40 coaches online • Server time: 00:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
origami

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my final roster that I'm going to submit. Thanks to everyone who has posted comments - I've considered each of them seriously.

Forest Goblins

0-12 Forest Goblins 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty 40k (A)

0-2 Forest Goblin Thrower 6/2/3/5 Pass 60k (A,P)

0-4 Forest Goblin Catcher 8/1/3/5 Dodge, NOS, Stunty 50k (A)

0-2 Spider Rider 6/4/2/8 Big Guy, Bonehead, Two Heads, Shadowing 120k (G,A)

Rerolls 60k

Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No

Star Player

Niggla Glasstoes 8/3/3/5 Star, Block, Dodge, NOS, Extra Arms, Catch, Stunty 70k
Bugga Blackstaff 5/2/3/6 Star, Foul appearance, Hypno gaze, Dirty Player, Stunty 50k

Thmbscrws: There wasn't much in your post that I could actually use."Broken as hell" doesn't really help unless you make some specific suggestions to unbreak it. Plus, I disagree on your assessment of these guys as being like skinks. Skinks don't pass. Every skink on the field is the stunty equivalent of an orc and an elf rolled into one. These guys have tough linos, but the positionals are extremely fragile...including the spiders when compared to other Big Guys. Skinks have poison daggers...these guys don't. The spiders are quite good...but not nearly as good as the reroll using, AV9, block, tackle, breaktackle sauruses. However, I have decreased the Spider's power a little...and may do so even more after some play testing.

Mindwright: Some good suggestions on your part. Your catchers are better than my runners, and I appropriated them wholesale (except for price). I also dropped Right Stuff. With the throwers, I'm afraid that dropping Strong Arm without making some other sort of adjustment would mean that they would never actually get used as throwers. Instead, people would just pick the ball up with one of the runners then pass it off - skink tactics. Instead, I've taken away both Strong Arm and Stunty, but reduced their armor by two to keep their fragility. Your idea on the spiders was very interesting, but having no players with access to block or tackle would make defense almost impossible.

Mutescreamer: Dropped Ironfang (who actually is an uber spider rider), kept the other. I figure that a scoring team can afford to have an scoring machine as star player. I added in a Shaman star - pretty much straight from PBateman's suggestion. I added in Dirty Player because I love the image of an ugly old goblin maniacally whacking a fallen foe with his staff.

Smess: Ag 2 it is, which significantly reduces their ball handling potential. However, these guys are meant to be mobile, part of which means dodging away from the bigger, uglier, bashier big guys of other teams. Therefore, I gave them the two heads trait (they don't actually have two heads, this is just used to boost dodging). I see these guys as a huge hunting spider - if you've ever watched a hunting spider, you know how fast and agile these things can be when they spot prey.

PBateman: Dropping the throwers would completely negate what makes the team unique - the ability to pull off a passing game. That would mean going back to the drawing board completely...which I leave to you. Smile

Last edited by origami on Mar 10, 2005 - 03:11; edited 1 time in total
Lazerus101

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like this idea, it brings something new to stunty rather than the run run or bash bash which most other teams seem to suffer from. I agree that the spiders need some sort of dodging ability since spiders are NIMBLE as hell when they want to be.
Also really like the shamen Star Player Smile
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

At the request of origami, this team has been deemed ready for playtesting and has been added to the Stunty Compendium.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Per origami, this team will not be included in the next round of stunty playtesting. It will, however, remain in the Stunty Compendium for anyone to playtest if desired.

Regards,
~hunter

Last edited by hunter on Jun 28, 2006 - 23:13; edited 1 time in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Did this ever go anywhere, I love the idea of forest goblins, especially the spider riders, they sound refreshing. Any progress?

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:

Forest Goblins

0-12 Forest Goblins 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty 40k (A)

0-2 Forest Goblin Thrower 6/2/3/5 Pass 60k (A,P)

0-4 Forest Goblin Catcher 8/1/3/5 Dodge, NOS, Stunty 50k (A)

0-2 Spider Rider 6/4/2/8 Big Guy, Bonehead, Two Heads, Shadowing 120k (G,A)

Was wondering what folks thought of having the riders be like Fumlig Da Venomous:
Fumlig da Venomuz Spida
Cost MA ST AG AV
50000 6 2 3 7
Teams Goblin Cheaters, Squig Herders
Skills & Traits Dodge, Tentacles
Secret Weapons Poisoned Dagger

But more along the lines of (6237 Wild Animal, Dodge, Two Heads (spider+rider), Leap, Poison Dagger/120000/A) as hunting spiders tend to pounce on their prey and then deliver a poisonous bite.

In addition, I don't see how a goblin catcher can have as great a move as skinks. I'd drop the move by one.

Also, why do the standard forest goblins have higher armor? I didn't think they wore any? And don't they have spears or javelins (stakes)? Is this something to consider instead of the non-fluff type throwers/catchers?

Origami has not been on in 37 weeks so what does the community think?

Last edited by HunterX on Dec 05, 2007 - 06:19; edited 2 times in total
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

On a non important note spider riders do have 2 heads, one spider and one goblin.
Does look like an interesting team although the catchers with Nerves of Steel and Stunty seem awfully good as catchers I suppose the team doesn't really have much else going for it.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Forest Goblins is a great idea for a team, but I think this roster (especially considering it's age) isn't really the best.
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

A passing game is not a bad idea for stunty. I am not sure about this roster.

At minimum:

I like your changes to the riders but I'd also drop the Two Heads if you are gonna keep the AG at 3.

Drop the AV of the Forest Goblin to 6.

Drop the MV of the Catcher to 6 (if you keep NOS), and 7 if you drop it.

FerretBitten
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a more Fluffy version that incorporates the new version of the Spider Riders:

0-2 Spider Rider 100K 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Leap, Poison Dagger, Two Heads, Wild Animal (A)
0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 70k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (G,A)
0-4 Forest Goblin Stika 70k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A)
0-12 Forest Goblins 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty 40k (A)

Last edited by Craftnburn on Dec 05, 2007 - 06:42; edited 2 times in total
tenpole

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I like craftburns roster best.
Fizban

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This team looks quality and fun. I agree with all of MindWright's suggestions as well as Smess' suggestion of moving the spider rider to AG2. As for the thrower, do take the 'shaman' suggestion. It fits the GW fluff better (which is fluff I love) and lets you give the 'passer' something interesting instead of strong arm. Keep passing skills on the shaman, though.

Fiz
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

the originally suggested roster is cool...but Craftnburn's is much better and looks like a ton of fun. A great roster to replace regular Goblins with.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Here's a more Fluffy version that incorporates the new version of the Spider Riders:

0-2 Spider Rider 100K 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Leap, Poison Dagger, Two Heads, Wild Animal (A)
0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 70k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (G,A)
0-4 Forest Goblin Stika 70k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A)
0-12 Forest Goblins 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty 40k (A)

Perfectly passable, if perhaps a little unexciting.

I loved Shadowing on the Spiders in the original proposal, and it could be fun to have a Gnoblar setup for this team, with a choice of two out of three different spiders (a hunting spider, a poisonous spider and a web spider).

70K for the Stikas is a little excessive -- 60 at the most, possibly just 50. Same for the Shaman.
Khaan

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2007 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the forest goblin idea!

Some spider ideas:

0-1 Web spider rider 4418 Bone head, thick skull, no hands, mighty blow, tentacles, two heads (S) - 110k

An old cranky spider that the goblins prodded out of some dark cave. The smallest of the goblins got goaded into sitting atop the spider and in a total terrified state tries to control the spider, ie no hands and bone head. Pretty durable with av8, but no dodge cause this is one sluggish arachnia. However, has (S) access and MB to start, so if it skills up to 51 it gets access to fun skills.

0-1 Hunting spider rider 6337 Wild animal, frenzy, no hands, dodge, shadowing, two heads (A) - 120k

Fast blitzer type spider with a goblin hanging on for his life. Unruly with a sharp hunting instinct, and almost unstoppable once it befalls its prey.

0-1 Poison spider rider 5237 Bone head, no hands, dodge, poison dagger, two heads, jump up (A) - 100k

Like johan suggested, you get to pick max 2 of these guys.

The Boyz
 Jump to: