43 coaches online • Server time: 11:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a prediction for you!

Blades of Slaneesh, will be reaped like blades of grass! We'll haze you like a pledge on St. Patrick's Day weekend! You will succumb to the twisted taint that is Alpha Omega House!!!!

Wear your cod-pieces fellas, this one's gonna get ugly! Twisted Evil
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

2 right, 1 wrong... lets see the third game.

Z
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Err... fourth.

Z
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm eagerly awaiting my death in the next game (My team being WAY less developed than potential opponents). Nurgle is hoping for more rotting bodies, either way!!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 3

Well, here we are at the semifinals.

Papa Nurgle's Pretty Boys vs Blades of Slaanesh: 2 unbeaten teams... one's got to lose at this point. My money is on the Norse, though the Rotters have defied predictions before.

Crushers From Putrid Wastes vs That Fresh Feeling: Nurgle vs Nurgle... except one's faster, the other stronger. Macavity has been defying odds, but it seems that Luk has been leaving a killer trail behind him. My money is yet again on the Norse...

Makes you wonder, with 3 Nurgle and 1 Slaanesh team in the Semi's, odds are looking good for a Nurgle vs Nurgle final. Slaanesh might pull it through though.

Also, please start getting your teams ready for Season II!

Z
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that if my first 6 blocks break armour and take at least 4 of the Norse completely out of the game, I should be able to pull off a win. Otherwise..... Well, Nuffle has liked me before Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mutants and gentlemen, it is my honor to announce the finals of the First Season of the Rivalry of The Gods. It has been a long and hard journey, but here we are. I would like to thank every one of you that made this league work by sticking with it through thick and thin. Thank you for my first official League a success!

Now, to the finals. Before I make my predictions, let me go over a little bit of history of each team.

Blades of Slaanesh, coached by BB-Pad, have had a sterling season. Currently, they are 5-0-0, with a +7 TD difference, but no discernable carnage advantage.

The Blades first played against the Crushers from Putrid Wastes, whom they barely defeated 2-1, while walking away with a team mostly intact. The Nurgle Norsemen would rue this loss, and soon begrudge the Blades for their initial win.

Carrying on from that win, the Blades went up versus another Norse team, this one dedicated to the Blood God. However, Khorne's Militia were no match for the Blades who walked away with one less player on the field and their pride quashed after a 2-0 loss.

Their next opponents were the mutants of the Chaos team, Tzeentch's Harbringers of Change. The fury of the Slaaneshi Norse was immense as they struck down 3 of the armored brutes earlier on, and made them flee the city. A concession to the Blades! 2-1 and they were leading their group!

After a mixup in their schedule, they managed to get a bye versus the Flamers of Tzeentch in the KO's first stage. It seems that sabotage was at hand. Their next match was versus a heavily armored Tzeentchian Chaos Dwarf team, Here's Your Change, who buckled under a 4-2 loss and a 5-2 casualty difference! The Blades, still unbeaten, rose to the semifinals to meet another powerhouse.

Papa Nurgle's Pretty Boys was a Nurgle's Rotter team that was also unbeaten going into the semi-finals. A close and fan-interrupted match threw the game in the favor of the Blades as the poor Rotters could not fend off 46000 rampaging Slaaneshi fans!

Now they face their first opponent, the Crushers of Putrid Wastes in the finals!

The Crushers from Putrid Wastes have had a similarly good season, going 4-0-1, with a +9 TD difference as well as a +9 carnage difference. This team knows how to do it all.

The first game the Crushers played was the only game they lost, that being versus the Blades of Slaanesh. Swearing never to take another beating like that, they sacrificed many a soul to Nurgle as they started on to the next game.

The first to face the Crushers' wrath was the Tzeentchian Chaos team, Harbringers of Change. The Norsemen hammered the Chaos mutants, killing a minotaur and retiring a beastman via vicious fouls and dirty tricks, defeating them 2-0 and 4-2 cas wise. They continued onwards in their quest for revenge!

The next team to face them was Khorne's Militia, the Khornate Norse team, who gave them a run for their money, though the Crushers managed to pull through with a 3-2 win. The casualties were ugly, as yet again, they left a corpse in their wake, left for Nurgle to claim as his own.

In the KO round, they played against the new Tzeentch Chaos team, Everchanging Gods. Living up to their name, the Norse totally decimated the mutant's defenses and scored 4 times! Their casualties were lackluster, yet the 4-0 win was enough to give them a good boost towards the next games.

However, due to a scheduling conflict, they could not face the Tzeentchian Norse team, and advanced by a stroke of luck, being the name that was pulled out of the hat. Officials are looking into it to see if there was any underhandedness involved, though the Khornate Commissioner stayed impartial [this time].

In the semi-finals, they played That Fresh Feeling, and up and coming Rotter team that was defying all predictions. However, that gravy train stopped short as it slammed into the Crushers and bounced back. Leaving yet another corpse in their wake, the Crushers won convincingly with a 3-0 final score as the whistle was blown. They now advance to the finals to meet the team that caused them to go on a rampage, the Blades of Slaanesh.

FINALS: Blades of Slaanesh vs Crushers from Putrid Wastes
They are probably playing on Monday around 6-9 UK time... be there to watch it!

My predictions? It's going to be real close, with two decently matched teams. The Crushers have a handicap coming in for sure, and maybe a star to boot! Will Zara grace the field? Shall we see a wizard? All the stops will be pulled out for this one, ladies and gents... and I predict a victory for the Slaaneshi team, solely on the fact that it is slightly better developed and has a winning record and an excellent coach behind it, though the Crushers might just cause enough carnage to take it all away.

3-2 win for the Blades, with a 5-2 Cas advantage to the Crushers.

GOOD LUCK to both sides, and please be sure to tell us before you play!

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up Z but "excellent coach"?!! Shocked Have you seen my win %? Nuffle has been with the Blades the whole way in this tourney. I just hope he stays - for the final at least - we got some diseased norse to despatch back to some foul putrid wastes!! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Such modesty- does not befit Slaanesh... or does it?

Z
cyric612

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Slaanesh kidnapped nuffle and that's why your luck has changed Smile
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe I can just picture Nuffle chained up in a gimp suit with an orange ball in his mouth ala Pulp Fiction. Ahem Embarassed Aaaannnyway...

Z, are there any restrictions on new teams recruited into Season 2? Do they have to be TR100 or can they be veteran teams?

Pad

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

They can be veteran teams, as seen by the completed Khorne stable.

Z
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And we have a winnah! The Crushers managed to defeat the Blades to become the Champions of the Rivalry! Congratulations to Luk!

Now, for the second season! Submit your teams, PM the team captains. Check the group page for more details!

Z
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Right...the Sultans of Slaanesh are ready to battle in the Slaanesh stable. Looking forward to getting this going.

M
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 2 Round 1 Is Complete!

All 8 games were played with 4 days to spare! Good job guys! Now lets look at the break up.

Khorne vs Slaanesh: 26 - 22
The Khornate Stable managed to pull ahead of the much stronger Slaanesh stable, and only just barely. With the Stable TR Totals 504/469 [Khorne] to 566/563 [Slaanesh], it was wholly expected that Slaanesh would destroy the Khornate Stable. However, that was not the case. The efforts of AFK_Eagle's Khorne's Militia are to be lauded as they thrashed Uber's Satanic Scions of Slaanesh by 2 touchdowns and 4 casualties. This would make up for the horrendous beating that EvolveToAnarchism's Frenzied Fighting Philosophers received at the fists of MithrilPoint's Sultans of Slaanesh, losing by 1 touchdown and 3 casualties. Also, AlcingRagaholic's Dark Elves of For Khaine & Country! managed to hold the first Season's Runners-Up, BB-Pad's Blades of Slaanesh to a 1-1 tie, though receiving 4 casualties in return. Cyric612's Chaos Dwarves of Red Kross put away Trog's Slayers of Slaanesh Dark Elves to complete the win that the Khornate stable had.

Nurgle vs Tzeentch: 15 - 15
Talking about upsets, the Tzeentch stable managed to hang on for dear life and not get completely destroyed by the Powerhouse that is the Nurgle Stable. With Nurgle's TR/STR at 586/587, the lower Tzeentch Stable at 447/439 didn't look like it had much of a chance. Instead, the Changers managed to keep the Nurgle Hordes in check, matching them game for game. To be more precise, LurkingGrue's Here's Your Change managed to defeat the second best team in the League! The Rotters of Da_Todfatha's Papa Nurgle's Pretty Boys lost 1-0 against the puny Chaos Dwarves, causing the whole balance of power to shift. Luk's Crushers From Putrid Wastes, Champions of Season 1's Rivalry, unsurprisingly put away Paulhicks' Change Is Good. However, you cannot forget the valiant efforts of InkRose's Cherubs of Change and Sinner's Changelings, who's teams managed to draw the stronger Nurgle teams, Macavity's That Fresh Feeling and Tymless's Nurgle's Assistants respectively. This managed to keep Tzeentch strong in the League, and I'm sure that Nurgle will be awaiting for the rematch to cream the Tzeentchians.

Totals after Round 1:
Stable ------ Points ------ Touchdowns ------- Casualties ----- TR/ST
Khorne ----------26--------------6---------------------1/6/2 --------517/469
Slaanesh--------22--------------4---------------------4/4/4 --------585/553
Nurgle -----------15--------------4---------------------1/1/1---------604/601
Tzeentch--------15--------------3---------------------2/0/2---------486/456

Champions** of the Gods:
Khorne: Tolin, the Hobgoblin, from Red Kross [Cyric612] @ 20 Spps
Slaanesh: Sam de Sabre, the Blitzer, from Blades of Slaanesh [BB-Pad] @ 19 Spps
Nurgle: Arn af Arhem, the Blitzer, from Crushers From Putrid Wastes [Luk] @ 17 Spps
Tzeentch: Khaidu, the Hobgoblin, from Here's Your Change [LurkingGrue] @ 17 Spps

**In case of a tie, the Champ is chosen from the team with the most points in the Stable.

Round 2 is:
Khorne vs Tzeentch
Nurgle vs Slaanesh

Team Captains, you know what to do. We have until May 2nd to finish the Round 2 games. Please contact your opponent in a timely manner, and lets keep having fun!

Z
 Jump to: