63 coaches online • Server time: 21:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hitting the Cycle: A Larson or a Thundercall?
Larson
69%
 69%  [ 261 ]
Thundercall
26%
 26%  [ 101 ]
Other name, please post it
3%
 3%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 376

Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Never! Larson wasn´t the first - Thundercall was. Larson just named the deed because of some irrelevant whining about it being to0 easy for wardancers and the oh so poor WE linos who never got a break. Pfft! Us Thundercall-fans might have lost the battle but Larson in the Hall of Fame for being...seond? not in a million years! Wink

M

Typical, typical, dem Thundercall-fan-boys always being so self-righteous and not even bothering to do the slightest bit of research !

Quote:

<i>Taken from the Recodopedia Spluttanica...</i>

Perfect Larsons

Kelthanus Thundercall (Athel Lorien Guardians, Woodelf Wardancer) on 2003-07-21
Tom Horn (Law And Order, Lineman) on 2003-08-01
Lance Corporal Wolf (Damocles, High Elf Lion Warrior) on 2003-11-19
Nick Naughty (Power UP, Woodelf Wardancer) on 2004-07-08 during his debut-match
Larson (Sissies we know it, Woodelf Line-elf) on 2004-07-21
topo di linea (topazzi, Skaven Lineman) on 2004-11-23 during the team's debut-match
Lauren (Dominus Decorum, Amazon Catcher) on 2004-11-27
Junior (family man, Dark Elf Blitzer) on 2005-04-01
Vas (Blooderlust, Vampire) on 2005-04-13
Brew (Servants of the 13, Skaven Lineman) on 2005-05-08
Oueripe (Forever Running, High Elf Dragon Warrior) on 2005-05-07
Valdrek Bloodgaze (Blood Falcons, Dark Elf Thrower) on 2005-07-28

As you can clearly see :
Larson was only the fifth player to "hit the cycle" (Thundercall being the first)
He was the third to score exactly 1 of each (Tom Horn being the first)
He was the second Lineman to perform this feat (Tom Horn being the first)

Recordopedia Trivia experts know though that he was the first known player to do a Larson and that thanks to him, the other players were tracked down. For some reason his feat left a far bigger impression than that of the others, and the others all thank their fame to Larson.

So all you self-righteous <B>Thundercall</b> fanboys should stop blowing your own <B>Horn</B> and thank <B>Larson</b> and his BB-expert-fans for recognizing the great achievement Thundercall made for what it was (something which the Thundercall fans clearly never did) and for bringing it under the attention of the greater BB-crowd, even getting him nominated for the FUMBBL Hall of Fame.

Larson without Thundercall remains a legend, but without Larson, Kelthanus Thundercall would have died as an anonymous arrogant wardancer...

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Using the "who did it first" argument does this mean you can now say your lineman ....

Got the 'Horn' Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DX wrote:
Using the "who did it first" argument does this mean you can now say your lineman ....

Got the 'Horn' Wink

Probably easier if you just say that you have a "Horny" lineman... Shocked

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Splutticus wrote:
DX wrote:

Got the 'Horn' Wink

Probably easier if you just say that you have a "Horny" lineman... Shocked

Then well just have to make up another name for the chaos beastmen. After all, they're linemen and they're 'horny'.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Zweiblumen wrote:

Larson though was the first to score the magical "1 of each", Kelthanus Thundercall scored 2 toucdowns and 2 casualties in his match. If only he had scored two of each, then a Thundercall could have been a Mega-Larson

as far as known to me no-one has managed the "Double-Larson" or "Triple-Larson" yet ...

should we not wait and see who the first is and name after her/him....

Double-Larson has a nice ring to it though and I would vote against "Mega-Larson" anyday

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Eaven in the case of a consession where two MVPs are handed out I dont think they can go to the same player thus preventing a duble perfect Larsson

All thou in case the player was killed then comes back as a Zombie makes 2 passes 2 interspetions 2 cas and 2 TDs gets the MVP both as a dead guy on one team and as Zombie for the other team he could get 2 MVPs but it would not show up like 2 MVPs Very Happy

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
pac

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Not forgetting the twin-Larson, where two players (on either team?) each get a Larson (perfect or otherwise) …
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

This comes down to the definition of whether Thundercall's accomplishment counts because of the "extras".

Personally, I like Larson better.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And about the Beastmen thing, check out my team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=235571

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Larson sounds good.
2) Pulling a Thundercall sounds like bad gas.
3) Having a controversy makes this whole deal way cooler. If you name it after the first person to actually do it--then it's not nearly as sexy, and hey this models real life. How many people who are "pioneers" in something weren't actually the true pioneers. People do stuff, and then other people do stuff in a way that gets noticed.
Redhammer_the_Old

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Eaven in the case of a consession where two MVPs are handed out I dont think they can go to the same player thus preventing a duble perfect Larsson

All thou in case the player was killed then comes back as a Zombie makes 2 passes 2 interspetions 2 cas and 2 TDs gets the MVP both as a dead guy on one team and as Zombie for the other team he could get 2 MVPs but it would not show up like 2 MVPs Very Happy

well a double larson is double 2td 2int 2cas 2comp - admittedly the perfect double not quite but I would then argue the perfect is for the mvp and the double larson for the 2td, 2int, 2cas, 2comp, so still a PERFECT DOUBLE LARSON

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

how about back to back larsons?
last night a mummy did a perfect larson against me. i ound out part way through the match he had got a larson in his previous game.

i really really wanted to kill that mummy Evil or Very Mad

mulvax

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=3203563 Slightly off the subject, if a comp/td/cas is a mini larson shouldn't this Ogre having gotten a td/int/cas being awarded a super mini Larson.
Redhammer_the_Old

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
how about back to back larsons?
last night a mummy did a perfect larson against me. i ound out part way through the match he had got a larson in his previous game.

i really really wanted to kill that mummy Evil or Very Mad

as you might be aware I have Larsonitis (ie if I get an INT I go all out to get the guy/gal what (s)he deserves a LARSON) - but back to back with a Mummy is incredible I quake with envy Mad

mulvax wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=3203563 Slightly off the subject, if a comp/td/cas is a mini larson shouldn't this Ogre having gotten a td/int/cas being awarded a super mini Larson.

why is a mini larson comp/td/cas ? int is so much better your ogre should get a mini larson!

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2006 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You thread necromancers!
 Jump to: