60 coaches online • Server time: 15:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have compiled a sound pack of PacMan and MsPacMan sounds to add a bit of "old school" arcade noise to the Blood Bowl pitch Wink Now you can move to the classic "wokka wokka" dot eating sound! (your choice of single "wokka" or double "wokka") Hear either of their classic start songs at kick-off, RIPs are now the meltdown death song of PacMan, BH and SI feature the death tune of MsPacMan, pick up the ball as if it were bonus fruits, hear the "extra man dings" when you score a TD, catchs are the ghosteaten sound...and a few extras thrown in for good measure.

But here's the thing...I have nowhere to host the file so I can link it to the download section here. If anyone can help me bring this little labour of love to the fumbbl community please let me know!

The zip file is 309KB

Cheers!

Last edited by ozjesting on %b %06, %2005 - %09:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer your standard model "wokka"

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe crazy

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Or...if you know a way I CAN host it myself somehow...tell me how to do that and I will try to make it happen.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Send me a .zipped file with all the sounds (and a brief readme with credits, if you so desire) in an email and I'll host it up.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

neet indeed!

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks BadMrMojo...but another fella has helped me out. I sadly zipped in a few false starts so now that I have fixed them and re-sent the file he should have it by tomorrow or so, and I can list it through the download area here. But not knowing about such things...should/could two people have it archieved and available? plus...how do i send it to you?

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Putting the same file up in a bunch of different places is called a mirror. Just like SkiJunkie has the client download pages on the GeoCitiies, FUMBBL and the Mediaone sites. It is a good idea in case of a problem with one or more of the servers - as you'll know if you've ever tried to get a patch and gotten GeoCities' "Bandwidth Exceeded" message.

As far as how to send it to me, you can just use the email link that is right below this message. (profile | pm | email | www | aim)

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

lol...so THATS what those buttons do...you get so used to seeing them that they just disappear Wink OK..so let's say both you and Feuerschwarm have this zip file on your site. When I fill in the "add download" form in the DL area...which link do I put in the url space? and how do the two connect? or am i over thinking it? Anyway..i am emailing you the zip right after i submit this Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's ON!!! The PacMan sound pack is now available in the Sound Department Get yourself over and get in on the fun!
Many thanks to Feuerschwarm and BadMrMojo for helping me out. Now go eat some dots!

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

lol so great an idea Smile i'm trying it at once !

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like ozjesting forgot to update the thread. He's got an icon/image pack (131k .zip file) available as well. It replaces the icons for the ref, the apothecary, the field, and a couple of other items.

Call it silly if you like but I can't help but admire his slavish devotion to a little circle that likes to eat other little circles. It's strangely reassuring in an otherwise insane world.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i have grown with this game and this idea is really good. Moving players will be less boring now Very Happy
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't forget...just didn't think it would go up on the board so fast! But BadMrMojo is right...the complete theme is done! Get yourself over to the Sound Dept to bring the noise and than complete the fun with the Graphic package. The set includes Pac and MsPac for your heads and tails, Blinky as your wizard, Cherry bonus as your apoth, a VERY cool 3D Pac for your IGMYOY and a couple of other little extras. And for the hardcore there is even a PacMan field! (although it does have it's limitations)
Enjoy!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What is this?! My section is being cramped by odd, demonic letters!

Quit buzzing the letters around my office of I will get THE big swatter and a fireplace in here.

Also, for all the elves out there:

Keep sending me all those leaflets and leaf-letters! My compost is doing great. Your words have not gone to waste, except in case of ink that kills my compost.
 Jump to: