56 coaches online • Server time: 22:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the confrences are only there to weed out all the non hackers to dont deserve to serve in the premier Smile soz love my Full metal jacket...

serously the confrences are THERE to sort out and have the BEST coatches and teams IN the Premier league, so if your in the premier your team wouldnt lower it self to play a confrence team, hence onlp premier teams can play other premier teams in the chunkathon (but i dunt like it opens up to team destruction, im preperation for the season to come...) and in the confrences the teams that are in them can have chunkathon and then have a head start on eachother to mabey try and have a better chance next season, but if they make it to premier then they cannot take part within the chunkathon....

now you say tyr and get completions for LB's BO's ect ect.... dunt u think we do try... but picking up the ball on a 4+, then passing 4+ then a catch on a 3+... ther not exactly garrentteed, wheer u can do it with a runner and get your runner or thower closer to theer next skill and line the Longbeard\blackorc\Saurus in the front line and have a go at a block, stastisticly its better odds for ya, and better for your team....

and as for only challanging other bashy teams... mate if its above 220tr i challange it, i dunt care what it is...
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Chunkathon's working fine... All the Dorfs who can't get games are around 220 TR..

My elves (who now can't get a game except against Dorfs) are TR 233..

there's not such a huge discrepancy as many are making out. Sure I played a couple of easier games to jump from 180 to about 210, but isn't that what Chunkathon is for? To bridge the gap between the TR 180 Qpoolers and the 200-210 average in the conferences?

Last couple of games haven't been easy ones.. playing up to lizards and woodies..
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparticus wrote:

now you say tyr and get completions for LB's BO's ect ect.... dunt u think we do try... but picking up the ball on a 4+, then passing 4+ then a catch on a 3+... ther not exactly garrentteed, wheer u can do it with a runner and get your runner or thower closer to theer next skill and line the Longbeard\blackorc\Saurus in the front line and have a go at a block, stastisticly its better odds for ya, and better for your team....

50% and then 50%... and then 66% ... so what's that.. about 17%??

That's without using a reroll..
I think you'll find that's better than the odds of scoring a casualty with a no skills LB/BoB/etc.. (Say 8's for armour, no blodge on the opposition)

50% to knock em down with 1 dice.. 9's on 2d6, about 28%... and 10's for casualty.. 18%... grand total of 2.3%!!

So you're a lil over 7 times more likely to succeed at that completion than the casualty.

Even if you up the ante to 75% chance of a knockdown (And let's face it, it's not.. because the ST 4 guys don't get Block and the Block guys are all ST 3) it's still a massive difference.

Better for your team.. well.. might be, maybe. But from a purely developmental point of view, it's faster and easier to pick up the ball and throw those passes. 6 of them in the probability you'll get that first cas..

even I know it doesn't work that way, but every bit helps.

Wink Don't go to stats as a defence unless you've checked them,
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My two lizard teams have played 7 games and scored 12 touchdowns between them in the chunkathon. Of those 12 touchdowns, 12 have been scored by saurus. They also have 13 casualties, 5 of those in one game against halflings when I still only had 10 lizards. So it is quite possible to get more spp via the td route than hurting stuff, even on ag 1.
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

look smed u can write up the nice numbers and talk about it how ever you want, but plain and SIMPLE fact is its safer to make 1 dice roll rather then 3.... all of which if 1 fails the entire action fails and it ends your turn, but if u just get a push, or you dount manage to get the cas, thn you have the rest of your team to do....u keep passing with ya Longbeards, im sure they will get there 1 day, me ill keep blocking linefood....simple risk vs reward..... and its not worth it...

faulcon im not disputing weather u can score with he players ive mentioned, but getting the games in the first place is what im talking about....
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive gotten games with both my Beasts and my Humies.

My Beasts have had a great time stoushing it with Dwarves, wacking bearded stunties and running the ball and generally having a great old time. Got 80k and some skills out of it so far in two games so not too unhappy there. A win and a loss.

My Humies have had three games, Skaven, Chaos and Darkies. Ive been outcased by all three and won one game, against the darkies, because of the absolutely crazy dice we were having. Whilst its been alright team development wise, i gotta say playing a TR'd up Skaven team which has gone the mutation means mutilation route is the biggest mistake i have ever made in picking games. The Chaos game was fun, i still lost but it was a hell of a tussle. The Darkies games was just strange, we had so many turn overs to rerolled ones and dbl skulls on both sides it was just silly, still pulled a win, but i got so many BH against it was not funny.

So far , playing a "bashy" team and a "non-bashy" team ive seen both sides. personally im of the opinion that its worth it, just gotta hope not to court Nuffle's Disfavour and have several players die. Would really like to get some elf gsames in with the beasts as traditionally i do very poorly against elves and would like to practice against them to see if i can figure out how to beat em, but ah well, ag4 mv 8 dwarves will just have to do as substitute eh?

Just one coaches experience so far.

BTW: Im open to challenges from any elfy team against the Beasts, any higher TR elves. Except Barry's Angels. Near equal Dwarves who are finding themselves game challenged are welcome to ask me for a game too. I just flat out will not play Khemri though unless i meet you in the conferences. Hate them darn things.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a little respond to Smeds beautiful post last page.

Quote:
So to all the whining Dorf and Borc coaches, shove that where the sun doesn't shine.

All the? you mean the 1 person I have heard whine?, why not just bag the other 20 coaches with bashy teams in there cos you can.

Quote:
Retire your stupidly old teams and get a fresh start..
"Oh, but I put in lots of work on that team to get them there"
Cry me a river

Retire a team with a 6 season history, a horde of trophies and titles and tons of twahnlows? no thanks, maybe if you had a team that made it that far, and had that kind of winning record you would understand.

Quote:
Because you're mindless twits who can't play any other style of bloodbowl.

This makes me laugh. All this does is show your complete lack of intelligence for making such an enormous assumption.

Quote:
Well I'll play you when I have to, and not before then.
And meantime you just sit down and shut the hell up.

When I asked you for a game with your 20points larger than my team Orcs, you said no, I said, fine thats cool, its Chunkathon, you choose your games. Where is all this coming from dude?.

Quote:
Frankly it disgusts me that coaches are complaining people won't play them
Seriously dude, apart from Sparticus post earlier, I haven't seen one single other coach complaining, you are seriously getting your knickers twisted for no reason.

Quote:
I think the Chunkathon's working fine... All the Dorfs who can't get games are around 220 TR

It is working fine, I really enjoy the Chunkathon, I think its a great idea and its doing wonders for me. But i'm amazed that 1 dwarven coach could make a post, and now all the dwarven/orc/bashy teams are getting lumped together and flamed. FFS, I said nothing, I posted nothing, I didn't whinge, I didn't complain about not getting games (as I have already had 3), and when turned down for a game, i'm quite understanding. So basically Uncle_Smed, if your gonna go around and say all this stuff without any sort of proof or verification, all you are trying to do is stir up shit.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta remember though JK, you got the nice Claw and DP-less version of Bash D, not exactly a hugely bashy side in those parameters. Miyu is the one that copped the full version, and it was very nasty indeed.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Deaths is Harsh, But it's all good. Poor gumbi Died, as Did Neverborn. Now i can play against the Weaker Teams Very Happy

Brad
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW folks, I've got one of the bashier teams in the league atm, and I'm not having a huge amount of trouble getting games in. For the most part, I've just played nice - partly because it helps get further games, and partly because it helps achieve my objective in these games - which is to get some skills on my rookie players so I have some more depth come Premier. The only bashy game I had was against Miyu's humans, and I offered to use the nice version of Bash D as I had been doing. Miyuso decided against it, and I was a ruthless bastard - just as much to protect my precious playing resources as anything else.

I dare say unless one of the other sides gets knocked around a lot, I'll still be the smallest TR side in Premier, but then we were close to that last season (with the exception of Form Guide) and came through OK.

I reckon Chunkathon is doing its job. I've played the more vulnerable teams in the majority of my SWL, and I do think they need something to help them out. Teams who use the Chunkathon wisely may find it helps them out.

Remember, the main idea of Chunkathon though is simply as a rest from the week in week out grind which was gradually eroding the player base of our league. I reckon people should consider themselves lucky that they have an option to get some games in in this time period.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting theroy, chunky one ive nvr thought off... sposes ill ask but i fear the answer... am i a prick to play against????if yes supply reason....
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course you are - reason is I just like stirring you Smile

Seriously though, I've been one of the most destructive coaches in this thing in terms of hurting star players, which is probably why I've never gotten a player over 50 spp, I spread my spp's out as well as I can so that if I do lose players, I have other who can take their place. I-House was often mauled, but was usually able to bounce back pretty quickly because of this. The downside is you tend to lack those absolutely special players that can turn a game on its ear in a single turn.

What am I rambling on about and what is my point? Damn good question that Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely Special Players don't mean much when they have an off Game. When you have a Cas getting Monster Minotaur that can't seem to stun an Elf, or a Catcher that fails more dodges than it makes. I-House was cool, spreading it round at least some players is a good idea. Just look at my Trashies! I've got maybe 6 players that are above 40 spps, and only one of them has hit 51 yet.

Katherine
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

SEASON 9 INFO

Important Dates:

25 March - New teams for QPool can be submitted to the SWL Page (see below)

1 April - CHUNKATHON ENDS and team nomination concludes.

4 April (approx) - Season 9 Starts

What Do You Need To Do:
1. Start considering what team you want in the Conf/Regional Structure. One of your two Chunk teams needs to be nominated for the SWL Season 9. Nominate which team you want in to the Conf/Reg setup by emailing us admins at swladmin@hotmail.com

2. Teams will be sorted into 2 Conferences of 8 and 2 Regional Leagues of 8. The way the seeding works is as follows. 2nd and 3rd place teams from Season 8 will be guarenteed* a Conference spot. Teams placed 7th and 8th from Season 9 will be guarenteed a Regional spot.

The teams placed 4-6 will be sorted on TR/TS from the time of the end of Season 8 (I have all the stats on spreadsheet). The better rated teams will be sent to Conference, the lower ranked ones will be sent to Regional.

Teams from QPool will be invited up if their coach has shown a decent amount of committment and has a decentish TR. They will go into the Regional League.

* Once all teams are sorted, we will look at the TR/TS mix as a result of the Chunkathon. A view will be taken based on this plus a coaches committment (or lack thereof) and racial balances and all other pertinant factors and we will shift teams up or down to ensure that the Conferences are generally stronger than the Regionals. This does not mean that blindly playing of a thousand Chunkathon games will get you in, but we wont be stacking a TR300 team in the Regionals. Decision of the Admins will be final.

In addition, any team that feels too weak for Conf play may volunteer to be considered for relegation to Regional. Let us know if you feel strongly one way or the other.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick note re the Hall of Fame.

Now picks up the status (active, retired or dead) of your players (assuming you can spell their names correctly!) automatically. No maintenence needed after the initial entry to the database!

Cheers,
Snorri.
 Jump to: