44 coaches online • Server time: 14:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I do?
Retire the team
20%
 20%  [ 14 ]
Retire Bark
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Retire Grenar
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Retire both trees
32%
 32%  [ 22 ]
Keep it as it is!
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 68

Shinan

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As some may know I'm coaching a quite almost a bit legendary Halfling team. However, even if it is great fun coaching a halfling team the slump it has gone into lately is irrecoverable unless...
I get rid of one or two trees.
As the team is nearing the milestone that is 250 games maybe the team could take a new direction and become rebuilt.

However I'm very attached two trees, even though they are only a bunch of pixels and numbers.

So some input would be nice. As well as someone in my TR/TS range wishing to play in my 250th game. I myself have been thinking about kicking Moist Bark out and keeping Grenar for the time being. But after game 250. Not to forget I have to conjure up a fluffy newspost for his retirement 8^)

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be a shame to retire the team, they have a great and long history.
I vote retire Bark, and see how it goes.

good luck.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. double niggle is annoying on a tree. Retire him and keep fighting a bit. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i would replace all your nigglers asap

Goodbye Cusi
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...I have a team in your TR range, and another in your TS range, but nary a team who fits both! lol Nevertheless, I volunteer my near-rookie CD's as willing to play ya. *shrugs* Decide if it's fair or not, but you never know unless you ask, ya know? I've seen stranger matchups...

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire one or both Trees, play some rookie or young needing recovery teams, and get those guys back on track

It's hard to get a team to 100 games, so with that much history it's too much to let go
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Id retire both those trees , otherwise your nether going to recover enough money to replace either
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You should remove them to U. In R I assume you will be hunted down by a million of cherrypickers. Move to U, retire such a team is a crime ;p
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You've got to keep them for one more game, I think. Just because it is a nice, big, round number. After a milestone like that, then you can worry about the effectiveness and efficiency of the team. For now, they're playing for honor.

... Or maybe they're just playing for lunch. Same thing, with 'flings.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Unranked. They're FAR too old to just retire. As much time as you've put into playing, managing, and writing bios....they deserve better.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont go to (U) if you do decide they cant do ranked anymore put them out of their misery (id recommend fighting to keep them though)

Going to (U) is like the Premiership Footballers getting old and moving to Conference Teams to be player managers , Its just Sad Sad
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Stay in ranked..but retire both trees...like someone else mentioned..you aren't going to get the cash to replace them with the TR you have right now.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's what I think I'll do for now. I'm probably going to play my 250th game with the team as it is (and any good offers, preferably from teams with around four players. I'd like to win my 250th game Smile then retire Bark and see how it goes. If I still won't get any money from anywhere and my players keep dying I'll probably retire the other tree as well.

My thought then is to continue playing the team without any treemen whatsoever. Since I've had my fun now with the trees and kinda shown that my flings can be competitive with trees... How about without? Or do I really have to resort to relentless fouling then? 8^)

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason they should be retired is death!

A tree is for life, not just for breakfast.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

A fling team without trees, without fouls = without players. I don't think you'd need to throw 16 fouls in a game, but you would definitely have to put the boot to the other team's stars the few times you actually do get them to the ground. (Of course, some coaches do that all the time anyway regardless their team, but that's a different thread...)

But if you're going to do it that way, you really should retire both trees at the same time, one tree alone will not be nearly as effective and will keep your TR too high, limiting cash inflow and teams you could possibly face.

Jump to: