25 coaches online • Server time: 08:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI: There are a small group of us playtesting one of each of the stunty teams except skinks in a private U division tourney. When it gets a little further along, we can give some feedback as to how Big Guys without General access operate in a competitive format.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SunTzu wrote:
Oh yay, you are so funny. Incredible humour. I cant believe you arent a published writer.

BTW i hope this isnt in any way aimed at me, since if it is its full of consiously made errors.

Disclaimer: 1) All characters contained herein are fictional and
not meant to represent any persons living, dead, or otherwise.
The characters of Screamer and Halfwit belong to inquisitorpustus and laughataweiner(TM) Productions. Inquisition Theatre was created by me.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

av8 on gnomes is great and they still pretty much suck, but dont die as quick while they are at it.
everyone who believes me that gnomes are good can challenge me. best of three, i play a team of your choice, you play gnomes.
and everybody who believes that sporeflingers are deadly players, and that snotlings got in any way deadlier with the recent changes, well, i cant help that. these guys are far from deadly. they are str 1. if you leave them next to another player he will block them away. if you dont you have to blitz with them to use the dagger. troll blitzes still are a bit deadlier, tbh.
and i think that peikko does a good job, communication skills or not. make nurglings a bit worse and i'll consider stunty more balanced than the LRB teams.
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

People play division that likes more, where's the problem?
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a question to everyone who complains about Gnomes - have you actually tried playing with them? Even with AV 8, Gnomes are a bad, bad team, and the Rule of 11 just murders them.

I'd rank Gnomes as worse than anything except Cheaters, Squigs and Strigoyan, and I'm not sure about the Strigs.

/johan
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, Gnomes are quite hard to play. The Daredevils can Blitz but they need a support (with mv 4 even that can be a challenge), the Bommaz can throw things (although having 1 deathroller+4 Bommaz+2 Cannons=7 players that can be spotted is a VERY bad idea), the basic Gnomes can........ermm...stay alive for a game or two? and the Cannons have the biggest strength->they can block, they blunderbuss, they throw team mates and they can also take passing skills without having the Stunty negatrait. In short: if both your Cannons are removed from the game in first half (fouled by opponent/spotted by the ref), the second half is going to be a serious pain.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

How to revive Stunty Leeg:

Each Stunty player makes the following addition to their mIRC client:
(you will join both #fumbbl and #fumbblStunty automatically with this addition)

mIRC Options-> Connect -> Options -> Perform...
[YES] Enable perform on connect
Network: Fumbbl

/j #fumbbl
/j #FumbblStunty
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

don't talk about stunty here. it's about who'll make the longest quote, not about stunty =)

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I make it out of trifle?

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate the rule of 11 for Stunty. It really sucks when your Cheaters have to line up on turn 8 so that even more of their players can get thrown out at halftime.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

rule of 11 is poo for stunty and vastly detracts from the fun element
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, after my post, I stayed away from this thread, but the rank stupidity wafting over the site forces me to interfere again as a voice of common sense.

Seriously.

1. Rule of 11 means that you have to now use common sense when playing with certain teams like Cheaters and Gnomes: you need to buy linos of those various races to ensure that it doesn't happen. Gnomes now have AV8, which in my opinion, was the best thing they could have got. Their linemen will stick around a long time. So, what does this mean? You don't have to put all 6 positionals with a secret weapon on the field [GASP! REALLY!]. Cheaters are in the same boat... you don't have to put both saws, pogo's, fanatics and bombers on the field at the same time.

2. Gnomes with TTM are hugely fast: WHAT? Lets see... make a Bonehead Roll, make an always hungry roll, make a pass roll [with 1 band shortened], make a landing roll. Usually propels you about 6-10 squares... hmm... As for outbashing gnomes? Please... gnomes do more damage to themselves with their own bombs. No Big Guys... that means MB against them reduces them to AV7.

3. Spore flingers: Good. Lord. They are 2 [1... 2!] av5 players that use up a blitz action to try and break armor to cause injuries... that they get no SPPs for. On the other hand, a troll can try and break armor with a +1, and cause injuries... that they DO get SPPs for. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

4. 20 people I spoke to? Lookie here... the only people speaking to you about them are those who know you will agree with them so they don't have an argument. Trust me... the only reason I would start playing gnomes again was the fact that they are av8... infact, I'll probably start one soon.

5. Cherry-picking in Stunty... what happened to the days when S was simply "Lets play." Now we have whiners who complain about teams being overpowered or broken or simply bad... I remember playing up close to 50-60 TR in games for fun... even before the handicaps were implemented. Remember the ANARCHIST group? The reason you think that S is slower now is that there are no ISTs running through out... and some of us might just be bothered in restarting it if people weren't belly-aching about how bad stunty is now.

6. There are barely 20 people active in Stunty... and fewer now because it has turned into 1 giant argument.

7. When a large portion of the games are played between old stunty veterans that arrange their matches in PMs, becouse of their close personal friendships, theres not much you can do.: Yes there is. Put your teams in gamefinder, and wait. PM people you know, MAKE friendships like the stunty veterans have... you will not find games lacking.

My point is this (I will break it down for those who don't speak Common Sense)

Stunty = Fun.
Stunty Fun > Winning
If Winning > Stunty Fun, change it to Stunty = Fun.

Z
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty = Fun
Stunty Fun = Fun Fun = Fun^2
Fun^2 > Winning
Fun > sqrt (Winning)

But if I lose 6 gobbos in my first game, then my Fun is a negative value. Since there is no way that a negative Fun can be greater than sqrt (Winning), the whole server would crash. Therefore, the only remedy is for the server to make sure my fun level never drops below 0 by making sure my gobbos don't die. Too much, anyway.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand what one instance of losing 6 gobbos matters in the whole run. If you didn't enjoy the game, retire the team and make another. You have that luxury.

If you didn't have fun:
a] don't play that team again.
b] don't play that coach again.
c] pray that your luck gets better.

You have choices.

Z
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... it was supposed to be a joke. Maybe it wasn't as clever as I thought.
 Jump to: