63 coaches online • Server time: 18:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a new league i've been working on, initially meant for just some friends of mine to introduce them to fumbbl.com.
But as i got creating it just grew in size, and at some point i decided that this had the potential to become a nice public league.
So I just went with it and ended up with the Grudge League.

Season 1 of the Grugde League stretches over 7 tournaments. And only new teams (TR 100) will be approved into the grudge league this first season. When teams are in the Grudge League they can then apply their team to specific tournament as long as they fulfill the requirements. So the coaches who apply their team to a tournament will have to be pretty comitted during that time.
The idea is that teams who are enrolled to the Grudge League may not play games outside the league, so if a team wants to rise in TR it has to paticipate in a tournament.
At the end of each tournament awards will be handed out...samples of season 1 awards are already made.
The league's first season is meant to begin when a minimum of 16 coaches have applied.

Any comments on the league or ideas for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

In the creation process i drew some inspiration from the Orca-Cola Cup Series and the Dansk Liga which are both excellent leagues.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A knockout tournament scoring chart has been added...
If anyone feel the nubers should be tweaked a little, or have had good experiences with other scoring configurations. Feel free to post it...

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The two-team-per-race limit is a fine idea to keep the diversity of races. Too much leages suffer become basher contests after some seasons.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi tyrant. I watched at your league (I won't apply because I am close to the 15 U team limit) but here are some advices:

-The whole thing is pretty good but I think you should maybe add some more special rules to distinguish the spirit of the tournaments.

-You should also keep deadlines and be strict with that. No deadlines is the best way to kill your tournaments yourself.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I followed your advice sk8bcn and now plan on employing deadlines. The lenght on the deadlines will be up for discussion. My initial though was about a 1 week deadline pr. round, but maybe we'll have to raise to 10 days/2 weeks depending on what the members want. So if you have any preference, let me know!

I will also get to work on some more special rules, for the different tournaments...

thanks for the feedback...

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ok by experience, 1 week per round requieres very quick playing guys. This can work with small groups. But the bigger it becomes the harder a week a game gets. The problem in allowing deadline breaches is that your most reliable (and therefore quick playing) players start to be upset. These are the guys you need to keep in.

I do deadline that way:

I use a redline/deadline rule:

Deadline: you have 15 days to play your game.

But (in order to keep things running)

Redline: you must pm the organiser after 10 days so that he knows that players really try to arrange the game.

I pm players a few days before redline (to cover myself somehow) and then I am strict.

Since then I never had someone saying I was unfair, I know how things are going, I feel better about forfeits.

Well that was just an idea but I am satisfied with it in my own tournament.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

ok...the dealine system have been tweaked to employ the redline/deadline rule (courtesy of sk8bcn), this will hopefully keep the league runnning smooth and avoid problems concerning late games.

Also added some minor details to the elven tournament, and added a promoional match at the end of the season...other changes will be made later...feel free to comment/suggest new ideas!

At last i have a question to people already running a league:
When a tournament has been played, is there an option to give the winning team some prizes (ie. extra winnings, or an mvp award to all player...)?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

when does the tournament start?
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

When 16 teams are ready for the "Dawn Of Blood Challenge" the rookie tournament...

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A new seeding system has been added to the "Kislev Classics" tournament...check it out, and give me your opinion...does the chart unfairly favor some teams?

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally I will step in the group. It seems to interesting for me not to join. But I did not understand how the similarity system works.
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

hello tyrant, and hi everybody.
i just applied to play your league with a team of orcs.
i believe that the idea behind the kislev classic rules do not particulary appeals me and that i feel that the rule will favour the "light" teams, but hey, bloodbowl is not meant to be fair!!! Smile
maybe i'd move "to the right" the skaven and " to the left" the norse, but as the league is meant for teams under TR 150 maybe this is not the case.
other thing that one might think is to divide the seeding in two random halfs and then apply the similarity thing, so that every pairing is still possible in the final matches.
BUT, and this is the important thing, the system is original and helps giving each tournament an UNIQUE FEELING, that will help everyone enjoy the game and the background.
Thank you for all of the job you put here!

-----------------------------------------
ORKA ZPAKA!!!
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hi ZevinzeNompardi!
your team is in...good to see some fellow orcs (im planning on making an orc team as well...)

also ive changed the seeding system to the Kislev Classics, so i now use the "The Race Similarity Chart" on 2 random divisions of teams, which are then later merged to make the final tournament seeding. And that should make every pairing possible in the final. Great idea Zev!

As for the moving of the skaven and norse teams...i will give that a little more thought, before changing anything there...

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ok...after my previous post i recieved 2 Join Requests both wanting to be orc Confused ...and eventhough i had planned to make an orc team, i'll be a good sport and step aside (though tempted to use my admin powers Smile ).
But one of the submitted teams has to be denied, because of the 2 teams pr. race rule.
So how can i see who applied first? is the join request sorted so the first join request is on top?

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I created my team when I posted the message. If really needed I would create another team but I never played orc.
 Jump to: