22 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. I do not think that the choice of Random mutation is a good one. Becuase I will choose Block or Tackle.

On tinky winkys idea. My god after three skill choices you could have a RSC, Clawing bastard with horns. Other then DT and mabie side step, mutations kick standard ag skills. You put any of the skills together from the mutations and you get an awesome player. A nurgling with extra hands and arms is useful. A nurgling with FA and Spikes is unblockable. A nurgling with tentacles and Prehensile tail is damn scary. The combinations are way too powerful if they came up and there are lots of them.

Though I do think mutations should be random.

Ghost
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

the_grey_ghost wrote:
Hmm. I do not think that the choice of Random mutation is a good one. Becuase I will choose Block or Tackle.

Thats the point. You couldn't take block or tackle which should make the team more interesting.

If you could choose random mutations as a normal skill you'd just keep sacking players till you got exactly the rolls you wanted, thereby negating the limiting factor and infact making them stronger.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The grey ghost:
On tinky winkys idea. My god after three skill choices you could have a RSC, Clawing bastard with horns. Other then DT and mabie side step, mutations kick standard ag skills.

What world do you live in? In my world stunties die like flies and few ever see three advances. If you don't believe me look at this:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&order=9&nav=3&race=27

These are the nurgling teams with highest rating. You don't even have to go to page 2 to find that stunties doesn't have three skills. Team 26-30 on the list have a grand total of three level 4 stunty players together. As you said diving tackle and sidestep are good and you rarely get to pick another skill after that.

Quote:
inquisitorpustus:
If you could choose random mutations as a normal skill you'd just keep sacking players till you got exactly the rolls you wanted, thereby negating the limiting factor and infact making them stronger.

If you think this is enjoyable tactic you already do it if a player hasn't rolled a double or increase in two skills
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i understood inquisitorpustus idea now. It's great because it makes nuglings a lot less violent (no block or tackle) and takes them down a notch while at the same time making them more fun.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
If you could choose random mutations as a normal skill.

Well, random skills aint option because its not supported by fumbbl website systems.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see them start with one random mutation and then on a double have all the usual choices except mutations, if they want a mutation it'd have to be random. Then again I'd like all teams in all divisions to use necromunda style skill charts so you'd have to adapt to use the skills you roll. Anyone who doesnt know, in necromunda you would choose a skill category and roll on a table, the result was the skill you got, if you rolled one you already had you could choose any skill from that table. It'd make the game more interesting IMO.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
inquisitorpustus wrote:

Well, random skills aint option because its not supported by fumbbl website systems.

Any technical reason why it couldn't be?

Shouldn't be too hard to setup surely?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Best way to balance nurglings is to have Peikko to coach them.
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Best way to balance nurglings is to have Peikko to coach them.

I don't get it. What do you mean by that?

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

I think it was funny.

(have no clue if it is true though and prolly isn't)

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2005 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
inquisitorpustus wrote:

Side note: arenĀ“t the aging and skill die rolls random? Then why is it so different to make a "gain a random mutation"-roll? E.g. the site will roll a X-sided die and look at a list what the mutation will be, then give it to the player.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I did say in my post that i didn't think it was possible, re-programming the site isn't a valid way to balance nurglings
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

well why would this force to recode the whole thing? only add a "skill" mutation->giving the player a mutation get in random

I am no programmer but that wouldn't be more than 10-15 lines at max, no?
Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I still maintain they are fine as they are
 Jump to: