42 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings are one of the most powerfull rosters in stunty. This is mainly because they have best big guys there is for stunty with their tentacles. Also they have sticky little nurglins which is hard to get rid from field cause of thick skull and even when they are removed, with some luck come back cause regeneration.

Fluff and uniquess vice there is couple things that make them different and which are part of them, tentacles and thick skull/regen belong to these so answer to balancing is not just remove them all.

This thread is about finding possible ways to tweak them. This again your way to either give your voice or abuse your right to have your opinions heard. Please keep it on topic and try to behave or this right can be taken away.

Currently there is couple options already mentioned which include:

A) Loose thick skull from nurglins, this would make it easier to take down nurglins teams by lowering number of opponent players on field.

B) Loose regenerate from nurglins, with or without adding apo to team and either adding undead to beast to prevent apo to be used on them or not.

C) Loose general access from beasts, they already have wide variety of skills on doubles but this would also mean they would take strengh skills with normal skill rolls.

Please feel free to suggest some other ways and comment already mentioned ones. While making your suggestions remember that result should not be blending nurglins to be just like any other team.

Last edited by peikko on %b %18, %2005 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that Nurglings are one of two (or three, if you count the Strigs) teams that are based on Regeneration. Thick Skull, on the other hand, could be removed.

Another small thing that could be adressed for the Nurglings: The roster is kinda dull, 2 BGs + up to 16 "linos" isn't that interesting, we have that for Goblins (dull team for Stunty Leeg imo) and Halflings.

My final suggestion would be: Remove Thick skull from the Nurglings and add a new positional player (maybe something within the Foul Appearance theme like 0-2 4/2/2/7 Stunty Dodge Regeneration Foul Appearance). It would give them at least a little bit diversity.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta say I think that access to mutations makes them pretty diverse so long as the coach wants them that way, most it seems are happy with Block/DP/RSC. Halflings and gobbos can be boring but at least gobbos have relatively cheap stars to play with, halflings have no stars and the chef doesnt work properly so that takes a lot of the fun from them. I enjoy nicking half or more of the other teams RR.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

This team is not broken from a competitve standpoint so I don't think tweeks need to be made for the most part. I do agree with Avatar that they could benefit from an extra positional since they have just two types. Mabey an "Ungor" could make an appearance here (5 1 3 6 horns, stunty, dodge). They don't need anything terribly fast or agile....just something..... extra.

I think the beasts are fine considering the vault made them "no hands" and the nurglings have ag 2! I think they should become no hands as soon as possible. The tenticles are evil but other teams in stunty can get them and they are not *too bad.

Remember.... nurglings are the slowest team with no TTM ability. Two turn tds require hella dice and they are not as bashy as snots (even without MB for pumps....).

Peace,
Syndrome
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think lose thick skull from the blighters and add a positional (maybe one without regen....thus tempting nurgling players to field teams that aren't entirely going to spring back from every cas inflicted).
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove thick skull, it's ok.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings balancing?

I don't get it! Why balance the Nurglings?

They are balanced!

For a stunty is hard to dodge away from a Beast, but don't forget that for an ag2 Nurgling is hard to dodge away from any Big Guy.
Nurglings have ag2 that means that they have a very hard time to handle the ball. When all other Stunties have ag3 Nurglins need a few more players in the pitch to counter that. So Thick Skull and Regeneration are ok.

They don't need a new positional player because they will be powerful.

And the most important! They don't need to be panished with changes like:
B) Loose regenerate from nurglins, with or without adding apo to team and either adding undead to beast to prevent apo to be used on
them or not.
C) Loose general access from beasts, they already have wide variety of skills on doubles but this would also mean they would take strengh skills with normal skill rolls.

or even

A) Loose thick skull from nurglins, this would make it easier to take down nurglins teams by lowering number of opponent players on field.

They will become too weak!!!

Nurglins are doing ok since I got to this website! They are not too strong, they are not too weak. They don't need help or punishment. They don't need to be changed!

I don't get the change everything spirit that lately rules the Stunty league. Some things are fine the way they are.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the positional player idea actually...

In my experience the main problem with the little blighters is their access to mutations.
Not very fluffy, but removing their access would be good and add a nurgling with surehands to the roster (Blitz-Ra stylie).

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
I liked the positional player idea actually...

In my experience the main problem with the little blighters is their access to mutations.
Not very fluffy, but removing their access would be good and add a nurgling with surehands to the roster (Blitz-Ra stylie).

The fun part with the Nurglins is the mutations. I can't imagin nurglins without mutations.

RSC little dudes are damn funny! And with all the attention they attrack, they die young...
You can always use your doubles for surehands instead of RSC Smile
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do but I reackon it's the mutations access that makes them a wee bit too strong.

I realise that it makes them duller (fairly dull already imo), but I think it'd be a good balance tweak.

A surehands positional makes them oddly khemriesque which appeals to me.

They really do need some kind of positional though just to make them more varied.

I do understand the fundamental objection to the idea though.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

They are connected to the Rotters! How is it possible to lose their mutation ability?

Cut their mutations and Nurglings will lose their popularity because they will not be that fun to play anymore. Then we will keep complaining on that "who/what killed the Stunty League" thread.

I forgot to mention that you can also use your doubles for a Big Hand Wink
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings too powerful?

Based on what? I can't say i ever noticed...

I wouldn't mind losing thick skull in exchange for positional.
These positionals should be (IMO) starting with a mutation; foul appearance, horns or tentacles for example.
Or a combination.
a blitzer type with VLL and/or horns perhaps and another with foul appearance and/or tentacles.

In moderation (0-2 or so) and the price should be rather high for a stunty.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Even though Nurglings don't score many goals before they get a Big Hand player, the team is unbalanced. It is near to impossible to hurt the basic Nurglings and the Beasts....Tentacles from the start + Block without doubles= *ouch* every turn.

IMO it would be nice to remove either Thick Skull or Regen from the basic Nurglings. That way at least some harm can be done to the team. (Maybe also reduce the cost of basic Nurglings from 50k to 40k, as they will die more often?) Beasts can keep their General access because Stunty is about mayhem, destruction and dead stunty linemen. Smile

[edit]BTW, has anyone else ever seen a Big Hand Beast? They are cruel... Very Happy[/edit]

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %19, %2005 - %01:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop thick skull and add a novel 0-2 positional, with or without regen. I think the earlier suggestion of a basic nurg with a mutation to start would probably be best. I'd really like to see them cost 10k more and start with a random mutation but I'm guessing that'd take too much change to the site to be viable. Gotta admit random mutations would be hella fun.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The boring part of them are that they just dont get hurt. Well, yes they do get hurt of course, but compared to others?

Str 2 and AV7 and Thick Skull and Regenerate?

Its like playing dwarves, its just plain boring! Smile

So, either tweak the AV, or Thick Skull, they just shouldnt be able to take such a punishment. No one should.

Of course, add some positional to compensate, I dont say nurglings are to good, just they are to dull to play against. And dull teams just dont fit stunty leeg Smile
 Jump to: