28 coaches online • Server time: 08:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Janzki

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the great work, Rynkky.

-Douglas Adams
Sinner

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow... I still wonder why you can lock players Wink

and why are some games red??? Broken Replay?

I'll let you know for any bugs I find Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you decrese the speed? Its going on x64 and i dont have time to see it... Sad
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... sorted... Smile
Louky

Post 14 Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This update is really sweet.
Gotta love new web browsing tool. Great job _O_
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BlackBart wrote:
Quick question, since this does not seem to load JNLP files, how do you download the zip, or log files from fumbbl?

BMM was right above. Match URL is created by taking first two digits from
match ID for directory name and then adding extension .zip to match id URL (e.g. 12345 -> /12/12345.zip).

Fetching the matches is done using data inteface made available by Christer. I can fetch list of matches in XML using specific GET URLs.

-Rynkky
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
Wow... I still wonder why you can lock players Wink

and why are some games red??? Broken Replay?

I'll let you know for any bugs I find Very Happy

Well if you want to be able to see skills a player has you can lock him/her and then browse through skills or even see what the skills do by placing mouse over a skill name and waiting few seconds for popup to appear.

Red matches are matches that were conceded. When match is in red there's "- Conceded" text after casualties under team that conceded. I was going to create an animated white flag but as I am not an artist I found that too tough.. maybe Barnlato will make me a non-animated version .. gotta ask him at least.

-Rynkky
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DanTitan76 wrote:
How do you decrese the speed? Its going on x64 and i dont have time to see it... Sad

This is something I need to fix and it is on my TODO list under "UI improvements". Currently it is possible to change replay speed only when the match is being played. I will try to create a better UI with possibility to change replay speed even when paused.

-Rynkky
Sinner

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I love this thingy so much Very Happy

THANK YOUUUUUU

now only backward and recen and....

/me goes of mumbling to find work for other ppl Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for ignoring BrownRob. It was not intentional, I just missed your post first.

brownrob wrote:
just wondering, is it possible to display the post game results (like in the JBB client?)?

In theory yes, but currently JBBR does not contain this feature. If you mean the final results when the game is over, those are stored in zip file as HTML and thus can be easily accessed by JBBR if need to be.

brownrob wrote:
and can it create a result zip file

What kind of zip file?

brownrob wrote:
I am just asking this, as i am in charge of the FUMBBL premiership and as such, i use the match report zip files and up;load them to Mahtais' LeagueManager to find the rushing/blocking/fouling stats etc for each team. Unfortunately, only a few have actually sent me the Zip files!

Just wondering if you were planning on adding such a feature, it would be a lifesave for the likes of me, my league has 190 matches to play!!!

As I am not familiar with Mahtais' LeagueManager I cannot say much about this. BUT if you can give me detailed requirements I can see what I can do to issue at hand.

brownrob wrote:
Thanks, and im very impressed with your work. I wish i had 10% of your talent! Smile

Thanks. I am glad that you're enjoying the replayer! Smile

-Rynkky
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:

THANK YOUUUUUU

Heh .. great that you like it!

Bckward play will be available in 0.4.0 but what do you mean with recen??

-Rynkky
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just tried it, the upload from FUMBBL feature is just gravy...one suggestion would be that it would play just about perfectly at x3.0 speed. Smaller increments at the slower playback speeds would be nice, generally. Apart from that, it already beats Christer's original replayer by a fair margin. Nice job Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Great toy, thanks Rynkky.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rynkky wrote:
Sinner wrote:

THANK YOUUUUUU

Heh .. great that you like it!

Bckward play will be available in 0.4.0 but what do you mean with recen??

-Rynkky

Should read recent... nothing serious

But! Just watched a replay with a blitz kick off result. Well, actually it "looks" as if the ball is lying in the square from where it will bounce another square. So far the replayer looks very much like the client, why not this nifty small blue square for the ball final scatter while resolving kick off results?

Also, I don't know whether it's just me, but I'd like to get a message box with the kick off results (if possible), maybe optional somewhere...

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Really great work, thank you!

So far, I could replay everything without difficulties, awesome job!

I have some minor suggestions for improvements to the UI and a personal feature request. First the UI-thingies:

I second the Kick-Off-Result Pop-Up (make a button next to where the weather-display is. Hovering over it/pressing it will pop-up the Handicaps and the last Kick-Off-Result. Even nices would be icons for this, but I understand anyone who can't make icons [I can't...]).

In addition to the possibility of scrolling (which is nifty, btw) in the BH/SI-Boxes, hovering over them should display a pop-up with all player names and possibly the positions.

There should be a menu with text (File->Open from File, File->Open from Web/Preferences->Set Speed/Preferences->Set Website) at the top following the usual UI-guidelines in addition to the buttons.

Shortkeys for common functions (Load, Play, Forward, Backwards, Faster, Slower) would be nice.

Now something which might not be too useful for FUMBBLers:

For leagues other than FUMBBL, you should publish how the replayer parses things for the replays listings (i.e. what does my website need to output for the replayer to display a correct listing) and include the possibility of specifying a website different from fumbbl. Consider publishing a DTD/XML-Schema for the listings so people can provide it as XML. Open interfaces are a Good Thing Very Happy.

I also submitted a feature request concerning packaging the whole thing including data-files in a single, runnable .jar.

Again, awesome work!!

PS: I offer my help with coding/packaging if you want it.

Jump to: