44 coaches online • Server time: 11:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jabberwocky

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2008 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

GreySeerFerretBitten wrote:
Maybe 100,000K.

100.000.000 Goldpieces could be a bit overpriced. Wink
Pirog

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my first forest goblin match vs Eshins and I gotta say, that wasn't a positive experience. I'm not sure the forest gobs are to blame though, but losing 3 players every kickoff due to those daggers made the match feel a hell of a lot like the amazon vs dwarf version of stunty league. I was reasonably lucky but was still completly dismantled. What ended with 2 niggles might as well have been 6 or 7 cripples or RIP's.

Besides the forest goblins feeling extremly fragile I think it was a fun team though, but I wonder if it won't be a real challenging keeping them alive in the long run with no players around to take punishment.

My "I won't play Eshin outside of tournaments" disclaimer will remain though. God I hate that damn team. It's an abomination against certain teams despite being nerfed.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog, like Shadow said during speccing your game, stupidest thing to do is mark the daggers Razz
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with them seeming too fragile. I am keeping it in mind for possible revision.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2008 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

In January I wrote:
But do you guys think that the team is powerful enough? Sure, the Spider Rider is pretty useful to hunt the ball with, but the rest of the team has low to very low AV, and limited bashing power.

Now HunterX wrote:
I agree with them seeming too fragile. I am keeping it in mind for possible revision.

Told you so... Wink
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2008 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, all this is without extensive analysis, simply my feel from playing the team:

Stikkas may be a bit overpriced. The forest goblin line is a goblin with one less AV, costing the same. A stikka is a forest goblin with half of a mighty blow yet they cost 60K. Reducing this to 50K could work, or, alternatively increasing Stikka armor to 7 (not thrilled with the fluff, but it would also help the team fragility).

Just throwing out some ideas.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks!
After playing like 600 stunty matches (yes, I am Stunty addicted Very Happy) I decided to make a Forest Gobbo team; just to see them in action as no other coach seems to play em. I played now 14 matches with these fellows, which makes them one of the 10th oldest Forest Goblin teams(!!!). None of any other races are beeing played less I think. Why is that so...?

Let's take a closer look:
First of all, they are a very nice idea and are able to win a game. The Spider Riders are a unique position as the Shamans are.
What makes Stunty so much fun? Right, a lot of casualities and funny situations on the pitch as well as using secret weapons and fouling orgies.
No doubt, you will have a bloody game with Forest Goiblins, but sadly you will see mostly their blood.
This race has nearly no bashing power.
2 Spider Riders with ST3; no G access and just AV7, at least not stunty.
2 Shamans with G access, but just AV6.
4 Stikkas with no G access and a +1 modifier onto opponents AV roll, also weak AV6.
Lineman comparable with common Goblins for same price but one AV less.

I wanna go more into detail about my experiences of the positions:
Spider Riders (90k - A,S access):
They are more or less the key players of the team. MA7, ST3 with Shadowing is very nice to have. Leap is kinda useless, but actually a nice idea. Two Heads makes them adequate dodgers, especially while they have the Dodge skill as well. Bonehead hurts on them (costed me 2 games in a row with a double 1 in T16 to score with them for win/tie) and losing their tackle zone means losing the Shadowing skill.
Development: Mighty Blow, Guard, Break Tackle, Side Step, Catch, Sure Feet, Multiple Block; Doubles: Block, Tackle, Pro, Stand Firm, Jump Up
Suggestions on Spider Riders: they can be kept the way they are, even with the Leap skill, which I may use every 10th match 1 time

Shamans (70k - G,A access):
Classical Stunty with 6236, but with G access and Hypnotic Gaze, which can be quite funny/good, but works by far not as often as using a Vampire (4+ chance of success). Hyp Gaze means they will stand next to a guy you wanna escape from usually, so next turn he will have a shot at your Shaman which usually makes you close your eyes and pray he won't hurt your 70k player.
Development: Block, Tackle, Dirty Player, Sure Hands, Side Step, Diving Tackle, Sure Feet, Shadowing; Doubles: Dauntless, Guard, Jump Up
Suggestions on Shamans: 70k is too much cost on a AV6 fragile fellow! A Chaos Fling Head Carver has one MA less, no Hypnotic Gaze, but is not Stunty(!) and costs just 60k. As Forest Goblins at all have a more substandart AV value as a team, I suggest to give em an additional AV for that price or add Foul Appearence (they look mystic and somehow strange).

Stikkas (60k - A access):
Stikkas are common Lineman, but with a secret weapon adding +1 on AV rolls. This weapon is nice to have, but with 60k too overpriced as you still need a POW to get this little bonus. In math it means you need 3 2d blocks to get one POW in average. Stunty players do around 1-5 blocks each in average within one game. With their low AV of 6 they will leave the field soon, so +20k for a just a +1 roll on AV is way to much. Also the secret weapon means they can be spotted and removed from the game by the ref - and believe me, you need every single player on that team.
Development: Side Step, Diving Tackle, Sure Feet; Doubles Block, Tackle, Pro
Suggestions on Stikkas: They definitely need a boost. +1 AV, G access or -10k costs imho, maybe even Dauntless.

Forest Goblins (40k - A access):
Basically Goblins with 1 AV less or Flings with +1 MA. 40k are quite expensive, but not that much overrated. Anyway, in combination of the low armor of the whole team, 40k seems to much to refill their lines.
Development: Diving Tackle, Side Step, Sure Feet; Doubles: Dirty Player, Block, Tackle
Suggestions on Forest Goblins: Lower the price to 30k or add some kind of skill on em, like Strip Ball, Thick Skull, +AV or +MA.

In general I think I can answer the question I asked above: Forest Goblins aren't played much, because they have a huge lack of bashing power and are not really cheap at all. They have major problems vs Big Guys - no own Big Guy, nor any Dauntless or Secret Weapons (like Bombs, Chainsaw) to bring them down. They are quite fast, but even faster removed from the pitch.
Adding a Giant Spider (as mentioned above from other coaches) is a very good idea and hardly needed to stand against other races.
The team has a good theme and it would be great to see em more often on the pitch.

Just my 2 cents, gogo Forest Gobbos!

Last edited by Markusen on Jun 23, 2009 - 10:28; edited 2 times in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:
Suggestions on Stikkas:...maybe even Dauntless.

Dauntless on the Stikka's is an interesting idea....

It would help the team to handle Big Guys but the low AV and Illegal roll would keep them from being too good...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah - is there a need for Forrest Gobbos to get better? I like them rubbish, they're still fun.

In the same way you shouldn't wield the nerf stick too easily, something has to be best (/me glares at LRB5/6 etc.), I think FGs are fun pants.

I suppose much depends on whomever comes in and what direction he goes in.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think they'd still be among the weakest teams, but at least the carnage might go both ways. Plus I think Dauntless Stikka's would give the coach a nice tactical choice to make... A) Use the Stakes to take out low av stunties, or B) Use Dauntless to take on the higher AV big guys...

(And I just love the mental image of a crowd of Forest Goblins surrounding a Big Guy and poking it with sticks!)
Markusen

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
(And I just love the mental image of a crowd of Forest Goblins surrounding a Big Guy and poking it with sticks!)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

How about putting foul appearence on all the forrest goblins?

This would represent them being covered with feathers so they appear to be many eyed beasts (similar to peacocks and many other creatures). It would give the team alot more character and resolve some of their problems with poor statlines. I'd want to mess around with their positionals too but at the moment they just look like rubbish goblins with a few random positionals thrown in. Stikkas with dauntless sounds fun Smile

The main problem with FA is its interaction with bombs and TTM. Fortunately a bug means that it doesnt affect TTM, I'm not sure about bombs though. If possible the rest of the team should be made such that its a little weak against more durable opponents (gnomes and horrors).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
How about putting foul appearence on all the forrest goblins?

I think it would be overkill to put it on all the FGobs.. perhaps on the Shaman's though...
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2010 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

wrong thread

Last edited by Shraaaag on Jan 21, 2010 - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2010 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm, wrong thread?
 Jump to: