31 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just posting to advertise this new group for KO tournaments. If you're interested, apply to the group and send me a PM. I'm currently starting two tournaments with caps of 100 and 200 Team Rating respectively.

There will also be other events starting at a later date depending on the interest showed by participants. This thread will also be used to post match reports and general comments about the group.

KO Challenge 2005

PM me

Everybody is welcomed to join, the more the merrier.

Uber

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 has submitted two teams: Varathron & Sexy Lovers. Both have been accept. It seems Orcs are quickly taking over the tournament, will there be a noble Dwarf to step up to the challenge? I'm sure the Elves would also like to teach these brutes a football lesson or two. Keep em coming guys!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

More teams coming in. Smess and Kanzo have submitted teams of Humans and Necromantic respectively. Sign up now!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The KO 200 is filling up quite nicely, already have 7 players with I think one more on its way. We still need more rookie teams for the KO 100, so if you've been wanting to try a new race now is the perfect chance to do so. I would like at least 16 teams per event and places are filling up quickly. The KO 150 and 250 will start recruiting when the two other tournaments start, but some teams have already started applying for them. Apply now if you haven't done so already!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2005 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

10 slots left in the KO 100 and 8 left in the KO 200, so we're still looking for a few good coaches...

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Slots are filling up quickly, with only three KO 100 places left and six in the KO 200. Apply while there's still time!

Update: KO 100 is full, but we still need 5 teams of a maximum of 200 TR. Submit your team now if you're interested!

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so there's still two open slots for TR 200 Max teams. There's a chance for you to free a ranked slot and transfer a team into the tournament. It's be nice to see a few elves or rats give it a shot, so far we've got a good mix of teams, but only one brave dark elf. Bring it on guys!

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PRG from BTG 1 This Is Hardcore 2
Uber kicks off the Ko Tr 200 Tourney but out scoring the undead. In a close game that featured many casualties The orcs manage to hold off the undead in the last 3 turns with the aid of double skulls rerolled into double skulls and then hurt two more zombies the following turn to even up the casualty cound at 5 a piece highlighted by the death of zombie adaom and his subsequent replacement by former orc blitzer dangerous Dave courtesy of a crushing blow from adaom's brother in zombiedom Camos. Great job Uber in taking the game I look foward to the next tourney!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=644352

Cyric612
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, anyone that gets KO'd from the newbie tourney, look me up. I have two teams that are low ranked and in-between tournies in the OCCS.

I'd love to teach you guys that the teams of OCCS are tougher and stronger than anyone here. Surprised) erm, I mean help each other grow our teams for our respective tournament groups. Wink

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1347

Da_Todfatha
Uber

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament has just started yesterday. (For those who don't get notified personally of that stuff)

So far none of the rookie games have been played, but they should start rolling out pretty soon. Recruitement for the KO 150 and 250 is officially starting now. If you've got idle teams in the 130-150 or 230-250 range, now is a good time to apply. Once the KO 100 and 200 are finished, there'll be a 125 and 225 tournament starting to allow the teams that made it pretty far to keep going with their teams. Feel also free to apply in the OCCS events, but remember to look us up if you get knocked out quick !

Happy KO everyone!

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournaments are playing out nicely. Only 1 game left in the KO 100 and 3 left in the KO 200. I thought I wouldn't have to point this out, but you should never conceed a game in a tournament, since it gives a great advantage to your opponent from the extra winnings and mvp. Sadly someone had to do that, but I've updated the group page and people are now warned not to do it.

On the recruitment front, some peoples have started signing up for the KO 150, 250 and the next 100. We'll get those goings as soon as we reach the magic number of 16. Keep on playing !

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We're still looking for 9 coaches in the KO 150 and 6 coaches for the KO 100. Get those idle teams off the shelf and join the fun !!

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2005 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Uber,

Allow stars and wizzies.... this is a tourney afterall. i wanna bring my gobbos...

Synn
Uber

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, Star Players access is very unbalanced. Using players like Griff in the 150~175 range will make a huge difference and some teams just don't have good enough options to compete with that. My goal in this tournament is to put the focus on coaching, not who can get the best stars or use a wizard. I know it makes the stunties a less viable option, but they're not serious teams anyway.

That being said, we still need 3 coaches in the KO 150 and there's only one spot left in the next KO 100. Sign up quickly !