58 coaches online • Server time: 16:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well skills do not add to stunty str (nurglins in the case I talk) about but shouldn' annoying skill like side step and diving tackle add some? these are a great help, more than leap or diving catch for exemple..
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed this myself..... Of course, it's an unranked team, but Nurglings all the same. I've got 3 Side-steppers now, after playing some Lizards and losing about 12 oppurtunities to crunch the buggers (until I got some tentacles on them!!!!) It does seem a bit odd though....

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The Team Strength calculations for Stunty are utterly and insanely broken. Don't even look at them. This is the calculations where:

a) Thrall counts as a skill for Strength calculations
b) No Hands doesn't give a Str rebate
c) Nurglings and Snots with 2 skills count the same as no-skill players of the same type
d) ...and so on and so on.

It would be a mercy to have the Team Strength score totally removed from the Stunty teams - at least it wouldn't confuse people any more. Either that or make a giant fix to them.

/johan
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not use strenght calculation to consider if I do play a game or not, not even TR. Watch on big guys and you will have an idea of opposing team strenght.

Anyway, I look on str to compare my players. It's like "hey he grown better with his skills"
it's a rather different team progress indicator.
dtahyaio

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I always think of it as the minimum strength worth of a player is 15k. In reality, the real strength of players like nurglings and snotlings might actually be much less than 15k, say 5k, and even with the addition of skills such as side step and diving tackle, they have still yet to breach the 15k mark.

So why are they worth 15k? Simple, they can give assists. Each extra snotling/nurgling etc out on the pitch is one more body you have in battle, thats worth something.
memola

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I donĀ“t see the problem, anyone who has played a couple or three games in stunty knows that TS is useless there.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

memola, you are right but it's clear that you didn't read the posts. It was not the point.

nurglin 5k worth? damn play mine they'll show how much they are worth!
Twisted Evil
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

strenght calculation in stunty is indeed horribly broken, team ratings are broken aswell as some skills are way more important than others, specially if theyre on certain players. Strenght calculation in stunty is based on same formulas as in ranked and other divisions. Building one for stunty alone would be huge task cause of the evolving nature of stunty leeg.
My advice is: look more closely at the rosters when deciding to play in stunty, not just some rating numbers.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed I do not, I noticed that you can play well against any team from any TR so that's not the point. But I wondered why side step adds value to a regular player but not to a stunty player.
 Jump to: