69 coaches online • Server time: 23:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
braulio

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

that got mid rating quick - after three games. it also got 2wd quick, they are both rookie, and it has 3 +ma linemen, 1 guard lineman, and the rest are rookie linemen. what to do?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=151270

luka
Fama

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Give me yer password. Wanna!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry your little head about it... You appear to have been very lucky on the cas front in the first three game (right now you are +). A game versus some more orcs or dwarfs will probably lower that TS quite nicely.

At this stage the 3 +ma would be more useful had you chosen block. That said in the long term this will be one fast team that will be hard to hold from scoring... providing they live.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

A match where a toughness based team concedes against wood elves is a rare event, I guess. Though I encountered the same when my wood elf team, which had only 9 players, was in the lead with 3:0 at halftime. I don't know why the opposing coach conceded and put his dwarf team in the trash bin.

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Although normally I espouse getting a first skill on all players before working on second and third skills, I think in your case you'll be better off getting those +ma guys touchdowns asap to get them block before the others. This will not only be easier due to their high mv, but also they're more valuable by virtue of their speed and need better protection, meaning either block or dodge. I'd probably give those guys dodge first, and block to the regular linemen, as the higher mv guys will be able to move all over for assists. As for "only rookie" wardancers, even rook WD's are better than half the super-star players of other types. So use them as the deep safeties and emergency blitzers, not bothering to score with them until everybody else has a skill or two.

For purchases, get your 4th reroll next, then a thrower, then your 5th reroll, then replace anybody who's injured (on-pitch or aging), and then, ONLY THEN, do you get your first catcher. By this point all the lineelves should have two or three skills to protect the catchers, good wardancers to blast open holes for the catchers to run through, and a thrower to deliver it to wherever. If you get them too early, though, they'll tend to suck up the spp's too much, leaving you getting higher and higher TR with comparitively weaker and weaker linemen unless they have skills as well, leaving you prey to more balanced teams. Sure, you might win at that point, but if you take it slow, you're more likely to in addition survive the contest.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting team. Getting a tree for your next purchase would be a good idea - he stops you losing line elves on the LOS. Also you don't really need the catchers as much with all those +MAs around.

In fact I'd probably start trying to buy a couple more RR after the tree too (if you can keep the team alive).

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

8 3 4 7... access to general and agility skills... sounds like an elven catcher to me.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

A better catcher than you'll find on any non-elven team

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

update of the team, a lino got guard and -ag in a 40% luck game vs chaos, where i rolled dozens of 11, and than i had luck again playing we that conceded..

what to do now. not to much dodge or block, no kick, but 3 guards, 3 ma+1, and one blocker and now 4rr
mUst

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

11, wow, +ag nice gratz Smile "joke"
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest getting block as quickly as you can on the rest of the linos, you can't really maximise the effect of the guards without it. With the 3 +ma guys I agree you don't really need a catcher at the moment, so just try and get the rest of them skilled up (including the wardancers).

You may want to think about buying a tree next, you have enough rerolls for now I reckon, and while you've been very lucky on the casualty front, that probably won't last for long.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

oh my... 3 guard...3 mv+... nice luck with the skill rolls...

indeed u need to get some block on that team soon, or you will be beaten to pulp...
braulio

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, one guard dead, 7 bh, but a win against very lucky orc team.

got one skill roll, and guard again Smile

luka

have 100k, what to do. i was thinking of getting a tree, but i'm 10k short.. any ideas?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

With 12 players, I'd save and get the tree next game. Speaking of next game, be sure to try to set up the players who are close to skilling. Focus on getting some completions and TDs with #s 2, 3, 9 and 11. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get SPPs on the wardancers.... they sort of gravitate to them naturally.

Looks like you might have some trouble in the short term, with no kick or block or dodge, but long term is looking very bright. Nice team.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Get a tree asap and score with youl linemen as much as you can.
In the end they all need at least block and preferably blodge to survive
 Jump to: