33 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

as some of you may know, i was away for a few months, and when i returned, stunty was all but dead. Why? When i left, lots of players played stunty, and all the time, but now its very hard to find games, and all games seem to be vs gnomes or snots... Why?

Is it becouse of the new changes? Gnomes AV? Or is it stunty in its own chat room? What is your reason?

Fact is, its getting worse and worse... We need to stop it now, or stunty is gonna be dead within the month...
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it happened when it was shifted to its own channel tbh, io used to harngt around for a ranked game in #fumbbl, but if i got bored, ask for a stunty game there as well

I know its probably just laziness, but it might have had an effect
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Why was it moved? Seems kinda pointless if its killing the fringe games, and stunty used to be very popular...
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It was moved to minimize traffic on the main channel

I don't think that allot of people understand the new channel system.

Either way bring on more stunty
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Could also be with all the changes made recently that some of the players have become alienated because they disagree with one (or more) of them. I know I stopped playing for several months after it was decided that big guys sould keep General access and there were several minor changes/additions which I didnt feel were thought out properly.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is mainly due to the shifting to its own channel.

For me it wouldn't bother if only stunty was also in the general channel, together with ranked. It would certainly be increasing the popularity of stunty.
Also, a change i'd definatly like is to put the divx and unranked channel together. There is low activity in both channels and people just don't like tho have a lot of different channels open IMO. Might increase popularity of divx a little ?
Just a thought
Mentok

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was pleading for one GAME channel for evry division and one chat channel (fumbblchat) which now is dead as well. The other channels dont really evolve either. The unranked channel is equally dead as stunty IMO. OK, ppl use the gamefinder more and more, which is good. But still, what bout the idea?
1 game channel - 1 chat channel ?

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, well it is something like this:

People complain to admin that they want more ranked slots because that is where all the games are found.

Admin say no, that would kill all the other divisions, so you won't get any more.

Then admin say err wait a minute, people are playing lots of their own tournaments. We want them to play in ranked as a 'fumbbl community' and sign up to the cherry pickers coach ranking game, so let us encourage them by making 'official' instant tourneys in ranked and split up the chat for each division.

Stunty, DivX, Ladder and out-of-tourney Unranked continue to die, ranked becomes more and more full of cherry picking, official ranked tourneys are played mostly by 250+ TR killer teams that hope to play totally one sided fouling matches, etc etc.

I doubt they care about stunty or even the other divisions. They want fumbbl to be somewhere to prove how much better a player someone is compared to everyone else.
Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

People complain to admin that they want more ranked slots because that is where all the games are found.

Admin say no, that would kill all the other divisions, so you won't get any more.

Then admin say err wait a minute, people are playing lots of their own tournaments. We want them to play in ranked as a 'fumbbl community' and sign up to the cherry pickers coach ranking game, so let us encourage them by making 'official' instant tourneys in ranked and split up the chat for each division.

Stunty, DivX, Ladder and out-of-tourney Unranked continue to die, ranked becomes more and more full of cherry picking, official ranked tourneys are played mostly by 250+ TR killer teams that hope to play totally one sided fouling matches, etc etc.

I doubt they care about stunty or even the other divisions. They want fumbbl to be somewhere to prove how much better a player someone is compared to everyone else.
Sad

Exactly, we want to slowly kill all other divisions. We were successfull with Ladder and DivX, now we are trying to kill Stunty, Faction and Unranked. It's a big conspiracy.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Exactly, we want to slowly kill all other divisions. We were successfull with Ladder and DivX, now we are trying to kill Stunty, Faction and Unranked. It's a big conspiracy.

Best for the divisions would be if this was true and because of that everyone would rise up to the revolution and start playing in the other divisions as a protest...

Now there's an idea 8^)

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SunTzu wrote:
as some of you may know, i was away for a few months, and when i returned, stunty was all but dead. .

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games shows statistics on how much games have been played monthly. Amount of stunty in that seems pretty much keeping same in last 12 months.
Mentok

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

heh peikko.

a thin yellow line is a thin yellow line a thin yellow line...
Dont tell me u could make out differences even if there were some.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

uhm like... kick me someone...

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

Sad

you can use irony Avatar but I agree a bit with Britnoth. That's the way it seems for us. Play more other div but less tournaments and more R.

I disliked some of the choose done, especially removing the tournaments from news. I see now how hard it becomes to add new player to recruit in tournaments. That all is bad. I dislike some other things too.

Maybe I do not also like the fact that admins seems not to take conclusion of for and cons of decision taken.

And for keeping G acces I say. Good choose after all.
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
SunTzu wrote:
as some of you may know, i was away for a few months, and when i returned, stunty was all but dead. .

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games shows statistics on how much games have been played monthly. Amount of stunty in that seems pretty much keeping same in last 12 months.

Ive been online almost constantly the last weekend, and its not in any way rare to see 4-5 breaks with no lfgs at all. Alot of people idle, not alot of people play.
 Jump to: