27 coaches online • Server time: 01:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hitting the Cycle: A Larson or a Thundercall?
Larson
69%
 69%  [ 261 ]
Thundercall
26%
 26%  [ 101 ]
Other name, please post it
3%
 3%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 376

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If we leave it as Larson, we'll have something to argue about when we all get old and have nothing better to do than sit on the porch and argue about trivia.

If we change it to the first person, then there's not much hope for us to carry on a discussion in our nursing home days, now is there?

Think of the future. Vote Larson.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats it , Im gonna have to do something drastic , Im gonna build a goblin team and only play people who agree with me on this one Smile
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
Thats it , Im gonna have to do something drastic , Im gonna build a goblin team and only play people who agree with me on this one Smile

Isn't playing against yerself a bannable offense in FUMBBL ?

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooooh, BURNED!
stormknight

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

We are not talking about it sounding better. But for the Encyclopedia Splutanicus to have some kind of credibility. A fine puplication by the way and one of fumbbles greattest things.

The only reason we call it a "Larson" is we thought that he was the first, but he wasn't it was "Thundercall". Thats why I voted Thundercall. It's the right thing to do.

Vote Thundercall.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

personally i like 'larson' as a name... so i vote, larson!

if the dispute becomes heated, i'd recommend the name 'FumbblFoot' instead... compared to that option, it'll be like a cold shower and u'll be able to discuss it in more depth Razz

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Hoodeddwarf

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What about pulling an "achievement formerly known as a larson"? That's really catchy. Does pulling a larson-thundercall sound less anal? Perhaps a thundercall could be something superior to a larson with more than just all 5!
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Does pulling a larson-thundercall sound less anal?

I'm pretty sure that when an elf makes a "thundercall" it's pretty anal.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancers make Larsons to get warmed up, Thundercall is a wardancer, what he did was a training exercise, what Larson, an ordinary human eerrr... elven lineman did was the stuff of legends... (damn his pointless ears)

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I propose changing it to a Perfect Ivan because im awesome, i like to toot my own horn, and did i mention im awesome. who ever is wth me give me a moo. maybe it should be called an Moo-V-P
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Pulling a Larson just sounds better. And it aint always those who do things first that are known for them - like the vikings, they "found" america some 100 years before Columbus, still he get all the credit:)

or Picasso wasnt the first to paint the way he do, but now when things look funny on a painting, you go "it looks like a Picasso..."

Larsson made it famous to get 1 of each, I say let him have the honour!
^Spyrer^

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it should remain a larson for that is what it was first called

grafit, which is used in pencils, was first thought to be lead, and so in finnish and swedish this still hangs along "blyertspenna" and "lyijykynä" basically mean leadpen.

and history is full of small misunderstandings of the same kind, but you can't just change em =)

try calling it a pointy-ear special (or is that when you kill 2 elves in a multiblock?) or something similar, or jsut leave it a larson, a thundercall just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't we try to get Larson into the Hall of Fame ? Let's start the campaign, Larson for Presdent !

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just noticed, Kelthanuis Thundercall was nominated for the Hall of Fame for being the first ever player to score a Larson !!! What a travesty, let's get Larson nominated !!!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Never! Larson wasn´t the first - Thundercall was. Larson just named the deed because of some irrelevant whining about it being to0 easy for wardancers and the oh so poor WE linos who never got a break. Pfft! Us Thundercall-fans might have lost the battle but Larson in the Hall of Fame for being...seond? not in a million years! Wink

M

edit : Larson was actually 5th......which only makes the discussion about Larson/Thundercall even more pointless... Wink
 Jump to: