39 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pirog

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2008 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to stick to quoting LRB4 in the future, Thyrreks Wink
Erod

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just some quick comments, played the first 2 games with these little bastards. They are quite nice, mostly because I like the theme, but the roster feel like they need a few tweaks here and there (as does about all of the stunty teams, but that is another matter). I have to play some more (and more stunty) to get a better feeling of it. So nothing to comment on the tweaking side yet. Just some props to the original team designer Smile
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have found the spiders to be verry efective move 7 shadowing is kinda sick in stunty.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
HunterX

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It is quite nice, though I've had it fail on more than one occasion, lol. I'm certainly having better luck with these than with the Horrors.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2008 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

HunterX wrote:
Forest Goblin access to the Wizard has been sorted.

I can`t hire wiz with my forest goblins. I have enough cash to do that and button which says hure, but... nothing happens.

I would like very much to try fireball in stunty:)

Motskari
HunterX

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2008 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I know. I had a PM into Christer about it (as well as correcting the cost of hiring Fumlig) but I will shoot him another as a reminder.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello All.

I have been holding off commenting for as long as I could, but I got to say that I think the Forest Gobs need something. Folks don't seem to be playing them much, however, those that do seem to be doing pretty well with them (at least better than the luck I have had with them).

With the low armor (which as painful as it is, is fluff, so keep it) and insufficent strength to deal well with Big Guys, what I think they need is:

A Gigantic Spider

And who wouldn't?

0-1 Gigantic Spider - 5 5 2 8 Very Stupid, Frenzy, Tentacles, Mighty Blow, Big Guy, Side Step, No Hands, Two Heads. Strength Access. 110,000.

I think this offers a unique big guy that fits into the team concept, as well as, helps anchor the team a bit. Since it is not ridden, it needs to be tended into doing what the team needs (Very Stupid), but when properly motivated it can be very dangerous (Frenzy, Mighty Blow). With those eight legs it can easily move to where you don't want it, all those legs and sticky webs act like Tentacles. It can't carry the ball, but with all those legs it is still pretty hard to trip up (Two Heads).

(Design concept created with assistance from Quetzacoatl)

Any takers?

-FerretBitten
mightyblow

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, Tentacles & Side Step? Thats an awful lot of useful skills for a BG.
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

That spider is just a little to buff I think. I've struggled with my forest goblins and admit that I would love something to hold the line and help out against mulitiple big guy teams, (espeically nurglings with the guards) but this guy would likely be the most powerful big guy in stunty. He's like a beast of nurgle and minotaur combined only with sidestep. In addition he'll be making 0+ dodges after getting break tackle, that's a 2+ dodging into two tackles zones, with tentacles, I'd risk not having the reroll to tie up a couple of key stunties for the rest of the play. I would drop both frenzy and tentacles(they're already used, make it unique), if you had to give him something to make up for it I think one of pass block, shadowing or surefeet would be more appropriate, not totally powerful but nice when it works every few games. Also get rid of no hands... if a beast of nurgle can carry the ball (abeit badly) in it's tentacles a big spider should be able to drag it around too. Despite the violence aspect of bloodbowl every player should still be capable of ball handling... if you can't pick up the ball how can the team even pretend to the officals that they are not cheating? People mistake No Hands for a negatrait but it just something used by the client to make things work and should not be tossed out at will.

My choice would be...

0-1Gigantic Spider - 5 5 2 8 Very Stupid, Mighty Blow, Big Guy, Side Step, Pass Block, Two Heads. Strength Access. 110,000.

A relatively agile and mobile big guy without actually having a high agility who can get in the way of important plays... plus I love the thought of an eshin assassin tossing the ball to an open reciever only to have a spider bigger than him leap into the sky and catch it like a fly Smile
Geenimetsuri

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1Gigantic Spider - 5 5 2 8 Very Stupid, Mighty Blow, Big Guy, Very Long Legs, Pass Block, Two Heads. Strength Access. 110,000.

Keeping with the theme... Wink
Jabberwocky

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d like that. It´s true that Forest Goblins need a little bit more Strenght. (I thought of making those spider-riders str4) A nice Bigguy would be a really good idea.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Some interesting ideas, but I don't get Two Heads? There's no rider...

Maybe something like:

0-1Giant Spider 110K 5 5 2 8 Big Guy, Extra Arms, Multiple Block, Really Stupid, Very Long Legs S

Although I really think all that's needed is to give the Spider Riders AG 3.

Last edited by Craftnburn on Mar 13, 2008 - 16:27; edited 1 time in total
SvenS

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Too many skills IMO, but a RS huge spider seems like an ok idea to me.
Jabberwocky

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Some interesting ideas, but I don't get Two Heads? There's no rider...

As it is not my proposal I can´t say if it really was the thought behind it, but:

A giant spider would have eight eyes, as all spiders have. Those face in different directions and surely make dodging easier. (And btw: Snotling Heroes only have one head, but they have the trait too)
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I got some shut eye, when I woke up I realized that Tentacles and Two Heads was unnecessary for the Gigantic Spider. No Hands may well not be a Negatrait, but it is appropriate and acts in the place of one.

I'd like to keep Frenzy, but losing it wouldn't lose the concept of the Spider. The original idea came from how spiders move and attack, I wanted something to move like a spider across the screen (ok, I am easily amused). I was also interested in the idea of it needing a tender (Very Stupid) but the Frenzy possibly putting it in a position that a tender wouldn't want to move into. The key, it seems to me, is actually a big guy with side step, giving it spider like movements. Very long legs is certainly appropriate, but if you stick with the No Hands not all that useful, just increase the move. The Extra Arms, also appropriate but begs the question of how well this thing should be able to handle the ball.

So I imagine it breaks down one of two ways. With No Hands, and without. In my mind it is animal on the pitch (I await the yells and screams) and like Squigs have no interest in the pigskin, just the yummy stunty flesh.

0-1 Gigantic Spider 6 5 2 8 Very Stupid, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Side Step, Frenzy, No Hands. Strength Access. Maybe 100,000K.

or, if you really want to give the Forest Gobs reinforcement for the line, and don't like the Frenzy idea, you can imagine that all that chitin makes for good armor.

0-1 Gigantic Spider 6 5 2 9 Very Stupid, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Side Step, No Hands. Stregth Access.
----

The point about boosting the riders up to str 4 or up to agi 3 are sound and not necessary exclusive of the Big Guy. My concern here is two fold, 1) the Forest Gobs get beat up pretty easily, at a cost that doesn't quite equal the schick they currently have and 2) not alot of people are playing Forest Gobs and a new shiny Big Guy would help.

-FerretBitten
 Jump to: