41 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Keep ageing as it is or change it slightly?
Leave it as it is.
34%
 34%  [ 35 ]
start ageing at 31SPP's (with an ageing efffect on a 1,1 roll)
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 102

Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This topic is a reaction to the "do you hate ageing" topic. In this poll I would like to see how many people think starting ageing at 31SPP's (with an ageing efffect on a 1,1) is an improvement of the current situation. Therefore I will only give two possibilities.
1. Leave it as it is.
2. Change ageing so that it only starts at 31 SPP's
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed but it should be a 4+ roll and carry on from there.... rookies ageing is stupid
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Start ageing at 31 spp's but as it is now at 31 spp's on the roll of 4+.
Only real difference is that rookies do not age.
Which they shouldn't anyway.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

agree with Sparticus and Jinxed
Prez

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

A compromise.

Start the Aging process at 16 ssp on a 2+. That way new Rookies get a skill up with no Aging worries, but are then susceptible from the second skill up to the dreaded Aging curse!

Even the most young talented players can be crocked early in their careers due to a bad injury, only to play Sunday League Football there after.

But then this is Blood Bowl, or at least is was it's becoming so Politically Correct now due to whingers that perhaps we should just make it a non contact sport!

Mr P
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

what is the main goal in this thread?

R rules follows LRB rules so why is so much efforts put in changing it.

Remember, tabletop rules are your rules. Change them as you want Razz . That was not what was meant? Smile ok ok I see.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2004 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quality poll options.

Just wait. Two more years and hopefully aging is gone.

Just be patient.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think the best option is to age on a "games played" basis, but if we're just talking about the current system, I agree with the idea of just skipping the aging roll at 6 SPP and letting everything else be. IRL, talented players injure themselves and have to retire or change positions to compensate for their injuries all the time, and for some of these players it happens early in their careers. In baseball, an outfielder who injures his shoulder becomes a first baseman; in soccer a defensive midfielder who tweaks his knee and slows down becomes a defender. It happens.
Revener

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

why 31spp, I could live with it if it start at 16. It is aging on the first skillroll that is really annyoing.
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Inq: if i'm still playing fumbbl this much in 2 years time im in serious trouble Smile

Ageing at 31 on a 4+, every time..

I mean just look at my god forsaken woodies. i think 2 of those injuries were made on the pitch ( out of about 11). It makes BB a chore at high tr (though at least now the auto ff down on a 1 rule is gone so we might be able to win some money from games)

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough* Vault *cough*

No matter how many people vote for what, not going to make a difference anywhere... Not here and not with Jervis & Co.

Oh yes, and aging from 16 spps, at 3+. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The best option is to play the Vault rules. Aging has been done away with and has been replaced by the most elegant and even way, inducements and team cap.

If you have not read them yet, check them out, we have played 70 games so far and it is a major improvement.
emil_frojd

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried to look in the Vault for the new ageing but coulenĀ“t fint them. What are they? Can anyone explain them to me. or give me a direct link where they are not to the vault homepage but to the actual piece where I find it?

/Emil

-Long Live King Arthur

http://www.brokenarmour.com
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the point - no more aging in the Vault rules... It's just gone. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Im sure we all agree that this game is supposed to be just for fun ? Very Happy
So why o why differ more that absolutly necessary from the tabletop game. I belive aging was introduced to limit TR through a somewhat realistic process of having to fire old players as they become older (and there by weaker). The problem in this version of the game is not the aging process but coaches blatant refusal to actually change players. Those woodies ... 11 injs and still fielding the same players. DAMMIT fire the silly buggers and try again!
This problem is only there because fumbbl teams tend to play a LOT more games than table top teams. I dont belive i've ever seen a tabletop team actually reach the century mark, they've usually been ground to pieces LONG before that Wink.

Conclusion being, LRB says it must be so - so leave at as it is, or start the discussion on the official BB forum Smile
 Jump to: