36 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kenty

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we add a sound effect for when a player gets pushed into the crowd? It's great to hear the hits on the pitch... but what about a sound for a player that goes surfing and gets ripped limb from limb?
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

that's great!! We should get a Mr. T. sound "I Pity The Fool!!"

Vamps Group
Istarios

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a /lol emote? I'd love to have a good hearted laugh availible for situations like when a treeman catches the ball on the los and one coach yells "Run Forrest, Run!"
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

*cringe*

worst.pun.ever.Rolling Eyes

"Best Bar in This Street"
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Worst pun ever? hardly. A woman with double d asking a guy what are you looking at... comes closer Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree thats a great pun!.. Although for want of trying, my Treeman couldn't catch wood-worm. Maybe some sounds from the cheerleaders "Give me a K... K!!" "Give me an I... I!!" "Give me an L... L!!" "Give me an L... L!!" - "Oh Blitzer your so fine your so fine you blow my.." Neutral

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep trying with the treeman. I once threw interceptions to two different mummies in the same game, so if they can do it your treeman can, too. I will now wash my ears out with turpentine to get the "Mickey" song out of my head.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd like to see the Crowd Sound Effects become more "crowdish". How often have you heard a crowd chant in unison "Ooh! That's got to hurt!"? I'd like to see more realistic Crowd Sounds:
  • Defensive chants. So you can root for your favourite team. "Deeee-Fence! Deeee-Fence!" "Let's Go Defence!" etc.
  • Offense chants. Again so you show your support for your favourite team rather than have to wait for a play to cheer for.
  • Gasps of astonishment. For horrific injuries or amazing plays. A more collective sound than the mighty specific "gotta hurt" sound.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
The Decline and Fall of the American Empire

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Gasps of astonishment. For horrific injuries or amazing plays. A more collective sound than the mighty specific "gotta hurt" sound.

I agree on this one. It would be multi-useful for the rooted Treeman gets the ball-situations and gfi falling in the end zone (Ooo..that doesn't really hurt :p).

I'd also like to hear a "foul him"/"finish him"!-chant to encourage more blocking. I can see this one being overused, though. But after all, this is Blood Bowl.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
...But after all, this is Blood Bowl.

5 yard penalty - illegal use of emphasis. Repeat the down.

(Just picking on you.)

I'd actually like to see it work akin to the player icons. You have a handful of spec noises and it will cycle through them. So, the first time someone uses the /boo command, it'll grab "boo1.wav". The second time it will grab "boo2.wav". The third time, it will see there's no "boo3.wav, so it will go back to "boo1.wav".

Either that or throw subfolders in the sounds directory for each possible noise. Every time the noise gets invoked, it pulls a random file from the appropriate subfolder. If you don't like the Ash clip (blasphemer!), you can pull it out of the folder and it won't be in rotation any more.

I suppose it would probably be more consistent to make a sounds.ini file and just make people go in and edit each sound clip by hand.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

the trouble would be if each spec has his own set of files, you will only hear your own stuff. Btw. what happens if your client call \boo10 and there is a spec with only \boo05... silence ot the start again?

I guess you will have to have a specified set of sounds, though there could be a wee bit more (I actually love Evos idea)

GOGOGOGO EVO!!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

any sounds added shouldnt encourage a player to do any action, wouldnt that be cheating? get your friend in and with the help of a few handy emotes Wink

I dont get Dreadclaws pun... is it because im irish??? Very Happy
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

I dont get Dreadclaws pun... is it because im irish??? Very Happy

I didn't get it either. i think maybe Dreadclaw is not too accurate on his definition of a pun.

Vrangarz

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
I'd actually like to see it work akin to the player icons. You have a handful of spec noises and it will cycle through them. So, the first time someone uses the /boo command, it'll grab "boo1.wav". The second time it will grab "boo2.wav". The third time, it will see there's no "boo3.wav, so it will go back to "boo1.wav".

Either that or throw subfolders in the sounds directory for each possible noise. Every time the noise gets invoked, it pulls a random file from the appropriate subfolder. If you don't like the Ash clip (blasphemer!), you can pull it out of the folder and it won't be in rotation any more.

I suppose it would probably be more consistent to make a sounds.ini file and just make people go in and edit each sound clip by hand.

Yes, that's a great idea. Recently I was compiling my own set of sounds (from Chaos League *g*) - and I really wished I could use all these fine block sounds... Having a handful of sounds for each action and playing one at random would be really fun and would make the imagination more vivid...

If there would be a background sound simulating a typical stadium atmosphere (look for example at Chaos League) I would be in heaven Wink
(For our 'real life' league we have created one, so I could provide it...)
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Vrangarz wrote:

If there would be a background sound simulating a typical stadium atmosphere (look for example at Chaos League) I would be in heaven Wink
(For our 'real life' league we have created one, so I could provide it...)

what, your real life league makes sound effects when someone gets blocked! Very Happy i'd love to see that!

"Best Bar in This Street"
 Jump to: