67 coaches online • Server time: 20:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about ageing
Absolutely HATE it! Let's get rid of it...
48%
 48%  [ 116 ]
Keep it. It keeps the ballance right...
47%
 47%  [ 114 ]
I don't know/care
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 239

Crunch

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. After having my newly +ST blitzer age after one game soured me on aging quite quickly. Keeping it is fine, just push it back to the third skill or so.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Let's get rid of randomness completely. That would make it a much better game. Dice? who needs em anyway. Bunch of silly stuff.

Here's a concept - don't score all your TDs with one player (or all cas etc.). Earth shattering I know! (it's so not fair how my one turner and claw, rsc blitzrt aged like that. So lame afterall! They'd only played 30 games.)

And don't give me those stories about the 6spp player. It only seems common due to the number of teams and games you all play. How often does this really happen? I'm sure some pencil neck has the numbers worked out for odds on aging. Aging usually nails the players it should be nailing.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Before I say anything else, I will have it noted that I am for aging. I would like to see it start one skill later, but I am still satisfied with the way it is right now.

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Here's a concept - don't score all your TDs with one player (or all cas etc.). Earth shattering I know! (it's so not fair how my one turner and claw, rsc blitzrt aged like that. So lame afterall! They'd only played 30 games.)

I did this with my DEs, giving many players SPP, and it was awesome for many matches. Then I ran in to a streak of bad luck while playing others, and received no less than 4 RIPs (non-apo'd) and 5 niggles in 4 games, plus several players aged during this time because they reaches 31 or 51 and failed their aging rolls Shocked

As good as the plan is to spread the SPP out, it can still backfire Laughing I can laugh at it now, but I cried myself to sleep for a week.* I do agree with you, though, that only very few players should reach 176 SPP, and even fever unharmed.

*I did no really do this, this comment was to emphasize a point Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know why people still are discussing this when I already have posted the best solution in my first reply.

Solution: remove aging and increase the chance of getting permanent injuries from casulties.

There isnt much more to add... someone should forward it to games workshop though.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh bunny, lets celebrate randomness for the sake of it. when i lose 3 BOBs, 1 Thrower and 1 Blitzer to aging and eventually retire an otherwise rather successful team at TR 160 i dont think that it really serves its purpose. but then probably the problem with randomness is that it will only serve its purpose once in a while. great actually.

Last edited by Kommando on %b %30, %2004 - %04:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
gken1

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah increase chances of injury so elf and av7 teams lose more players....yet the av9 teams stay healthy.....that sounds like a plan..

The only time Orcs or Dwarves ever get hurt is when the apoth fails.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I only wish that was true..

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Make it games played based and have the players have a bigger risk of loosing stats rather than getting nigs. Also give the same risk of getting a stat decrease in every roll, but change the frequency of the roll eg.
after 30 games, 55 games, 75 games (you get the picture).
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricktickler wrote:
I dont know why people still are discussing this when I already have posted the best solution in my first reply.

Solution: remove aging and increase the chance of getting permanent injuries from casulties.

There isnt much more to add... someone should forward it to games workshop though.

I think the reason people ignored this was because it was a s$%t idea

I wouldnt mind the ageing after every 10 games idea makes more sense to me but ageing is a nessasary evil to keep the game fun - important to rember in ranked you can always get a new team , I think ive aged twice on 6spps , which is fine . Sure it sucks when it happens but thats life , get on with it and replace the guy or keep him on which ever

Stat decreases are worse than niggles, when my ogre (not grand)with block , pro and guard got a strength loss it really SUCKED and i would of prefered a niggle .
Ash

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed, was a lazy idea...
and the end of elf linemen Very Happy
i don t care a lot about ageing cause i like playing between 170-230... with a nice FF you can easily replace your 80-100K player when they aged to many time and your linemen aged really rarely cause they got at best the 31 spps roll...

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Aging per game is a crap idea. Why would my back up lineman who only plays the last 1/4 of the game (my DP got tossed) age as quickly as your blodgy all 16 turn 4TDs a game wardancer. Its not how many games you have on the pitch, it is what you do while you are on it (the things that holy crap! generate spps!).

It works the same way in real football... running back have the shortest careers, then wide receivers, y'know the people who score with the ball. Why? because they get hit, bumped and tripped all the time on every play.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So my frontline linemen who routinely stand in the middle of the pitch getting the smeg beaten out of them but hardly ever pick up spps are less likely to suffer long term than a catcher whos job it is is to run into the gap , catch the ball and score . This could bounce round but generally the more games you play the older you are thus the more likely you are to age . Scoring touchdowns doesnt get you grey hairs .

I admit that sitting on the side lines wont get you experience but it wont stop the passage of time .

Last edited by nazerdemus on %b %30, %2004 - %13:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Flix

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Aging ist perfect but teams need to get more money , because if you got a team with high TR you got many players with much SPP and this players age more often but you wont get the money to replace them. i think that is a problem a Rules Review hd to deal with as soon as posible.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they have slightly headed this way with the rule of 6 and 1 being removed from fan factor , now teams that win will survive and teams that lose will fade from view .
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't play Blood bowl again as long as so-called "ageing" (which it has actually nothing to do with) remains a part of the game. It's simply too lame.
 Jump to: