28 coaches online • Server time: 00:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Webbe

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I nearly always pick the ball up with BC on offense when I play CDs, I've played CDs a lot and I'm very successfull with them. I rarely have sure hands on BCs either as they got more importants skills to take. It works, and it works good. You only try to do td with hobbos when that's your only option or when you want to skill them up.

Here's some stats (mostly for myself, was fun to gather).
I've played nearly a 4th of my games with CDs (101 of 411) and got a win percentage of 76% with them.
In those 101 games I've scored 206 TDs and 132 of them has been done by ag2 BCs, that's 64% of the TDs.

This also means that around 18% of my total ammount of TDs on fumbbl has been done by BCs. Then you add the odd tds of other ag2 players and it's probably up around 20%.

Conclusion, ag2 scorers rocks!!!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a second, you guys have got ag2 guys on your roster??? But that would mean two times -ag... Oh, we're not talking elves, carry on then :p
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

But Kroxigors are at AG 1 as his saurus teammates or mummies, treemen and trolls.
Agility increases are rare. Most kroxigors around have none.

the 9th reason: He had intercepted the ball. (2 sp so far, so rush and let them become 5)

HollowOne

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankly, if you go about regularly carrying the ball with an Ag 2 carrier, he should have Sure Hands. Not only to pick up the ball 3 times out of 4, but also because otherwise Strip Ball may well own you.

Unless you play only bashers who think Strip Ball is a waste of a good Mighty Blow.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
The_Legend wrote:
There are only 2 possible excuses for trying to give the ball to a player with ag <3:

1. You're up 2+ TDs and those BOBs just aren't progressing fast enough
2. That BOB is the only one who can possibly score and you have to score right now!

Two words: Bull Centaur. Nuff said.

One word: Hobgoblin.

The BCs are not the ball carriers on the CD team. Personally, I think the team would be better balanced if the BCs had AG1.

* I like that idea a lot better than taking away their general skills which is the vault's current proposal

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Legend wrote:
* I like that idea a lot better than taking away their general skills which is the vault's current proposal

I think you'll find it isn't anymore - Vault 1.7 gives General skills back to Bull Centaurs and Mummies.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
The_Legend wrote:

I think you'll find it isn't anymore - Vault 1.7 gives General skills back to Bull Centaurs and Mummies.

oh.

well that's good.

I still think the CD team would be more inline with the rest of the teams if BCs had AG1

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Legend wrote:
thmbscrws wrote:
The_Legend wrote:
There are only 2 possible excuses for trying to give the ball to a player with ag <3:

1. You're up 2+ TDs and those BOBs just aren't progressing fast enough
2. That BOB is the only one who can possibly score and you have to score right now!

Two words: Bull Centaur. Nuff said.

One word: Hobgoblin.

The BCs are not the ball carriers on the CD team. Personally, I think the team would be better balanced if the BCs had AG1.

Of the top ten scorers for chaos dwarves 9 are bull centaurs. Bull centaurs are excellant at scoring and thats how they should stay the thing that makes cds unique is the fact that they have str4 agility 2 ball carriers. If you made the bulls agility 1 then the team would just be another dull bashy team with nothing to set itself apart.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

makes me miss my ag 2 mv 5 breaktackle block mummy he was my catcher Sad
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankie wrote:
You can also check out Loqgar. Wink Nice player!

Thanks Frankie, I like him. He's better at Ball Handleing than the Skinks, even before he got the Second +AG

Brad
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Another problem with kroxigors as ballcarrier is bonehead. A 16,7% probability that there is no way to bring the ball closer to its destination even if there is a nice open path.
Well, that's better than a 'walk' with a mino or rat ogre, though.

Webbe

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2005 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the first krox have pro so it's only 9.7% then.
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2005 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Of the top ten scorers for chaos dwarves 9 are bull centaurs. Bull centaurs are excellant at scoring and thats how they should stay the thing that makes cds unique is the fact that they have str4 agility 2 ball carriers. If you made the bulls agility 1 then the team would just be another dull bashy team with nothing to set itself apart.

Damn straight.