37 coaches online • Server time: 11:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it actually possible to keep an injury free team in Ranked?
Sure. My Orcs and Dwarves are injury free.
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
Sure. But you need at least AV 8 and very careful plays.
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Sure. If you sacrifice to Nuffle.
14%
 14%  [ 20 ]
Sure. If you only play Chaos and you only challenge Elves.
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Sure. A really good coach can keep even a Skaven team injury free.
17%
 17%  [ 24 ]
Consistent lamers and Cherry Pickers can. Others don't.
22%
 22%  [ 30 ]
No way to keep a team injury free past a certain TR (or number of games, specify below).
30%
 30%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 136

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys...

I love injury free teams.
I try to fire any player who ages, no matter what the aging roll is (i.e. -AG on a 51 spps Big Guy).
I try to fire all nigglers and replace them as soon as I have the cash.

In unranked this led to four teams (Chaos, Humans, Norse and Skaven) above TR 220, with an even higher STR, with all positionals, and with winning records. I only had some troubles with my Dark Elves, who are still trying to reach the TR200 barrier.

In Ranked I have more problems to continue this way: my first skaven team was retired after his first match (no way I could recover after 2 RIPs and a niggle), while I am managing to keep a human team (4/4/3), a Necro team (4/1/4) and an Orc team (9/8/8 ) injury free. -But I admit I only play non mutated chaos and I try to avoid dwarfs...-

How long will it last?

I wonder if someone in ranked tries to keep the team injury free no matter what, and what are the chances of success in the long run. I know most coaches keep the first niggle, and fire multi-niggled players...

what do you think about the draconian solution of firing everyone who fails aging and / or gets injured?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you fire a big guy with 51spp´s, if he gets -AG from aging? Unless your strategy is based on ball-handling big guy?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost impossible. If you're a bashy team you play against other bashers, sometimes (usually half) you will get outbashed, leading to SI and Deaths. If you're a dodger or an elf you have low armour and so it doesnt matter who hits you.

Although if an Orc or Dwarf team were to play only against elves, then probably, but they'd get beaten heavily scorewise.

Philou

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i like niggling free teams but i won't fire a clawing CW or sth like that cos he's got - AG or AV. u always need some fresh meat to put on the front line when it's turn 8 Wink
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Try playing gobbos or flings in ranked, they don't get injured, they straight out die Smile
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen it. But sooner or later a bad game+aging will make it hard for any team.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a UD team around TR/ST 250. I got 1 nigling injury on a st+ zombie. I have played a lot of bashing teams. I am über lucky about my regenration rolls! Somehow my ghouls tend to avoid injury! I give them blodge and sidstep. before anythin else
My worst enemy is aging, and I HATE it.

I would no way fire my st+ frenzy mummy if he ages and get ag-. That sir would be insane. I would consider it if it was av- ma- or even st- (he got 6 now). would be very sad however.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to go 20 odd games with my delves playing loads of races and was fine ,then 6 died in 2 games
Garaygos

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is not death. If one of your players die, you still have an injury-free team.

Niggles and -stats are the only issue.

On subject:

Keeping an injury-free team is super easy. It's keeping a winning injury-free team that is impossible, cuz sooner or later you WILL age or get hurt (crowdpush, dbl skull, 1 RR 1, etc)... the whole point is having the cash (and the will) to replace the injuried players. It's not even a matter of skill, ultimately (sure skill can help a lot, but if you're not lucky [or if your opponent is] there's nothing you can do about it). It's just dice. And sh*t happens Smile

/methinks Jan = ppn8 Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=133766

Wood Elves. Yes there is one injury on the team but it just happened and will be replaced after next game.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ageing will make it ultimately impossible*, no matter how hard you cherry pick. At high TR, it is simply a matter of time before the core of a team all reach a high level of SPP at once, and begin to age simultaneously**. Eventually you'll have to learn to live with some amount of niggling, or else rebuild the team. Short term a team that gets good winnings and suffers few RIP and niggles might get a high TR with clean players, but eventually ageing will catch up with them, even if you manage to sidestep injury.

*Of course the laws of random probability would indicate that one or two teams, out of the thousands on Fumbbl, might make it to high TR without injury - but that's just dice luck, there is no 'policy' that I can think of that would allow such a plan to be reliably and repeatedly executed.

**Of course, there is one way to 'keep' a high TR team injury free - wait until it gets to high TR, then retire any injuries, and dont' play with them further. Can't be injured or age if you don't use 'em! Smile
Ash

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there is a way but you cannot go to high TR... you ve to keep your TR low and retiring not only niggler but also player with more than 50 spps to keep low profile. In this way you can have high FF with TR < 225 and keep some good winning...

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Reach high TR injury-free...sure. I had a human team reach TR 265 with only one -agi injury on the entire squad. Then in a 3 game span I suffered 3 RIP, 5 niggles on-pitch and another 3 niggles aging, all together destroying the effectiveness of the team, as I lost every player over 16 spp. I fired everybody and rebuilt (went all the way down to TR 117!), but was never able to get above TR 200 again w/o aging and/or on-pitch injuries. All luck of the draw, dude. I can routinely get to about TR 200 with a variety of teams, but beyond that...

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, its all about firing everyone he niggles asap.

I have a 229/214 skaven team with no injuries:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=65347

Lot of niggling, but they have always been retired
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Why wouldn't you want a player like this on your roster? Become a Legend or die trying!

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Get help managing your TR with Crazy George's Accounting Service