56 coaches online • Server time: 22:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Artimus20

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious how the ranking system is formulated. I have a team 1 that's 7/2/3 with 153.02 ranking. Another team 2 that's 6/2/6 with 155.19? This makes no sense to me. I'm assuming td's and casualties affect this, however the first team 1, 26-19 (td) with +1 cas, second team 2, 27-25 (td) with -13 cas?? What else affects the ranking? Games played? What if team 1 loses 2 more games, 7/2/5, still a better record than team 2 yet the ranking would drop from 153.02?? Can anyone make sense of this please.

THANKS!
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You can take a look at the ranking formula in the FAQ under Reference or click the link Very Happy .

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=5

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want a summary rather than the spiffy 3d chart, it's based upon the relative rankings and strengths of the teams you won and lost to.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. I'm trying to figure out what K= A "weight" value is? I like formulas and stuff...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

For teams which are ranked, 2. For teams that opted out of ranking (or stunty league, right?) it's 0.

Christer could alter those values if he wanted your Open games to count as 3 points while divX was 2 and Stunty was 1 point, for example. Then people's ranking would mostly reflect their Open record, but be slightly influenced by divX and stunty.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yer you beat higher ranked teams or coaches then you get more ranking points if you beat lower ranked teams or coaches, likewise you lose more points if you lose to a lower ranked team or coach
 Jump to: