51 coaches online • Server time: 15:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hitting the Cycle: A Larson or a Thundercall?
Larson
69%
 69%  [ 261 ]
Thundercall
26%
 26%  [ 101 ]
Other name, please post it
3%
 3%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 376

Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

"...at least Larson had to make an effort, being a simple lineman, unlike that doped-up, over-rated Thundercall wardancer..."

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Larson for historical purposes. I think it makes for a nice little bit of history. Thundercall should get a sidebar on the Larson page, however.

Did you know that George Washington wasn't actually the first President of the U.S.? John Hanson (and 6 others!) was unanimously elected (by the exsting congress, including George Washington) for the position in 1781 under the Articles of Confederation. George Washington was "only" the first President under the Constitution.

Washington = Larson
Hanson = Thundercall

Simple enough.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Splutticus wrote:
Hhhhmmmm the nazerdemus campaign seems to be getting some results ...

I do think though that he should have had the common decency to mention that he is the President of the "Kelthanus Thundercall"-fanclub.

But its swung again , I think the fact that Thundercall was a Wardancer will not be in his favor .....Im independant here and believing in equal rights for all little imaginery people
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
I voted Larson for historical purposes. I think it makes for a nice little bit of history. Thundercall should get a sidebar on the Larson page, however.

Did you know that George Washington wasn't actually the first President of the U.S.? John Hanson (and 6 others!) was unanimously elected (by the exsting congress, including George Washington) for the position in 1781 under the Articles of Confederation. George Washington was "only" the first President under the Constitution.

Washington = Larson
Hanson = Thundercall

Simple enough.

I do like the historical fluff that it creates , and i can imagine an old world Pub quiz with a devious question .....

However a still feel that it is unfair on Thundercall to be robbed of his place in the hall of fame and the annals of fumbbl history and feel like although it would be nice ...

Also as a matter of intrest their seems to be historical evidence that the true King of England lives in New Zealand and is a farmer .
screech

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As anyone who can tell a good story knows, it's not so much that you have the facts straight, but rather what facts would make a better story. Which sounds better, pulling a perfect Larson, or pulling a perfect thundercall? Larson just sounds more eloquent and rolls off the tongue, while thundercall sounds like a Micheal Bolton record playing through a clock-radio while underwater. So to all the Elisha Grays of the world, I vote for Larson.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, Larson it should be...1. because it sounds better, 2. to slight Wardancers everywhere, 3. people aren't going to switch what they call it now. A Larson is a Larson, and that's that. I don't think getting more than 1 of either of them should negate it. Thundercall just did it BETTER than Larson. A Triple Double is still a Triple Double if you score more than 10 of each (points, assists, rebounds, and/or blocks), and in baseball if you hit for the cycle then hit another homer it doesn't take away the fact he Cycled it. BUt the common opinion is that it's a Larson, so go with it.

Is there actually a LIST of players that have Larson'ed? If not it might be a good idea to compile one. THAT is history!

I've had guys come 1 cas. short, as I'm sure a thousand people have come up 1 category short. (The Int. being the hardest, of course.) What exactly is a Half-Larson or Mini-Larson again??
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a list its in the Encyclopedia Splutanicus , excellent publication ,

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3165&start=285
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SixFootDwarf wrote:
Nah, Larson it should be...1. because it sounds better,

Umm George W.Bush good name "Georgeee ..Dubblya Bush "

John Kerry ...."ain't Kerry a girls name"

Although my case is correct that it should be a thundercall .....the name ....ummm....

Aesthetics at its lowest point ..sob...
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think that naming it Larson, will stimulate coaches to dedicate some time to giving decent names to their players Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Splutticus wrote:
I also think that naming it Larson, will stimulate coaches to dedicate some time to giving decent names to their players Wink

That was just lucky if his linemen called Leslie had started the game in the spot where larson started , doing a " Leslie " or a "Toni" or a "Charlie "

Nought wrong with Thundercall either
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

On a bit of a sidenote, is there such thing as a "Gordie Howe" Larson?? hahahaha You know a Gordie Howe Hat-trick is a goal, an assist, and a fight (which is kind of easy)....

The reason I ask is that I just had a Amazon kill 2, SI 2, and BH 2 of my Rats. THAT could be a new record, could it not?? hmmmmm Or the first ever Gordie Howe Larson. (I'd really recommend we do NOT call it a "Jenny". For obvious reasons)
dtahyaio

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Doing a Jenny?

YEAH! That name rocks Razz I recommend we DO call it a Jenny Smile
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought id bump this in one final attempt at justice Wink
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Larson sounds so much more fun and you know it Nazerdemus. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Larson sounds so much more fun and you know it Nazerdemus. Wink

It is nether been my point of view as to what sounds better is best , a lot of things that sound good are unjust ,

Vote Thundercall , or ill be forced to continue this lame quest to get it changed
 Jump to: