32 coaches online • Server time: 12:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zoone

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I got this DE lineman with Guard already (I have another LM with guard, so he is not totally unique), and now he rolled another double - And I'm having a real hard time figureing out what to give him...

I've been thinking about Dauntless, frenzy or Jump up - but on the other hand I could just be boring and pick Dodge or block since he already has Guard...

Reasonable input is welcome...

Thanks in advance Wink

Link to the player: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1691137
Link to my team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=147455
Firestata

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Migthy Blow and make him a slayer among elves
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm mighty blow might be worth it and same for dauntless. frenzy i wouldnt bother with as you can already get the witches.
overall id say probably mighty blow..... and stop rolling doubles..... leave some for me.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard makes him inactive, leaving others to block or blitz, usually.

Thats why I agree with the others, Mighty Bow. There is no other option. Besides MB will help him to gain block or dodge sooner, Id go for block then, no matther what you roll.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Given more than half your matches so far have been against other elves, MB would go a long ways. If you plan to start branching out and playing more chaos and other teams with BG's, then dauntless would be the way to go. Then spend the money on your team's first blitzer, and you should be rock steady for your next match!

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MB
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem once and gave my player Jump Up, it was great. But he was hurt before he got a third skill and that is the main problem.

Recordopedia Spluttanica
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow will hopefully get you SPPs faster; a player like that needs Blodge ASAP.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A touch off topic...but I see a lot of these "what should I take" threads..and suddenly thought "wait a minute...that means they have rolled the dice and have the skill selection box open and awaiting a choice." So how long do you wait for thread advice before clicking the answer? What if you disconnected while waiting...would you then have to re-roll and perhaps lose the doubles...or is there some other thing I am not aware of?

Oh...to get back ON topic...I would give him Stand Firm Wink Just for the surprise value of it all.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be a surprise if he had sf true... but not as much as if he took 2 heads.....

and fumbbl remembers the skill roll i think

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:

and fumbbl remembers the skill roll i think

Of course...if not NO one would EVER age Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a decision you in the end have to make, lets take a small look at the pro's and cons of each choice:

Mightyblow: the offensive choice, but not very usefull on guard players, guard players on elf teams mostly take alot of the beating, and if your playing against other elves you will need tackle on your MB'ers.

Frenzy: A very powerfull skill in the hands of an experienced coach, a doomed turnover machine in the hands of the less experienced coach, rarely take more than 2 frenzy people on your team (unless you are norse ofcourse). In the case of darkelves its a wasted double unless you dont plan on buying witchelves.

Jumpup: An offensive and defensive skill it makes you able to have your guard player in the game alot more and place him better since he will have full move when he gets up after being beat. Its also offensive because it makes your guy able to block after having been prone. AV8+jumpup+guard=win.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

MB if you ask me... MB turns the player into an SPP sink, and collects a lot of spps. this will slowly allow the rest of your team to benefit, and when he starts getting exessively big, u can retire him Smile

at the end of the day, getting the spps for block is the most important thing, and if u play against elves, try to hit opponents who have low armour *cough*... makes spps easier for some reason *wink*

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting SPPs (particularly just a measly 15) on ANY type of Elf is dead easy. They can throw completions, they can score TDs, they can throw the occasional block. With that in mind, take Jump Up or Dauntless.

Mighty blow is nice, but if he's already got guard, he's not going to be doing a lot of hitting as many coaches have already pointed out.
If he's not going to be doing a lot of hits, why give him MB?

They'll say it's because then the hits he does do count a little more.
With Jump Up, he's going to get a free block if he's not broken when people spot him and say "A guard elf without blodge.. target!"
And they will.

Dauntless is just uber handy to have on a player in the Pro, High or Dark elf teams so it's always going to be a contender.

But if you don't want/need dauntless... take the jump up.

Elves have plenty more options for SPPs than from blocks alone.
That said, i personally would've taken MB on the first double Twisted Evil
Find that guard on elf teams is a little over-rated.. what elf in right mind WANTS to stand next to the opposition? Just run up, hit them and run away giggling... true elfbowl!
 Jump to: