46 coaches online • Server time: 00:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Saurus, Hot or Not?
Its ok like its now, we dont need any changes
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Lets kick the saurus teams out of Peasant Bowl!
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Use 20 str restriction on saurus too!
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
I have better idea, Ill post it in this thread
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like saurus teams are pretty much free score machines to other teams. Some still like to play them, but will this screw scoring? Should some actions be made or just let it go?

This is Peasant Bowl poll, please vote only if youre a Peasant Bowl coach or are planning to join us.
Baskhus

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i heard the saurans might be put under the same restrictions of only being able to play within 20 str of another team. Just for notation, my starting Sauran team only had a 67 str if i remember correctly. Even having lost they've picked up an apoth, 2 more rerolls for an 82 str now. I don't have any good answers for the problem i guess the 20 str thing would be good cept i hate waiting to find a game... plus beat up teams might feel really scared to face an all str 4 "pick up game"

Hey I voted for the 20str rule to apply but here's an alternative that unfortunately does not fit in with the flavor of the game but just throwing it out there to get flamed or whatnot. Saurans could buy a Kroxigor Goalie that can only move in the goal line or the row in front of the goal. It's not much of a defense but i've seen some gfi's crap out right in that zone. the goalie would have to toss the ball back in. I don't see any chance of this getting approved and I'm not so sure I want it in my game, i'm just throwing it in there for options since this thing is up for a vote.

Last edited by Baskhus on Jul 01, 2003 - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be better for the league if the saurus' were removed. IMO the epic battles of 11 on 11 equally skilled(er.. unskilled) players make for a better match. Anything can happen. I played a suarus team and i was able to make holes just by putting as many orc lineman as I could on the line with a space between each one. He didnt have enough saurus' to block or even get in the way of all my orcs. I had orc lineman just blitzing through the hole sacking the ball carrier, if he even picked the ball up, and scoring in 2-3 turns when I was kicking. That was just with orcs I can imagine the scores put up with a skaven team with decent skills on their players. Like I said, I think two teams with 11 players on the pitch would make for better matches and a more competitive league. my two cents.

voodoo
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry for the poor sauri, but I'm afraid they just can't fight back. As Peikko said, right now they are spp farms for their opponents and quite unplayable, really.

Sad but true Sad
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing khemri just with -14 str seems like it worked, atleas cause I got couple skeles out from the field. Personally Im goin for 20 dif.
Baskhus

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i just played two games with my saurans both where the opponent was 19 points ahead of me - one ended in a tie, the other i won! so there for all those wish the saurans would leave people Smile i dare ya to say that on the pitch of my bloodbowl game ;p
Haddock

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem I see with the Saurus team, is that they will have a hard time to get over 110 in strength. So they will never be abel to play the teams at the to of the strength tabel.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There has been opinions that maybe it shoudl be allowed that saurus could have 3 skills before retiring. That and 20 str dif might make them pretty different and tought team althought theres just 6 of them.
The prob might be that it will get hard for saurus to get those first skills to raise 20 to str that they can start to play normal teams.

Since theres no way to reset poll and add this as one option, reply in this thread and say "hell yeah" if you want saurus to have 3 skills and 20 dif ruling, or say "raitiovaununtarkastajanuniformunnapinlapi" if you dont Cool
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

raitiovaununtarkastajanuniformunnapinlapi!

j/k

HELL YEAH!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2003 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell Yeah!
Haddock

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2003 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Twisted Evil Hell Yeah! Twisted Evil
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2003 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell Yeah ... making a saurus team here Wink
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2003 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with having the sauri retire after 3 skills instead of 2. I think the lizzies are a good deterrent for the Skaven teams. I believe the Skaven disadvantage of not living long is highly offset by the fact that you retire after two skill anyway. This makes their disadvantage not nearly as debilitating. The keeping of the sauri teams makes things a bit more dangerous for these guys.
shlominus

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

give them a kroxi? probably not. Wink
Baskhus

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

shlominus wrote:
give them a kroxi? probably not. Wink
i agree, the kroxi was a krox of an idea Smile I like the 3 skills instead of 2 innumerably more!
 Jump to: