42 coaches online • Server time: 17:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

/throw a rock would be nice aswell Smile
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

wouldn't it be more logical to have a list of cheers and boos (in sperate files). this would give the player some form of control, allowing specific actions to have specific sounds, but would also enable a randomising sound rotation thing, so for the same action you could end up with 2-3 different sounds that could possibly be played...

just a thought...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
boneraven

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea of some more sounds, how about some for kickoff events etc too?

Pitch invasion = mass brawl.
Thrown rock = whistling sound of a big rock followed by meaty thud.
Get the ref = irate fans yelling "get 'im" or similar.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea!!!!! I hope this sound come soon! (Getting bored of my looney tones ones... Wink )
boneraven

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops sorry, rock already mentioned - posted at the same time.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

/weak -for those double1 armor rolls.

/lame

/stinks -all the cheesy moves the crowd happens to spot. Smile
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yes, that's a great idea. Recently I was compiling my own set of sounds (from Chaos League *g*) - and I really wished I could use all these fine block sounds... Having a handful of sounds for each action and playing one at random would be really fun and would make the imagination more vivid...

If there would be a background sound simulating a typical stadium atmosphere (look for example at Chaos League) I would be in heaven Wink
(For our 'real life' league we have created one, so I could provide it...)

send me all your chaos league sounds. If they tickle me that will probably get me to put in random sounds.

email to
skijunkiejbb 'at' hotmail.com

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Gueulemer

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

How about some Monthy Python classics?

For exemple:

/chicken When a coach starts to remove as far as possible his players from blocks. This could be taken from Quest of the Holy Grail, when the Black Knight, after loosing all his limbs, calls Arthur a chicken for refusing to battle him...

/vache Again, in Quest of the Holy Grail, they put a cow on a catapult, French soldiers say: Fetch la vache! Could be used when something bad happens to a bull centaur...

Also, what about music? Before a foul, I would love to hear a glimpse of Beethoven s "Midnight sonata"... You know, some good atmospheric tunes...
Vrangarz

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

SkiJunkie wrote:
send me all your chaos league sounds. If they tickle me that will probably get me to put in random sounds.

email to

Don't you think it could bring some copyright problems if we use them? Anyway, they are on the way...
Vrangarz

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Gueulemer wrote:
How about some Monthy Python classics?

For exemple:

/chicken When a coach starts to remove as far as possible his players from blocks. This could be taken from Quest of the Holy Grail, when the Black Knight, after loosing all his limbs, calls Arthur a chicken for refusing to battle him...

/vache Again, in Quest of the Holy Grail, they put a cow on a catapult, French soldiers say: Fetch la vache! Could be used when something bad happens to a bull centaur...

Also, what about music? Before a foul, I would love to hear a glimpse of Beethoven s "Midnight sonata"... You know, some good atmospheric tunes...

Well, if they would be some more commands and events linked with sounds, the rest would be up to you. If you like to hear "love me tender" every successful dodge - then just change the sound file.

PhilMan wrote:
what, your real life league makes sound effects when someone gets blocked! Very Happy i'd love to see that!

Well, "my league" makes no sounds effects, not for usual at least. But after a few beers Wink. But we have a cd with 60 minutes stadium sound, including blocks, screams and some embarrassing gags. Along with funny hymns for our teams, it's a lot of fun Very Happy
LindsayD

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Vrangarz wrote:
SkiJunkie wrote:

email to

Don't you think it could bring some copyright problems if we use them? Anyway, they are on the way...

Shouldn't do, if the sound is modified and therefore SJ's creative intellectual property (although I am most certainly not a lawyer, so please don't quote me on that!)... But I think SJ was meaning more as inspiration rather than as a direct source.
DM

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a toned down 'ambient' crowd noise for your games? When do you ever go to a big match and hear nothing but silence I ask? I reckon a looped ambient crowd sound would be really nice to have in the client...
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Well, I don't intend on distributing them. Having them myself will make it entertaining to do the coding. But with the beauty of
sound packs someone people can make their own sounds from where ever they want.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I reckon a looped ambient crowd sound would be really nice to have in the client...

I don't know about other people, but I suspect that I would find this really annoying. If you really want an ambient 'crowd' noise in the background, maybe get it going in winamp or something Mad

Vrangarz

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
Quote:
I reckon a looped ambient crowd sound would be really nice to have in the client...

I don't know about other people, but I suspect that I would find this really annoying. If you really want an ambient 'crowd' noise in the background, maybe get it going in winamp or something Mad

Well, mixed with the sounds of blocks, falls, fouls, casualties etc., I don't think it's annoying. But indeed it would be fine if you could switch it off.
 Jump to: