56 coaches online • Server time: 23:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which of my teams is best?
Dark-Elves
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Orcs
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Dwarf
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Chaos
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 28

Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I really like my teams so far. I always like dwarves and Orcs (very safe), and darkies (you just have to love elfves even if they die sometimes) and even my first try at Chaos is really better than I’d expected though I still think they suck in the early games.

My question to you coaches is which of my teams do you think looks most promissing? In other words if you were to coach one of them which one do you think is strongest? (just in case you ask: no I don’t have anything better to do at work than wonder about these things)

These are the links:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132339
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132373
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=135589
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=133901

Btw any advice whatsoever on any of these teams (both playstyle and team-building/skill-choice) are highly welcome!
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos. Two +ST guys, some doubles. The other teams are not as fortunate in their skill rolls. FF17 too, which I like. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the two +ST guys are very nice. Too bad my +AG, block beast died some matches ago. He was extremely usefull and imo more important than the +ST one...
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally like the Dark Elves you have there , if you can get that AG6 Lino Dodge and sure hands he'll be a nightmare for opponents trying to guard the ball , and an ag5 thrower as well . I want one Smile

Edit : Just looked at those dwarfs - 2 strength 4 Runners ,
my players hardly ever get that many stat increases

Dwarfs are probably your best team , elves the most fun Smile
Xychu

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont care...

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Xychu wrote:
I dont care...

Umm anybody else see that thread about community spirit Wink
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You should love all your teams equally! What kind of parent are you, you monster?!?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd I do love all my teams equally. I just love some a little more equally than others….

Nazerdemus: Yep I do love playing my dark-elves best. The thrower is really cool and I have plenty of guards around to out-bash elf-type teams. I’m thinking of giving the AG6 guy dodge first and maybe pass-block instead of sure-hands later… Problem with the elves is the total lack of +ST guys. Making it difficult to go up against the real bashers.
Do you really think the +ST runners make that much of a difference? +ag would be better on them I guess…
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Since runners have the lowest armor of any dwarf, if you want them to survive longer they need to get knocked over less. That means defensive skills (read: blodge, sidestep) or pure strength, making the enemy dedicate more guys to try to get you down in the first place. Besides, to have your fastest member of your team also be your strongest means wonders if you are trying to hunt down that fleeing ballboy or blitz into his backfield.

Personally though, were I to pick I'd say the darkies have the most promise. The orc and chaos teams look pretty much like a lot of other chaos and orc teams out there; but the darkies, with that plethora of guard and agility, can both outbash and outpass a lot of teams. Nary a niggle around, good spread of skills...I see good things for that team!

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The runners are nice indeed. It’s hard to spread me spp’s though. If I don’t watch out the runners will get all the spp’s while the new blitzers and slayers get none…

AFK what would you buy for the elves (after they got their 4th rr)? I’m thinking about getting a second thrower before the blitzer. But I’m not sure.

Nobody seems to really like the Orcs. I have to agree though. Hardly any doubles and no stat-increases is pretty pathetic. Still don’t want to retire them though …
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That's because they're green and mean. Nobody likes those types. Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If posts like this become a trend I will hunt down Bascrebolder and hang him from chains and fish hooks!

that said.. chaos... pure cheese

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, the orcs are definitely still competitive, and with all the BOB with block you're pretty safe in games. But if you're asking for the most impressive team, they look nothing different from what any other orc coach can accomplish given enough time. The thrower could surprise a lot of people who aren't expecting a passing game from orcs...

As to the darkies, I'd go 4th rr (can't believe you've gone 18 games without getting it!), and then save to 100k again. If your players are still intact, then go for your 5th rr. If you have a MNG or two, then get your 4th blitzer. Either way, you'll want to eventually have 5 rr's with a darkelf team--most games you'll only need 4, but it's best to have that fifth just in case. Darkies can get by with 13 or 14 active members most of the time. I only ever have one thrower at a time on an elven squad--in a pinch, anybody can serve, esp the agi 6 guy.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bascrebolder wrote:
Shepherd I do love all my teams equally. I just love some a little more equally than others….

Nazerdemus: Yep I do love playing my dark-elves best. The thrower is really cool and I have plenty of guards around to out-bash elf-type teams. I’m thinking of giving the AG6 guy dodge first and maybe pass-block instead of sure-hands later… Problem with the elves is the total lack of +ST guys. Making it difficult to go up against the real bashers.
Do you really think the +ST runners make that much of a difference? +ag would be better on them I guess…

Yeah Dodge and Pass Block is good , especially if you play a lot of passing teams , I tend to play bashy teams with mt Dark Elves so picking up the loose ball is more important to my team Smile as my opponents hardly ever chuck the ball , you dont need to have high strength to beat the really bashy teams just dodge round them , especially with those guard players .

On the dwarfs +str runners will make it hard for the opponent to bring them down if they have to break from the cage to score , they also give you excelent blitzing potential with their speed , I would probably try to go dodgy/break tackle with one and tackle sure feet with the other ( an 8 squares run and hit with 2 dice can be very useful for the slow dwarfs team ) but thats just me and im not that great Wink
 Jump to: