38 coaches online • Server time: 19:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Freakish

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

No restrictions on composition, we've had star players make several appearances and I wizards are allowed (if you want to spend the money on them). Once you've created a team, just submit it to the group (link at the bottom of this post).

Edit: Due to having a real life AND a missus whom is about to deliver a little bundle of joy, skab has had to withdraw. This means that the Amazon slot is re-opened for the tournament. Anyone up for the challenge?

Amazing Races New Division. One race to win it all.

Last edited by Freakish on %b %07, %2005 - %11:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on, very few spots left! (If i could count i would tell ya how many but i can´t).

Send Freakish a PM, stating which team ya want and he´ll tell ya if it´s ok. Check out the group and see for yourself which teams are left to be picked!

Just a bump.

M

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I'm going to keep banging on about this league until someone comes in and takes the remaining spots. There are only 2 slots left and I'd really like to get this tournament set up in the next few days so pretty please?

We are looking for 2 brave coaches to enter one of the following teams:

Amazon
Nurgle's Rotters

Team must be new and in Unranked division. Apoths, Wizards, Star Players allowed (if you want them). First come, first served. Send me a PM and I reserve the spot for ya.

BlackBart

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

bumpity

You know you want to join

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Nurgle left...i´m sure someone out there wants them, eh?

make a team and PM Freakish..it´s that simple.

M
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a Nurgle team: Running Out of Time.

Z
Freakish

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

STOP!!!! Update, Nurgle got taken this morning. It's Amazon that are available. Please don't send any more Nurgle's teams. Mithril, if I told you it was Nurgle, my bad!!!

This doesn't look good for my organisational skills, does it? Embarassed don't worry though, I'll get my head straight for the actual start, honest Smile

Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh...gonna take this on my own shoulders Freakish...I was pretty sure it was Nurgle that was free..but looking at the group page now i..ehm...well....was wrong. MY bad. Stoopid me..Sad

M

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

FINAL PLACE TAKEN!!! Thanks to all those who expressed interest in this tournament, there will no doubt be another one in the future.

Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

And we´re off!

Feel free to post about your matches, brags and lamentations here.

M

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Asked today about the Ogre team and their surprising succes in the two first rounds, Skrag (captain of the Mourn Dawgs) explained:

"Me not know anything bout that you talking bout. Me smash and also my friends smash. Puny goblins run around with some ball. Me not know why."

Asked specifically about his touchdown in the opening match, Skrag elaborated: "Puny goblin stick some ball in my pants and tell me that man at the other end of pitch call me "Fool". Me go smash man, but when I go to end of pitch everybody start cheering. Man very lucky I not find him. Me smash him soon!"

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores updated on the Group page.

I´m gonna update the score every sunday at about midnight bowlbottime. It´s great to see that so many games have been played allready! keep´em coming. Very Happy

Congrats to bogh for scoring 9 points in his first two matches!

M
Freakish

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Group A Round 1 saw the coming together of Shattered Souls and Drunken Rednecks. In a match that pundits around the land called a bloodbath, survivors of the game called it their greatest moment to date (of course this could be that this is the only game they've played to date).

From the opening drive when Shattered Souls won the toss and elected to receive the kick the scene was set for the carnage to follow. The pre-match festivities had got a bit too out of hand and it spilled onto the pitch. By the time the crowd cleared out, 3 Souls players and 1 Redneck were lying prostrate on the ground. Soon the fists were flying on the pitch, KOs and fatalities abounded. By the time that Souls scored the first TD of the match, 2 fatalities (one for each side, though Souls' fatality regenerated) and at least 7 KOs had been incurred. In the remaining minutes of the half, a second Redneck was fatally brought crashing to the ground.

Kickoff for the second half saw 11 players of Shattered Souls face 6 Rednecks. With such overwhelming odds, it was inevitable that the Redneck's defence would be overrun. A valiant attempt by a Redneck Blitzer saw them almost get the ball out of harms way but it was too late. A second TD to the Souls.

With only seconds remaining, both sides managed to cause futher injury to each other, including an SI to one of the Souls Ghouls.

After the match, coach Freakish was asked for his opinions. He was quoted as saying "Mmmm, squishy!"

Full report HERE

Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Once again, scores and ranking are updated on the group page.

Keep getting those games in!

M
lauth81

Post 22 Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Once again, scores and ranking are updated on the group page.

Keep getting those games in!

M

The Badlands Bandits should have 5 points. They beat the Nurgle Team 3-0, so they should get those 2 extra points ... Wink