43 coaches online • Server time: 14:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about ageing
Absolutely HATE it! Let's get rid of it...
48%
 48%  [ 116 ]
Keep it. It keeps the ballance right...
47%
 47%  [ 114 ]
I don't know/care
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 239

Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I really love FUMBBL and all of the rules are so much better than when I started playing blood bowl in real life. There is just one rule I really, really hate: ageing.

How do you guys think about it and is there any way to get rid of it?
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Play Division X, there is no ageing.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I never used to mind ageing......but that is cos i was very very lucky with my ageing rolls.....lately It has been making up for it harshly........GRRRR
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i dislike ageing its way too random.... and i dunt think aging should come into it untill 31spp's and above anyways
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah....slightly gutting when your new shiny wardancer plays 1 game....levels up......and then ages.

Start saving all over again
nickb2612

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My problem with ageing lies (mainly) with fluff.

It is supposed to represent older, seasoned players getting towards the end of their career and their many blood bowl related injuries catching up with them. When you buy a brand new player and they age after their first game I don't feel that is a realistic representation!

Also it's f***ing annoying!! Very Happy
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Next time i hire a player I am giving them an all over wrinkle inspection......just to be on the safe side......not cos i'll enjoy it

no really
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I think it's annoying as well. It would be better if ageing starts at higher levels (with the small chances you have now) and would depend on previous injuries...

51+ ageing on a roll of 2 etc

Modifiers: every injury is +1 to the ageing roll. Something like that would be more reasonable.
Vero

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hate it, so I love divx. Smile
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think only from third (31) or fourth (51) skill a player should be able to age, it's not even very logically that a player who was just hired ages because he had too many sports...So I am not against ageing, I voted the balancing thing, but it should be changed to at least 31 for first ageing, on double 1. This way you'd be getting a legend more easily too.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah play div x (good joke isn't it?).

Anyway I think that ageing should add a dead roll in his table. He has taken too many drugs and so and since science isn't that great, they can't handle it right and the players die.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mutescreamer wrote:
yeah....slightly gutting when your new shiny wardancer plays 1 game....levels up......and then ages.

Start saving all over again

Have to agree... If a skellie ages after 6SP then u can easily ditch him and buy a new one... But a Bull Centaur, Wardancer, Mummy or Big guy... that's when u get really pissed off!...

Low AV teams especially aging is annoying... you do your best to keep them out of harms way, only for the damn dice to inflict that niggle on you instead!... bah!
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m a bit torn on the issue of ageing.

On one hand it prevents the really hard, i.e. high rating, teams of going over the top completely.
But
On the other hand it can occure to early, as already pointed out above, and can really devaste an up-and-coming team.
There´s already amble posibility to die on the AstroGranite as it is, especially with the fouling trend gaining ground (but that´s a completely other topc, and one I don´t wont to get into), without players getting NI from getting SPP´s.
I might be a bit of a perfectionist, but I love watching a team grow and players develop and are prone to releasing players suffering from a NI (bit like the Majors eehhh with all that "Lack of skill" B*******). Because they´re unreliable but still adds to your rating.

One extreme approach to this could be to skip on the skills when your players reach higher levels, but that would simply be out of character and very very dull...everyone wants the skills right???

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What i'd realy like to see changed is that you could only age from the third (or even the second) skill on.
Ageing on the first skill is one of the lousiest things that can happen and it's just not logical to me also.
I mean ageing is getting old, you can get the first skill in one game, 1 skill is not getting old.
Ah i just hate it i guess Smile

Also, play more Divx people
kombat

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i think removing the ageing roll on 6 spp and 16 spss would be fair just to get rid of those early agenings and then start at 31 spp and roll as normal i think that would be the most balanced way to go
 Jump to: