34 coaches online • Server time: 12:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

0-12 wisps: ma5 str2 ag4 av6 regenerate dodge stunty nohands (a)(35k)

0-12) Shady hands (ma 6 str1 ag3 av 6 catch stunty 50k)(a)

0-1 Giant Wisp (ma4 str5 ag1 av7//8 thick skull regenerate stunty Bonehead Big guy no hands(ga Strength is still thought about..need opinions on that)(100k) (no mblow to start, intentionally)

0-1 Wisp Keeper Ma4 str1 ag4 av6 sprint GP (80k)

0-2 Earth Dwellers Ma3 str1 ag2 av10 Thick skull stunty regenerate (a) (80k)
rerolls for 70k apo for the shady hands, if needed add thrall skill to make the difference between the passer and the hands. wizard access

Starplayer: Blood Wisp Ma7 str2 ag4 av6 block claw stunty regenerate no hands(110k)

Uniqueness of the team: Wisps can move around fairly freely around the board, but don't have hands, with very fragile ball carriers, you need to be very carefull with them... The earth Dwellers are your "los fodder" The big guy is unique with his stunty, but suffers from low av.
The ag4 passer is like the werewolf of stunty... he''s a great player, but expensive and ultra fragile without regen and av6

Need a bit of feedback =)

Last edited by DreadClaw on %b %19, %2005 - %12:%Jan; edited 11 times in total
Cannonfodder

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
Rumplestiltskin

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're going to have a player (Earth Dwellers) exclusively for LOS fodder, why not go the whole hog and allow 0-3 of them?
I like the feel of the team though; it's certainly unique, and doesn't recycle ideas like some of the other stunty concepts out there. Maybe too expensive overall for the rate at which replacements will be required?
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like it at all. Even in stunty it will get horribly owned by other teams.

Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to take out 4 players to win this team. Sounds easy

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not meant to be all-powerfull, but it's meant to give a unique new team concept... i could tweak a little, allowing more shaded hands, or something similar... I didn''t pick 3 earth dwellers so you allways have a fragile stunty on the los as well.

it requires some playtesting in the least, but i'd want some opinions before testing... Maybe up the wisp av (both big and small) to 7, and give 0-6 Shady hands... Rather i'd start underpowered and buff it up than get a uberteam... besides, people seem to forget this big guy is simply awesome when he gets block breaktackle...2+ to dodge ANYWHERE...

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's different, which is nice. Captain 1821:s comment is correct I think. Maybe you should give the team 01-12 shady hands and 0-12 wisps, then allow the coaches to decide what balance suits them best? With the super big guy /with break tackle), I don't think you should up the AV on the small wisps, regenerate will make sure that they don't lose to many players. Maybe +1 AV on the big guy himself though, he will get an awful amount of blocks and fouls directed his way. AG 4 and passing access on the thrower sounds very good, but I guess this is offset by his low MA, playtesting should answer this.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks tinky, input is most appreciated... av could be 8 on the big guy... i don't want 0-12 catchers... that would make the wisps useless... i prefer having the wisps forced to field... 6 catchers is the max i guess... the thrower is meant to be awesome... but he'll die fast with his av4 and no regen or apo =)

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It wouldn't make the wisps useless at all? They are great, especially on defense, but offense too as they can manouver into position so easy + they have more ST, allowing them to protect the ball carriers better. Removing regenerate from the shady hands would make people field more wisps if that is what you want. You should probably lower their price while you are at it, 60 K for such a fragile player is very expensive. What is the fluff explanation for av 4 on the thrower?

Also I think you can give the big wisp AG2, it doesn't matter all that much as he has no hands anyway but I don't think a wisp should be clumsier than an ogre.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the fluff on the thrower, is mainly, it''s a non-stunty with ag4.. it should be ultra fragile, and only used when really needed.. might up it to 5 or 6 if it proves too fragile. Ag+ on the wisp sounds right fluffwise, I think i'll get 0-12 shady hands,remove their regen and lower cost to 50k

That should resolve some of it's potential problems...

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeay. Smile

I don't see how the earth dwellers are worth 100K, They will indeed be useful to put in front of big guys but 100K... that's the same price as a troll.

What I meant with the fluff question is: What does a creature with an av lower than snotling look like? What are the earth dwellers? And shady hands too for that matter?

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Wisps: Ethereal, floating creatures of pure energy, can come in various forms... but balls are most common.

Wisp Keepers: Slow, small lurking and agile creatures, who keep wisps as a hobby... usually live in dark crevasses... looks like a goblinoid with humanlike skin.

Shady hands: Basically wisps in the form of ghastly hands

Giant Wisps: An ancient wisp of giant power... basically a wisp who got big.

Earth Dwellers: Wisps who spend most of their time in the unforgiving caves. They camouflage themselves by absorbing pieces of stone in their skin.... very slow and unagile due to that.

cost of earth dwellers 100k: might be a bit high, so i''ll change it to 80k =)

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

all sounds rosy as far as i am concerned.....they are likely to get outbashed.....but are unique enough to warrant a place alongside the other stunty teams
Stevie

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

80k seem to much for Earth dwellers.

80k is just crazy for the wisp keeper. think of a standard woodelf lineman, 7 3 4 7, GA for 70K and your charging 10k more for 3 less ma, 2 less Str, 1 less Av, but you get access to pasing skills.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OK cool, here are my suggestions.

1) the Giant wisp should lose the Stunty tag. all it will do is give him more injuries.

2) the giant wisp I think should be S,G or S,A. S,A could make very interesting combinations (ie guard + side step, Diving tackle and Stand firm, etc.) If general stays with the Big guys then I guess that he will have to keep general access to allow for balancing. I would however consider Piling on, tackle and block all to be more dangerous then mighty blow.

3) your whisp keeper needs skills I think. Otherwise it will be a wait for 6 matches till the dudes thrown the ball 6 times to get something. I love the concept of him but with mv4 he isn't going to be doing much (compared with mv8 warewolves). He is the slowest there. Plus writing players to just pass isn't the best idea. Lets add some utility to him. Give him tackle (he is used to catching whisps). and how about passblock, strip ball, sure hands or Side step. Just one or two skills that might make a coach risk a valuable player. Perhaps you could look at sure feet or sprint. Without Agi he can't get these and he is really slow. I understand you advoiding passing skills as they will be too overpowering but I think he should have something.
 Jump to: