14 coaches online • Server time: 06:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans have traditionally afforded their children the opportunity to play organized sports. Human children, wanting to be like their favorite star athlete, wanted to play Blood Bowl. Mothers were adamantly opposed to this, rightly fearing for the safety of their children. Fathers, on the other hand, were for the most part happy with the idea, especially considering that most of them wanted to be Blood Bowl players themselves and weren’t good enough. Once people got over the fact that indeed, sometimes children were seriously hurt or even killed playing Blood Bowl, it was rather widely accepted throughout humankind that this was a good way to teach young humans about the trials and tribulations of the real world. It’s tough out there, and you can die. Don’t run from your future, embrace it and live life to the fullest.

0-2 Cruncher 5 3 2 6 Block (G, S), 60K
0-2 Receiver 6 2 3 5 Catch, Dodge, Stunty (G, A), 60K
0-2 Tosser 5 2 3 6 Pass, Stunty (G, P), 50K
0-12 Kid 5 2 2 6 Stunty (G), 30K
0-1 Big Kid 4 3 3 8 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal (S), 70K

Crunchers are the hard nosed kids that coaches love. They are aggressive, and they live to smash other people. These are the kids who routinely get thrown out of school for fighting. Receivers are the fast lanky kids who can run better then the rest of the kids, but they’re pretty frail compared to their teammates. Tossers are the ones in charge, and they love to impress the girls with their long aerial displays. Kids are your basic kids, the ones who just want to play. They aren’t good enough to be a standout, but they are important to your team anyway. Big Kids, well everyone remembers that guy whose hormones started a bit early. Even at an early age, he was more adult than child. Often, he got frustrated and angry, and having no way to express his anger he would just scream out loud until he got better. Then he would go hurt someone.
--------------
This is just an idea rattling around in my head for the past few days. Wondered if it was any good or not, interested in comments of others. Thanks for taking the time to look.
celas

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate to be the first to say it, but I totally dislike it. I would start with the fact that this has nothing to do with Warhammer and you have in essence, made a -ling team. Aside from that, I do not think it is a workable idea. Yes the armor values are low, but you have made, hands down, the best passing team in stunty. AND everyone except the raged kid has access to G skills, which shoud be limited to 2 or at most 4 positional players. Conceptually, I am not even sure how it makes sense to have children as strong as full-grown adult human blitzers and with strength access. Although it would be comical to have your cruncher (kid) with ST 3, MB, and piling on, I am not aware of many 12-year-olds that can actually do that much damage....even in a world of magic. I would go further, but I think you need a more original idea....sorry :/ wish I had more positive to say about it. Maybe others will....
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can say this as positive...sort of at least. So far we've taken to massacreing the following in Blood Bowl: Midgets (flings/dwarves), Women (amazons), eh, Metrosexuals (Elves), Farm Animals (beastmen), Dogs (werewolves), other Cute Furry Animals (skaven) and even desecrating the bodies of the dead (Undead, necro, etc). I suppose it is high time we started in on the children... Laughing

Ah, and at the very least, dump the ST3 on the Crunchers, with Gen and Str access, they are powerful enough fro stunties...
seandon12

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

personnaly i think it is quite cool

it will need a lot of playtesting though

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really warhammer related. You could have undead children for example... Wink

Trif

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the idea is original, and i like it. i think that the cruncher needs to be st 2, and drop general access from at least the receivers and tossers, maybe the kids is well, but with no real big guy, i suppose they could keep that

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I you wanna play human children then play halflings..

Same shit different name.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Better than Latin Midget Elves, Smurfs, Simpson's Jokeys, and Care Bears, but I'd think I'd have an aneurysm if they were ever implemented.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Ulthuan Invitational

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be the first to say this but are you normal??

Creating a child team is perverse enough in itself, followed up by calling one a Tosser...

Edit it quick before someone reads it

1. tosser n. (100%)
Brit. vulgar slang a contemptible person (used as a general term of abuse).
(From The Concise Oxford English Dictionary in English Dictionaries & Thesauruses)

From the tome man Oxford!
Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey if someone can get away with calling a player "Date Rape" then this guy can have his 'Tosser'
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

squig_87 wrote:
Not really warhammer related.

People don't have children in Warhammer? I thought it was only Orks who propagated with spores...

Smile

/johan
Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
Although it would be comical to have your cruncher (kid) with ST 3, MB, and piling on, I am not aware of many 12-year-olds that can actually do that much damage....even in a world of magic. I would go further, but I think you need a more original idea....sorry :/ wish I had more positive to say about it. Maybe others will....

Actually I've met one 12 year old kid who was stronger than many fullgrown males. His hormones kicked in really early and he spent most of the tyme in the gym since they other kids were teasing him. Really nice chap and decent American Fotball player.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
squig_87 wrote:
Not really warhammer related.

People don't have children in Warhammer? I thought it was only Orks who propagated with spores...

Smile

/johan

Only in 40k. In warhammer orchs get children as everybode else..

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13, kudos to you for posting your team concept. I'm very excited to see that many are taking interest in the Stunty Leeg and presenting their ideas.

Concepts which do not seem to fly well include:
1) Taking a race and miniaturizing it (i.e., essentially adding 'ling to a race).
2) Presenting ideas that do not come from the Warhammer universe.

There is plenty of time before the Stunty Compendium playtesting league begins next month, so please don't get discouraged! Try to come up with a unique, balanced team with a bit of decent fluff, and try to adhere to the 2 points above.

Good first effort- keep the creative juices flowing!

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said in the original post, it was an idea that was bouncing around in my head. Didn't know if it was good or bad, so I thought I'd let others comment. Okay, so it wasn't such a great idea. It was based on the idea of rec league or Pop Warner football. And no disrespect to the Brits, but as far as I know over on this side of the pond tosser, chucker, passer all mean the same. And I know that human children aren't strictly WH, but at some point they have to recruit from somewhere.

I'll think some more. Maybe it will be good, maybe it will suck. But at least I'll think.
 Jump to: