33 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

In my brief time on Fumbbl, I have never seen a wizard used, but isn't a fireball the best way to deal with a dwarf cage? Wizard spells are avoided with AG rolls, doesn't that mean every high AG team worried about bashers should have one? My entire undead team would crumple, BOBs would go down, Chaos would still suck to fight, but it couldn't hurt to try. Why don't elves, Humies and Skaven always have wizards? Am I missing something?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if you've got 50k and your playing dwarfs hire one.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I here a lot of complaining about the disadvantages of fast vs. bash teams. It seems like more people would use wizards to even things up, no?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf coachs in the whole are a lot like elf coaches in that they dont like it when things dont go there way , In ranked if a dwarf spots your wizard he'll probably say - umm no thanks and pop off to find someone else to play.

Oh and if you do get one keep hold of it till the second half unless it all goes really badly , the longer you have it the fear of the wizard may open up his players a bit
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So it is a good tactic (two experienced coaches agreeing), just nobody uses it? That's it. I'm wizarding every time from now on!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Its far better for the team to save that 50k for another player or a reroll, and not play that dwarf team with 6+ mighty blows and a dp.
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

And he can use a runesmith or what the dwarfic "wizard" is called again. Rather a good one, gives a player skills for the whole match. So there are ways to "cheat" for them as well. Im of the distinct point of wiew that any use of a wizard should be proclaimed BEFORE the game is started, just to keep the friendly tone. Its not a very nice surprise, i have been up against it myself.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Its far better for the team to save that 50k for another player or a reroll, and not play that dwarf team with 6+ mighty blows and a dp.

Cough...Cherrypicker...Cough
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Its worth every penny just to see that big clump of dwarfs go pop.

Got the full nine once.

Marvellous.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
Britnoth wrote:

If teams need a wizard to be on equal terms with a dwarf team, then by definition they are much stronger and it is reasonable not to play them. Or are you one of those dwarf coaches that challenge amazons and av7 elves to games all the time?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sergei, I'm not sure what you mean by "declared", obviously buying one after agreeing to the match is rude, but I wouldn't feel the need t oannounce it. I general I think people are way too attached to their players. I had a dwarf coach edgy about a game against my undead due to the presence of one DP. Live a little boys! Blow up some dwarves!

//Edit// Brit, I don't think this is about "equal terms" equal is impossible to gauge. The elves are faster and more agile, the dwarves are harder and tougher, the idea of the tactic is to help your team win, not to make you the equal of a stronger team. That is why the TS rating exists, isn't it?//edit//

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It is too bad stars/wizards/chefs/rune dwarfs/freebooters etc. are not handled through the client during start up. Be nice to get rid of this argument all together imho.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
nazerdemus wrote:
Britnoth wrote:

If teams need a wizard to be on equal terms with a dwarf team, then by definition they are much stronger and it is reasonable not to play them. Or are you one of those dwarf coaches that challenge amazons and av7 elves to games all the time?

No im an E.L.F players that challenges Dwarfs to games Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny, this isn't supposed t obe an argument about the "when are things hired" I'm just wondering why people don't use wizards. But hijacks happen Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

well.. the why people don't use wizards is a short argument...

outside of tournaments stars/wizards are not worth the money