people who just try to foul my team to death, after all, when an ag5 gutter runner fails a leap and stuns himself, I'd kick him myself if I could.

Hmm... If we start to put sportmanship into this thing also, I wonder how many sportmanship points would this get:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=55904 Sure he was unlucky, but that doesn't mean the other coach is a terrible coach Smile

Last edited by odi on %b %28, %2003 - %13:%May; edited 1 time in total
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho, a niceness rating is a "nice-to-have" feature but the risk of abuse is way too high. I played coaches who just quit in the end without even saying bye, because they lost. And I don´t want to screw up my rating cause I play better than some coaches.

If you could be sure that everyone would be rating fair and honest it might work out, but I don´t think that everybody will be so neutral to grade your behavior fairly afterwards with this tiny voice in the back of his head:" He sure was nice, but he killed your best blitzer!"
Guys be honest! This would be just a cheaper way to give a coach some payback, instead of putting a bounty on his players, which so far isn´t in.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with monsieur Klippy........thats all i have to say on the matter Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so we are all clear on this.

This will not be implemented because of fear of one possible consequence. So we rather take no action at all, as opposed to possibly seeing the other consequence, that we are all mature people and would rate people correctly, and not purely on a failed GFI resulting in death.

Personally, if Mr. Klipp had come out and said, "I can guarantee this will not happen, because frankly I don't want to do the code for it. Be happy with the site and let me play some %#$&* games, will ya!!" I would have been a lot more satisfied. Makes a lot more sense to me than nixing an idea, on a slight possiblity of abuse.

Asperon Thorn

Last edited by AsperonThorn on %b %23, %2003 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
Infantus

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about "niceness" but how about general sportsmanship? I don't care what people do with their players on the pitch, even if they foul every turn or stall for 8, it's all fair. What bothers me is people who complain the whole game about "luck" or start cursing out because they don't like a playing style. (not many on here do this, but it does happen)
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted whatever.

For the one thing - yes I think it could be abused, and is not really all that necessary when you hang around in IRC a bit - you get to know people.

On the other hand, yes, people might abuse it, but doing so would backfire on them in the long run. Likewise, undeserved negative comments would be evened out over time as well, as the majority [I assume] of the players is mature enough to not abuse the system.

So - I don't mind either way or the other, really Smile.

-Mnemon
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 23, 2003 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

What bothers me is people who complain the whole game about "luck" or start cursing out because they don't like a playing style.

Cursing about ones luck is part of the game for me Smile. When all you roll is double skulls and you opponent rolls Pows against your dodgers without having tackle, when he breaks your AV8 guys into tiny bits while you only manage to stun his AV7 players, well that´s what I call bad luck. And if you ask me (you didn´t but I answer anyway) whining and complaining happens. It´s part of the game and you just should be happy that you won Smile. There will be times for sure when you are loosing because your client is in a certain mood.

Some people like talking about it others don´t.

I think I´m not making any sense here, so I leave it now.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

For a while I thought maybe this was after all bad idea as people would abuse this kindof feature. But after every second player I recently have played ends up to be the kindof of fouling every turn (its ok, feel free if you want to but I dont like it so I dont want to play against players just wanting to kill other teams) and whats worse they are behaving badly. I dont like to read "youre stupid idiot" from chat window when I manage to score or bring their ball carrier down. And most of all ppl who quit games and/or dont upload results and even continue their behaviour in the irc channels after match...
It was too good to be true that some time ago it seemed that there were only couaches that liked playing Bloodbowl and having fun but this is cost of Fumbbl growing this big.
Linke_Wipeout

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well how about just simply a judgment of every coach (might take up some more space on C's hdd ... ) after uploading you have the chance to write a couple of lines about the other coach, if you like.
Then every coach has a Judgement , wich shows like the 10 last judgements posted.
Then you could atleast look before a game , to see a bit what the other coach is like.
And of course the judgements wouldn't be Anonymous .. if you don't like how another player plays .. YOU should atleast stand for it.
CauCauCau

Post   Posted: May 27, 2003 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't think fouling was in any way bad sportsmanship on behalf of the coach. Is that the general consensus about these parts? I foul tactically-- to stun or get the guy off the field because he needs to go-- not to kill/niggle.

^Cau
FLo711

Post   Posted: May 27, 2003 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 cents.

There is definetly the possibility of abuse, however the poeple most likely to abuse the system, i.e. give bulls**t reviews are also likely to the ones that act like morons during a game.

It'll probably never get implemented for this reason.

I do think however that it is feasible to get a disonnection rating for each player,i.e. how often they dont finish games, this could be monitered by admin and therefore would be truthful.

FLo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2003 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Daedalus wrote:
How could you rate a player who quit if you only get to review after the game?

How about each coach having one + and one -, and placing them on the coach they would least and most like to play against. Anonymous ofcourse. And you should have played a certain amount of games before you could review someone. Each + and - could also have to have a comment.

If they quit - see rules. Rumor has it a coach will be locked out if they do not compete the game. ...

Dragoonkin - yeah opinion- isn't that what any rating system would be ??? lol. Also, I said it is kind of rude, but it can be an excellent way to win for slow teams. Also, less danger to bash 2 or 3 players while the others watch from the KO box.
 Jump to: