41 coaches online • Server time: 13:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=82877

what should I do with them?

I took games as people asked me and, after taking a look back, it wasn't even bashy team and I end with a negative result.

My wardancer aged. Me catcher suffered a niggling.

Should I retire? But if I do, I will end up very undermanned!

Stay and replace as early as possible?

Keep and complete roster?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

mm, maybe you just retire the catcher, you have two good ones, and this guy only has one skill so far.
I would keep the Wardancer, at least, as long as you have enough money to replace him..
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Retire all three nigglers - They are nothing special. Elves do fine playing a little short, and it will make it easier to recover by playing against a lower TR team, and you may do a bit better on winnings as well. Long term, you know you will need to drop those guys, so do it now before one of them rolls doubles. You don't need them gaining SPP that your healthy players want.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say retire the catcher and the dp at least. perhaps you should keep the wardancer on board for 1 or 2 more games. I personally don't like being understaffed at the start ot a match with woodies, since they tend to get hurt then. Put the wardancer on the LOS every kick-off. I fhe gets hurt again it's no loss.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely chuck the catcher. He's a one-skill guy, you can get that in half a game. If you retire him now, before your next game, your TR will go down a good 10 pts without budging your TS, making for an easier game and more winnings by being in the next lower bracket. Then stick the two niggles on the LOS this next game, and refuse to apo them if they get further hurt. You only need 40k more to get a new lineman, at which point retire the DP. Your team is still largely intact and game-winnable, even if you retired all the nigglers and had only 9 players strong--woodies, esp with those two catchers, can win games with half that many players.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

16 games 0 cas for the Tree? what's wrong with him?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Set yourself a limit on the number of niggles that you are willing to tolerate on your team. For me, it's two or three, and only if there is something special about the niggled player. Start retiring players when you get above that. I'd definitely retire the catcher and DP. When you get enough cash, replace the WD.

Wood elves do better at lower TR, regardless. There's less tackle and MB on opponent's teams, letting your WD run wild.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
16 games 0 cas for the Tree? what's wrong with him?

Nothing. He's just doing his job, soaking up hits and keeping the AV7 stars safe. Good tree. Have a cookie.

The niggled WD isn't anything particularly special (2 regular skill rolls), so I'd dump the other niggled players (you can save to replace them first, if you're more comfortable with a larger roster... I'd rather keep a small one, personally) and start saving to replace the WD. In the meantime, try to focus on other players... use the niggled WD for assists and as part of the screen, for example. Maybe as a mid-fielder who catches the ball and moves up to hand off to someone in scoring position (rather than throwing or scoring himself). Anything to keep those SPPs on the other players until you buy a replacement.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

so that's what I summarize:
1-a proposition of dropping the 3 niggler. However if I start a game with 10 guys, my chances to win are pretty low AND I really risk another injurys.
2-dropping the catcher. Right he's MNG so I drop 10TR and get 10k more. Not a bad option at all. Replace by a lineman.
3-dropping the DP? yay how do I foul then?

Beside I wonder if woodies are really so good. I feel like they need to cherrypick a lot to win games.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i would fire all 3 N and take it from there, would take rating down aswell might get you some easy games
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you foul with a woodie team without dp?

You don't.

I think starting a foul war with woodies is generally a bad idea. It's just about the only aspect of the game they are absolutely going to lose at.

If you are worried about getting fouled: stay away from teams with dp. I do and still easily find enough good games to be considered an absolute addict by many people (first and foremost my girlfriend:P)
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop 2 of the 3 niggles, keep the Wardancer until you can replace him.

Will give you a lower TR, 11 players, of which only 1 niggled.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Cut the nigglers and lower your TR. Find a recovery game and hope you win it. Replace players as you have the $. Game on.
 Jump to: