42 coaches online • Server time: 19:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You can create a Dwarf or Orc team with... uh...

Sorry, but be honest, at least with yourselves. When you restrict Av to 8, you're no longer a no-fouling league, you're an elfball league. Amazons? Shit, I've seen them playing elfball with the best of them. Norse? Please. Yeah, allowing only the two worst bashing teams definitely makes you a league united in the spirit of non-fouling. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by HollowOne on %b %20, %2005 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

HollowOne wrote:
You can create a Dwarf or Orc team with... uh...

And you can only play BB if you play Orcs or dwarves?

That´s your opinion Hollow. Then don´t apply. It´s optional. The point is that this leauge exists and we intend to play it. If you wan´t to point out what you see as flaws then tell it to someone who cares. If you feel that it´s elfball that´s too bad for you. We however have another opinion in that matter.

Last edited by Nordmark on %b %20, %2005 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hyperbole! I know you're clutching at straws when you're reaching for those!

No, you can play Bloodbowl without Orcs or Dwarves, or any other of those Av 9 nasties. It's what is commonly nicknamed "elfball".

So, you're not a purely non-fouling league, you're an elfball league. Accept it, because that's what's going to become apparent to anyone who looks at the group.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

All I see is you digging your own grave. As I have said many many times before. If you don´t like the leauge then you don´t have to join.

To quote Mezir: "However this is different as it is a league structure in unranked. The same applies to all teams in their league, so within their league it is fair. As long as everyone plays to win."

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Digging my own grave? Very Happy You really like sounding melodramatic, don't you?

I never said I wanted to play in it -- and seeing the level of intellectual honesty ambient in those who have, I don't think I shall.

That being said, the fact that I don't want to play in your league doesn't stop me from pointing out the obvious: if it were truly about "not fouling", as its name implies it is, you wouldn't restrict Av to 8. Instead, you restrict it to 8 because you want to play elfball. I'm not preventing you from playing elfball, but you seem to be trying to fool yourself into believing that this isn't an elfball league.

There's nothing wrong with elfball, or preferring it over bashing games. However, claiming you're not an elfball league when you are... well... that says ample quantities about your capacity for self-appraisal. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

We obviously have different opinions in this matter so there isn´t really any point in continuing the discussion.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you want to have fun in the league, just make a skaven team and fill it with guys with razor claws/mb. sure no fouling but the low av should let you own them hard.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

A Chaos team with a minotaur and no Chaos Warriors should also work nicely.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
We obviously have different opinions in this matter so there isn´t really any point in continuing the discussion.

Oh, I'm sure we could derive more amusement from this. You could start a Colour league, claim Black is White, and then tell anyone who disagrees that they don't have to join!

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you all done? Your opinons have been noted, trust me, they have been noted. We thank you for your concern. Now let's put this conversation somewhere else, preferably in the bin. This thread exists to recruit teams to our league, not to be used as a flame war. If you have opinions about our league I suggest you start a new thread about it and stop using this one.

Thank you very much.

Oh, and you can still make an orc team. Just fill it with gobbos =)
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

HollowOne wrote:
Nordmark wrote:

Oh, I'm sure we could derive more amusement from this. You could start a Colour league, claim Black is White, and then tell anyone who disagrees that they don't have to join!

You never give up do you?
If you wish to continue this discussion Hollow then contact me in chat. This isn´t the place for it.

And as some has discovered the AV rule doesn´t take away the possibilities. It only gives you opportunity to create other interesting teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'd rather contract aids than play Elfbowl
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh*

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'd rather contract aids than play Elfbowl

For crying out loud, cant you just let it be? Noone is forcing you to join the league. Btw, AIDS? Real funny
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

HollowOne wrote:
But you're not a non-fouling league anymore. You're an elfball league. This is misadvertisement.

Actually isn't it misappropriation? Probabilly spelled that wrong. This whole league is hillarious. Hollow one is correct. Can you change the name to: Low AV league (LAVL)?Or- I want to be able to dodge away from everyone league (IWTBATDAFEL)? I don't like bashy teams league (IDLBTL)? They already used Elf ball. You shouldn't call it the No Fouling League (NFL). I am totally on side with hollow one.
I guess its all cool to make any league you want, with any rules, but you advertised this as a Non fouling league for good sportmanship. What does that have to do with AV 8? Just admit that and we'll leave you alone. Easy enough. Its another Elf ball league. If it grinds your coffee thats cool. What ever. Just admit it.

Jeffro
 Jump to: