36 coaches online • Server time: 13:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do I buy for my team?
Chaos Warrior: the Big Guys can wait...
62%
 62%  [ 32 ]
Troll: you do need that regenerate!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Minotaur: nothing better for fun and maiming your opponent
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
RR's: you never have enough of them!
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Something else: ???
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 51

Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time but never took the effort to post. So hello to all of you!

A question that has bothered me for some time is that everybody thinks chaos-teams are great and dangerous. Personally I don't feel like that at all. As a result I have never coached a chaos team up till now. I created a chaos team that started out with 3RR's high FF 10 bestmen and a CW. I've played a couple of matches and have to admit I do like coaching them.

The point is that I still do not feel very secure when not looking for reasonably "easy" opposing teams (something I do not feel with my other teams). This is caused by a lack of skills in my team (something typically chaos).

Can anybody give me some advice on developping my team? I would like to have an all-round team. Not only bashing but not only ball-handling either...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=133901
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

it all comes down to personal taste. but your right the lack of skills hurts so u need to be prepared for basicly any team... so u need to have BLOCK its a basic requirement for any team full stop!!!....without it bashy team will have a edge over you.... 2ndly u need to have some way to effectivly deal with elfs.... claw,RSC isnt the answer...tackle is the answer

now there are 2 definate sides to the CLAW,RSC issue.. personaly i dont like the skills i prefer better utility skills as i like to call them... claw,RCS only have 1 use... where as Standfirm FA,spikes(to keep em alive longer) ect ect have multiple uses but thants just me...

3rd point is a bonus is if u get a player that can handler the ball WELL, i mean has bighand,block,pass,agility those are the the skills that will really help ya team out, any for that matter...

but that just me and my pay style of chaos, they are GREAT long run team, but in the short term expect to stuggle hard...
heres my team
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=114068
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the swift reply Sparticus! I guess you are right about the block skill. I need to get it on all my players but I won't use it when I can get doubles or Stat increases.

I digress if it comes to claw/rsc. I want to have at least one of them. One reason is that I never had one before and the other is that I think it is a strong combination for taking out opponent players. I just do NOT want a whole roster full of them. One or maybe two will be enough.

My plans so far are:
* to give my +ST beast frenzy on a double and MB otherwise
* to give my +AG beast SF on a double (not sure what normal skill to take)
* To give some of my block beasts tackle and some guard
* To give my "thrower" big hand on a double and block on a normal skill
* To improve my C'W's with block, guard and injury stuff (MB, Claw, RSC)

Btw any comments on why I should take the mino?
MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, works well on a blitz.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Morbiddeath

thanks for the reply. I am planning to give frenzy to my +ST beast if possible and to another beast otherwise.

Can you explain why you would take the CW?
MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

AV9 - Harder to kill
ST4 - to start with.

Work with 2 of them too start with. Or 1 and a mino. You can build up from there. Too be honest though - easier with 2 ST4 CW as they are reliable and can use re-roll.

Start with 2 re-rolls and FF9. Nothing less. You will be without apoc 1st 1 or 2 games - so pray you get no injuries.
If you do buy an apoc it mean you will not have enough for 2 CW - or just 1 re-roll. I say take the risk of no apoc. If the team gets screwed you can still win that game - then start a new team until it works.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Morbideath thanks again. I already have a team though and played 7 matches so far. I will give you the link. Maybe you can give it a look and some comments?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=133901
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

A big tip. If you have a double on an AG4 dude pick NOS not big hand. You have the same difficulty and can pass the ball out later.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! With AG4/Big Hand you can pick up a ball in 3 tackle zones in pouring rain on a 2+, dodge out on a 2+ (may vary depending on situation) and make an easy pass. I love my AG4/Big hand/Sure hands beastman, he's deadly useful. Razz Got nothing against NOS, but Big Hand is extremely useful with +AG.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas my sure-hands/pass guy is not the same as my AG4 guy (unfortunately) but both are still rather usefull. Big Hand is really nice on the SH player because he needs a 3+ to pick up normally. And can pass wit a RR. My AG4 guy can than be a receiver...

More comments on my team and how to progress them are highly welcome!
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

and ude FORGET a big guy unless u REALLY REALLY want one casue they will mainly hamper your team with big guys loseing genral accsess they are next to useless.... ill only take one if i got enough RR's and no other players i wanna replace....just get ya chaso warriors, and have beastmen on pitch there more useful
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So far the Chaos Warrior lobby is the biggest.

Any ideas on the skills I need to take btw? Both for normals and doubles?
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

normals

i'd go block guard tackle

doubles......thats the fun bit with chaos =D. completely depends on how you want to develop your team
nickb2612

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:ChaosStrategy

Have a looksie at Coach Balrog's Guide to Chaos.

It should give you a fair idea skills wise.
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply.
The normals are as I thought I would do it. Even though one or two beasts may take Block, tackle, Mighty blow before guard... (to get rid of those cathcer-types).

On doubles I'm quite clueless... Too many choices. Can anybody explain why Foul Appearance seems to be such a popular choice?
 Jump to: