50 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Post your questions below. I'll update the FAQ as I answer the questions.

Q: What teams can join?
A: Any [S] team is eligible.

Q: When can I join?
A: The tournament begins Jan 15th but you can join at any time.

Q: Can I join with more than 1 team?
A: Yes, but only one team can win a prize. When the February 15th deadline arrives, only your highest point scoring team will remain in the group and thus be elligible for the lottery draw for the playoff spots.

Q: Where is the tournament draw?
A: There will only be an official draw for the 4 lottery winners at the end of the "open" phase (February 15th).

Q: Can I play a team more than once in the TCM?
A: Yes, but only your best result will count for scoring purposes.

Q: For scoring purposes what counts as a casualty?
A: Only CAS reported by the client will count.

Q: Where do I post my results?
A: In the results thread.

Q: Can I score points versus teams that are not in Tzeentch's Chainsaw Massacre?
A: No, so it's best that you convince them to apply to the group before you play your match.

Q: How come there is a point scoring penalty for matches where I play down in TR? How come you didn't use TS?
A: Unfortunately, due to abuses by some coaches in the initial TNT, I decided that disincentives were required to ensure the spirit of the Stunty Leeg Events was protected. I wish this was not required, but one coach in particular demonstrated the need for such an extra rule. TS is not a fair indicator of a team's power in Stunty Leeg, so I chose to stick with TR.

Q: How come the TCM doesn't use the Open Round Robin Format of the original TNT?
A: Someone chose to completely disregard the spirit of the TNT. Thus requiring new rules which makes it unfeasable to to use a fully automated approach of an Open Round Robin Tournament. This also has the added benefit of allowing coaches to join the Event after it has started.

Q: Is this a serious ultra-competitive tournament which I should neurotically and compulsively obsess about winning?
A: No, this is a silly Stunty Leeg Event.

Q: What is a Stunty Leeg Event?
A: Stunty Leeg Events (of Death Gore and Explosions) are month long mass participation events designed to add a bit of spice to the Stunty Leeg. They aren't meant to be taken very seriously. Everyone should feel free to participate as much or as little as they feel comfortable. They have been explicitly designed in an attempt to make it fun for coaches of all levels of commitment to participate. If you want a fair and balanced tournament to obess over, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Join Tzeentch's Chainsaw Massacre

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %26, %2005 - %21:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Query: How many teams can an individual coach have in the tourney? I'm assuming one team per coach, but was unable to find the info.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

doing it as an open thing with report will make it less popular than TNT imo.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, why not simply create one division, that counts all the scores by itself?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Since only CAS reported by the client will count, what do we need the report thread?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If posting your results in a thread is too much effort no one is forcing you to take part

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, because the client and fumbbl can do the work, so it is free from any errors, and second, no one has to update the standings, because that is given in the division.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey if you can't understand the reason I asked the question then read Arcons reply.

Please be more friendly next time Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Answered a few new questions in the FAQ.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we allowed to play the same opponent more then one time in the first round.....

Not in a row..... but otherwise?

Syndrome057
 Jump to: