25 coaches online • Server time: 02:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be intrested in a human team only league?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 18 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 31

Barash

Post   Posted: May 04, 2003 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,

I was wondering if people want to participate in a human team and player only league. Human International Blood Bowl League (HIBBL)

The general idea of this League will be that it's exclusively for human teams and human players.
(No, ogres do not qualify as “big” humans: they are simply not allowed)

All teams are only allowed to play vs. other human teams in this league. A schedule will be made as soon as we have enough teams to get started. Or there might be an open tournament type. There will be a final(s) as well between the best 2 or 4 teams for the trophy.

In between the seasons some efforts will be made to get all teams in the same team rating range. To accomplish this low team rating teams might be offered extra games vs. other low rating teams. And it might also happen that team who has an exceptional higher team rating will be asked kindly by the league commissioner to lower his team rating some points (i.e. sell players or RR’s). If a coach doesn't comply the commissioner could fine him with negative championship points and reward teams playing this coach with a few extra championship points.

Championship points can be earned by winning games:
3 points for a win
1 point for a tie
0 points for a loss

Do you have any suggestions or you would like to join a league of this kind? Please post a reply!

oh yeah.. one thing is most important in this league: have fun!
athoragg

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Do Norse class as humans, as they are human, but also not.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd play if it was human/norse/amazon but not straight human.

Also I don't know about this equalizing of teams between seasons. A higher TR is the reward for having done well and played well. Bringing up the lower people is fine, but don't cripple the best coaches.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ahhh yes i forgot amazon teams.

It would be cool if it was Human, Amazon & Norse.

Also would be nice if Bretonnian teams were in DivX, so they could be used, but still.
Barash

Post   Posted: May 05, 2003 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
I'd play if it was human/norse/amazon but not straight human.

Also I don't know about this equalizing of teams between seasons. A higher TR is the reward for having done well and played well. Bringing up the lower people is fine, but don't cripple the best coaches.

My first idea was only to include humans, so no norse and amazons. I want to have a competition where teams are evenly matched in positions so that skill of the coach and luck would determine the outcome. I will create an other poll to ask players what they would like to see most.

I agree on the 2nd remark: don't punish teams who have played well. That rule is only there to do something about a coach with let's say extream luck (on money and such) and because of that he has tr 250 while other coaches have an average tr of 150. you can say all teams have to play 4 friendly games to close the gap, or tell the best team to get rid of one player, witch is a lot less work to make the league compatitive again and start the season quicker.
Calvin

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play in a Human League only. Sounds fun im in if it happens.. Very Happy
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What if all teams start at a rating of 100 ?

Lets all make a new Human teams! (maybe in Divx cause there are most slots free)
It 'll definetly determine who is the best or coach with the most luck.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join an all human league as well ( ´zons and norse as well), but: it should be DivX and there should be 2 games max a week.

Greetz
Sinner
Calvin

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Any body know whats up with the all Human league.. What has become of the idea... Laughing
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in joining. I like the all Human idea. The TR issue is tough when you don't have the handicap system. Since I don't like penalizing for great performance, you could do what the NFL tries to do and give the top teams a tougher schedule for the 2nd season. (ie - top 4 teams play each other twice and all other teams once). My 2 cents

Jump to: