24 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Snotling balancing
Drop one pump wagon
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Drop one pump wagon and add doom diver catapult to roster
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Drop general access from snotling trolls
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Drop spore flingers
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Drop spore flingers AND pump wagon
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Drop pump wagon ma to 4
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
More than one of the above
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Something else
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
I dont care, I just want to see poll results
22%
 22%  [ 17 ]
Drop Mighty Blow from Pump Wagons
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 75

peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This one is goin to be tricky one. First of all, snotlings are pretty much overbalanced bashers with devastating power of 3 trolls and 2 pump wagons. The hard part is that it makes them unique, it is the snotling way.

The poll has just some ideas, some are pretty wild ones and hopefully they will bring more ideas on the thread.

Disclaimer: this is poll to get people think and maybe come up with even some new ideas. This is like all stunty polls just place to get voices heard, it is not said that whichever opinion wins this vote will happen.

Last edited by peikko on Jan 18, 2005 - 09:18; edited 2 times in total
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A few more tweaks that I think are worth considering:
  • Drop Mighty Blow From the Pump Wagon: This could tone down their viciousness some.
  • Drop Pump Wagon MA down to 5: I'd rather see M5 than M4. M4 makes them Fanatics Sad
  • Make Snotlings M5: They have a bad W/L record and I believe M5 should help address the other side of the Snotling balancing equation.

A few points:
  • Doom Divers are a Goblin invention. They should never be added to the snotlings. Goblin Cheaters perhaps, but never Snotlings.
  • I'd love to see Spore Flingers dropped. They were a bit of an eager kludgy addition when Secret Weapons were added. I think other new rosters could better use this schtick (Clan Eshin?).
  • Spore Flingers could be altered to address the scorign deficit. Some passing skills seems to fit quite well. Flinging spores and balls are pretty similar Wink
  • Pump Wagons should be the focus of the team. IMHO that's what makes them so fun to play. Anything that dimishes their role would be a bad move.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Sorcerers' Familiars

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

• Drop Mighty Blow From the Pump Wagon: This could tone down their viciousness some.

That sounds like a good start
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Added option to vote for MB removal on pumps
Lamel

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm ive played snots a couple of games and i can honest say that its a very fun to play, however i faced an ogre team who did around 10 cas or more and i did none so. It works both ways imo. Just about every time the ogreplayer made a block he made a cas.
Bruno

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm Lamel, its not like stunty teams are ballanced to face regular teams Smile
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Lamel wrote:
however i faced an ogre team

This is Stunty Leeg forum and Stunty Leeg poll Smile There is no ogre team in Stunty Leeg, nor are we trying to "balance" stunty teams to face lrb teams
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i voted for the doom diver option

which is kinda silly of me cos i still think they will be way overpowered.....but i just like the idea of a doom diver on the roster

Razz
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny how the most overpowered bashing team gets such a great star player isnt it? Snots get a goblin catapult while the gobbo cheaters get an ag2 chainsaw heh...

Id ask for:
1. Remove MB from the pumps.
2. Replace spore flingers with a faster snot positional.
3. Snots lose thick skull.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

nah. absolutely not. there is not need the change the common snotling and i don't think (apart from the ma) the balancing would need to deal with the snots at all. my problem is that with a bit of luck the opp can keep his pump wagons for a while, and playing against 5 Str 5/6 guys simply doesn't feel very stunty to me.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I reackon removing two heads from snotlings would be a good start. They're far better than they should be.

Failing that the passing sporeflinger idea is a winner (as long as they have accurate, or access to it).

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What's next? Rolling Eyes
Giving a Halfling Hot Pot to the Nurglings?
Giving a Snotling Pump Wagon to the Fairies?
Giving a Goblin Doom Diver Catapult to Snotlings?

I could understand adding a Doom Diver Catapult to Goblin Cheaters as they could use a bit of a boost and don't already have 3 players who can TTM. But Snotlings???

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Goblin Doom Diver

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on Dec 31, 2004 - 11:18; edited 1 time in total
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually as an ignorant non [s] playing person giving doom diver pults to cheaters sounds like a good idea.

Of course, if they (trolls) were to lose G access, all the big guy dependant teams would become a bit less destructive (this may have happened, I havn't been paying attention to stunty in the last month or so).

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, for some um reason G access was not um removed. would have been a bit too elegant too.
olivers

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2004 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think pump wagons should be removed from the snot roster completely but leave the spore flingers.
 Jump to: