30 coaches online • Server time: 09:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm...hello there...and terribly sorry for my recent absense... Well...we're back on schedule! And, yes, slow/ignorant coaches are a real pain in the... I really don't want to set fixed deadlines but it seems I have to...soon... We'll start with that in the 101-125 level, if it is wanted. Yep, my 2 teams were there to forfeit... But still many others never show up...it's a damn shame! Let me know if you have any ideas or want to help out!
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, you need to set deadlines, and most importantly, STICK TO THEM. If you say you want the game played by day X, and only one of the two teams has contacted you by then to say they're still interested, then forfeit the game for the non-contact and promote the other. If neither contacts you, send a PM to see if there's still interest...if one says yes, the other no/no-contact, advance the yes vote. If both yes or both no/no-contact, fliip a coin. You gave them fair warning, no excuses on their part. They agreed to follow the league rules when they joined.

You're not being mean doing this--you're being organized and considerate of everybody else, and you'll earn the respect of everybody involved. Even the ones who get dropped as a result; they'll grumble, but if they're fair to themselves they'll see you did the right thing, and will do better in the future. I know I would. This reputation will put you in better stead to recruit only committed coaches who are less likely to give you similar problems in the future, so it does get better for you if you have a guilty conscience.

BTW, I'm washed out of the tourney, the team's retired, and want to move on to other things, yet until the Chaos Cup 100-125 tourney is over I can't. So, set deadlines, finish the tourney, and let's all move on, shall we? Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So, when will Tr 100-125 begin?

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as the 76-100 is done...there's a deadline yesterday...and I'll give another week for the semi:s...
Arcon

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

uhm, why now only one week?

It started as a tourney without deadlines. Sure, that doesn´t work, but wouldn´t 14 or 10 days be a good solution?
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Since this bitter first round (76-100) has sort of died out...and I want to finish it off rather quickly so we can move on to the next (101-125) level and have another go...
Arcon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, my next opponent has been off for 7 days now. i guess, another game not played...
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, this sucks.

Boelcke, have you been drunk when you forfeited the games???

Mazzik has been off for over 10 days, logged in 2 days ago, and after that never appeared. Me on the other side kind of regularly posted in this threat and mentioned his long off-times as well.

Thx for giving him the victory.

Great group managing!
Boelcke

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...nope...

Since I didn't hear from any coach I randomly forfeited the game.

Terribly sorry for how it turned out, though.
Boelcke

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Right then...the first (76-100) Cup unfortunately turned out to be quite a disappointment...and I'll take half the blame for that...
I've been consumed by work, life and general absentmindedness...and apologize for that.
Now, for the upcoming 101-125TR Cup...would anyone be interested in helping me running it?
I.e. Checking in on deadlines, forfeiting games...etc...
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the point in not ending this KO-tourney?

Last game was forfeitet over 15 days ago, with the deadline being set to 1 week, a good extension. One of the players has been off for 17 days now (well, we had that already...), so you can be pretty sure this game will never get played.

Just my advice: If you want to continue with chaos cup, stick to your own rules and announcements. If not, anyway, be so kind to forfeit the last game.

Just my oppinion...
 Jump to: