42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So. I've never played a stunty game before, I only have one team, and can never find games, but I love playing with my nurglings in Unranked.
I was paying some attention to the "proto-elf" thread and the arguments about appropriate fluff, and it occured to me that if you made a team based on its fluff instead of fluff for a team you want, you could get a whacky, fun, fluffy team which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the point of Stunty Leeg? That night, I walked home from work (about 2 1/2 hours in -25 weather) and thought about everything I knew about the Warhammer World (mostly 6 years out of date, damn lizardmen), and in a flash of frozen neurons, it came to me.
WIZARDS!!!! According to BB lore, the colleges of Magic have always been fascinated with BloodBowl, but their involvement has been increasingly restricted..... Until now!!!
Since not a lot of Wizards are interested in physical exertion, and no league would allow a team of gigantic summoned monsters in, it was decided to apply to Stunty league, a couple of apprentice wizards would herd around a bunch of familiars (and maybe something bigger).
Ok, so I had a reason for a team, but what spun out probably will be impossible to implement:
(0-1)Elementals 3 5 1 9 Big Guy, Really Stupid, Always Hungry, TTM, Stand Firm Skills: S
(0-2)Apprentices 7 3 3 7 Pass, sure hands Skills: P G
OR
(0-2)Chaos Apprentices 6 3 3 8 Block Sklls: S G
(0-16)Familiars 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, and ONE of the Following (in my dream world assigned randomly) Jump-Up, Frenzy, Spikes, Extra long legs, Foul Appearance. Skills: Ph A

So there you have it, I'm assuming costs to be Troll, Human Thrower, and Goblin, but I'm not sure if there is a formula I should follow. Let me know, and Let me know if you like it and if there is any chance that the randomness or the choice of one type of apprentice could go through. Also re-roll costs.... I'm thinking pretty high, due to the potential of competent passers right off the bat.

Last edited by Macavity on %b %22, %2004 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds well thought out, but shouldn't u be posting this to the games workshop website to the game designers instead?

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Trif

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

it's a good idea, but needs better implementation. hopefully you can flesh out the mechanics a bit. i would say that you are unlikely to get 5 st3 and above players on one team though. and pass AND sure hands? to start with? AND general access? i'd say make them 6/2/3/7 stunty, right stuff, surehands P G

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Trif

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

and lordsnotball - stunty leeg isn't official, it's just on fumbbl

Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Trif wrote:
i would say that you are unlikely to get 5 st3 and above players on one team though. and pass AND sure hands? to start with? AND general access? P G

Well, It would only be 3 Players STR 3 and above, sorry if that wasn't clear. You would have to choose between the 2 types of apprentices. I don't know if I could handle reducing their stregth... Bad Fluff. Could take away sure hands I guess, but if they only have a one BIG Guy, and the familiars don't start with dodge, do you think it would be a big balancing issue? They are basically human throwers with +MA -AV

Keep criticizing
Trif

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ah. the OR. missed that =)

Carny

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they should be midget wizards, just because that's funnier

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

With big hats.
Because that's what really makes the wizard.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

cant really have mv 6 ag 3 non stunties since they will do all the passing and TDing that stunty wasnt made for. they are wizards after all, make em slower!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so we'll dial down the movement on both types of apprentices. I'm not too worried about them being noticeably better than the Stunties, I figure it will be a coaching style issue to not end up with all your TR/TS in one or two players But: Apprentice: 6 3 3 7
Chaos Apprentice: 5 3 3 8

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright after consulting Mr. Mojo, and based on the small amount of input I've gotten in general the new roster is as follows: (0-1)Elementals 3 5 1 9 Big Guy, Really Stupid, Always Hungry, TTM, Stand Firm Skills: S
(0-2)Apprentices 6 3 3 7 Sure hands Skills: P
(0-4)Armoured Familiars 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Spikes
(0-4)Chaos Familiars 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Frenzy
(0-4)Mutant Familiars 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance
(0-4)Stretchy Familiars 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Very Long legs
All Familiars retain (A,Ph) skills

Comments?

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2004 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity, brilliant idea Smile. Stunty Leeg is all about fun fluffy fun teams. And I believe a wizard based team is one of the few remaining parts of the Blood Bowl background that hasn't been thoroughly mined for the Stunty Leeg. You might want to check out this team I proposed a while ago: United Sorcerers' Familiars Legion. I'm satisfied with the base line player (the Imp). But I'm not really satisfied with the Big Guy/Big Guy Equivalent. I'd prefer a return to simpler rosters and I think Imps + Big Guy would be a FUN addition to the Leeg.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
U.S.F.L.

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo, do you like the idea of 'random' skills as opposed to the imps? I think it reflects the old scool minis really well.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a nice idea, but needs a little more work.

Just wondering, does Foul appearance affect TTM rolls?if so, if you had 4 FA guys it would stop flings in their tracks.

For me, the team looks like a more exciting goblin team, with physical access which might be a little too much IMHO. you only have one elemental tho. will need to test it perhaps.

As an idea you could have a bomber type guy in the roster as a 0-1 with some kind of magic exploding balls for a little more mayhem but it looks like a fun team to play! Almost as much as Chaos Halflings!!!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Rob. You might be right, FA might be too good a skill. Anyone know if it affects TTM?